vVv LordJerith

vVv Staff: Transition from Family to Sports Team

We are growing.  The community is getting bigger. Our social media presence has nearly doubled in 9 months. This is awesome! All this growth speaks to new opportunities.

I feel this donation drive is the perfect time to tell you that change is coming. Our staff will be moving from a "family feel" to a "performance sports team." The community will remain one big family, but in order to grow, we need athletes on staff.  We don't need people to do "tasks" anymore. We need men and women who like to score big wins. We want the kind of person who is not focused on their "role" or their "tasks" but are focused on scoring goals, making baskets, scoring touchdowns and crossing that finish line.  If ANY of this makes sense to you, personally, READ ON. It gets better.

change-is-permanent.jpg

The current staff is awesome!  Many things are in auto-pilot.  Now, we need to grow.  So, I want you to know that anyone who is let go from staff leaves it as a friend and an AWESOME contributor.  Where we are headed, we need fresh blood, a new breed, we need athletes. This is where I reach out to YOU!

Warrior-Dash_Copper2.jpg

vVv Gaming is seeking athletes!

Rob and Jordan will be interviewing new staff members.  If they really like you, we will fly you out to LA to meet with me, personally, for a final interview.  If you feel that you want your life to go in a new direction, you want to experience life as an entrepreneur or simply value experience and actually DOING things, this is for you.  Again, our future direction need athletes on staff.  

Here are some more details:

We want people who believe in our mission statement and are passionate about vVv Gaming:

"In everything we do, we believe that all gamers with a passion for competition need an engaging outlet to share and express their passions. Competitive gamers thrive in a diverse environment that is social, empowering, supportive and informative, and all gamers, regardless of skill, have a place in competitive gaming. Competitive gaming should entertain, be educational and make you feel a sense of domination, whether you’re the top player or simply a fan. The way we do this is called vVv Gaming, and we just happen to be the best competitive gaming community in the world. Wanna join?" -vVv LordJerith

88fc6bf82b8e4466868aef6acdb4bede_view.jp

We want you to help us deliver on that mission.  If you ask, "What should I do?" or "How can I help?" We don't need you. If you can come and say, I want to do THIS and it will help vVv Gaming deliver on the mission, I say. . . Go on. I'm listening.

Can't wait to see a few of you in LA real soon.  Good Luck!

As a former staff member, I can definitely say that this is an awesome progression for vVv as an organization. Jerry, you're last paragraph points out a fundamental problem I think has been in staff for years:

If you ask, "What should I do?" or "How can I help?" We don't need you.

It's great that people want to get involved, but you can tell that a lot of people like the idea of being staff and having this opportunities rather than actually wanting to be a staff member. And a lot of people over the years have applied and become staff without a general goal in mind but rather a mindset of "How can I help" or "What needs to be done" which isn't necessarily a bad mindset but not an appropriate one for this kind of setting, as we've seen and what could be an underlying cause for this new shift in perspective and approach.

I say this because I was one of those people. I joined vVv back in high school so I was definitely always getting well over my head with staff work or just didn't take it seriously or didn't really have the passion for the position that was required. So I was on and off staff for a while because I wanted to be on staff but I really wasn't sure why.

Now, is this article like a tipping point for me? Not really. I've matured since my last times as staff member. However, I think this is an opportunity that I do not want to pass up. I complete my second year of college this afternoon and already my summer is full of "real life stuff"; ie, internships, jobs, living on my own, getting ready for junior year, etc. 

This is probably great timing for me. I'm becoming more and more serious with my passions as a writer and active member of the eSports community. That's why I've been reaching out to people to work with them as a writer or host or on-air personality. These are positions I have honed my skills to qualify for, I presume.

So, Jerry, where can I start? Where can I go from here to take this opportunity by the horns? I think this could be another great step in my career in eSports as a personality and a voice, because vVv has been the placed where I've molded both my personality and voice for the past several years. It's only fitting that I continue on this path with vVv if possible.

At the very least, last year at MLG Anaheim, we had a personal discussion in your hotel room, Jerry. And it opened up a lot about both me, you, vVv
Gaming and my place in all of this. I want round 2 on that conversation. :)

Edited by vVv Rapture

I think it's probable that a lot of people are going to be "inspired" by this post.  Something I've been writing about lately in a blog series is motivation and passion.  I feel like a lot of "motivational" quotes, videos, posts, etc. get used to fill some kind of emotional void, or they give a fleeting sense of desire, but nothing else.  To all of you who are inspired by this, the real challenge comes tomorrow morning when your alarm is going off and you just want to sleep in, or tomorrow afternoon when you want to sit down and play your favorite game for the rest of the afternoon.  Where is the inspiration going to go?  Will you let it trickle away into a fleeting experience of being awake and aware of your world for a few minutes after reading this thread?  Or will you do the really difficult thing and actually sit down and think of ways you could make the eSports scene better?  Even if you take that step, will you do the research and hard work necessary to put together something that truly adds value to the eSports scene? 

That feeling you get when you're "inspired" is only the beginning.  It's the small flame that ignites you to go on and do great things.  But doing those things is the hard part.  You have to find the motivation within yourself to take that small flame and kindle it into a passionate fire.  When you don't want to do anything else except lay down, but you find the reason to keep going, that's when you'll know what it's like to be the one inspiring other people instead of being the guy who sits around watching inspirational videos all day, without ever actually doing anything.

So my challenge to all of you who were reached by Lord Jerith's message is to not just say how inspired you were or to feel an inspirational moment, but to wake yourselves up to a richer and more rewarding life by taking that inspiration, feeding it, growing it, and delivering great things from it.  Wake yourselves up and get started making this the best place it can possibly be.

This will be a big opportunity for a lot of people. I am interested into seeing who will take this opportunity and prosper from it! I know I will do my best to try and make the best out of this!

Woah, what an opportunity! As a previous staff member, I truly mean it when I say it is a great expreience to be involved with staff, and it certainly developed many of my business skills.

I'm really happy to see vVv grow to where the organization is now and good luck to all that apply! 

I sent an email already saying this, but I have plans, and this is by far the best place I could ever be to try and follow through with these plans

Woah, what an opportunity! As a previous staff member, I truly mean it when I say it is a great expreience to be involved with staff, and it certainly developed many of my business skills.

I'm really happy to see vVv grow to where the organization is now and good luck to all that apply! 

Exactly how I  feel about this whole thing. :)

Slauney & Voison 11'.

Edited by Voison

Almost everything I wanted to say has already been said by Sugarbear, but I definitely feel the need to repeat that if you can't see yourself having the same drive and determination several months from now as you have now, and if you don't feel like you'll have the time to really focus on vVv, staff isn't for you. Being on staff can be extremely rewarding if you're willing to work hard, but speaking from experience and seeing dozens of staff members come and go during my time here, it isn't for everyone. In my opinion, saying that you were able to help run one of the greatest competitive gaming organizations in the world, and by far the best community in gaming, makes it all worth it.

Add me ASAP! I haven't talked to you since mw2

In all honesty, if I wasn't a full time student ( Business Management ) and working full time I would definitely take up this offer. Would be amazing and is exactly what I am looking to do with myself. Maybe down the road in the future I will most definitely see if this offer is still available.

I think it's probable that a lot of people are going to be "inspired" by this post.  Something I've been writing about lately in a blog series is motivation and passion.  I feel like a lot of "motivational" quotes, videos, posts, etc. get used to fill some kind of emotional void, or they give a fleeting sense of desire, but nothing else.  To all of you who are inspired by this, the real challenge comes tomorrow morning when your alarm is going off and you just want to sleep in, or tomorrow afternoon when you want to sit down and play your favorite game for the rest of the afternoon.  Where is the inspiration going to go?  Will you let it trickle away into a fleeting experience of being awake and aware of your world for a few minutes after reading this thread?  Or will you do the really difficult thing and actually sit down and think of ways you could make the eSports scene better?  Even if you take that step, will you do the research and hard work necessary to put together something that truly adds value to the eSports scene? 

That feeling you get when you're "inspired" is only the beginning.  It's the small flame that ignites you to go on and do great things.  But doing those things is the hard part.  You have to find the motivation within yourself to take that small flame and kindle it into a passionate fire.  When you don't want to do anything else except lay down, but you find the reason to keep going, that's when you'll know what it's like to be the one inspiring other people instead of being the guy who sits around watching inspirational videos all day, without ever actually doing anything.

So my challenge to all of you who were reached by Lord Jerith's message is to not just say how inspired you were or to feel an inspirational moment, but to wake yourselves up to a richer and more rewarding life by taking that inspiration, feeding it, growing it, and delivering great things from it.  Wake yourselves up and get started making this the best place it can possibly be.

+1  Well said.

Good post, happy to see the changes begin REALLY looking forward to seeing where we are in a few months. Now that everyone seems to be motivated, let's see how long this motivation lasts.

In before the JAYC WHY YOU SO NEGATIVE posts ;)

Edited by vVv JayC

Good post, happy to see the changes begin REALLY looking forward to seeing where we are in a few months. Now that everyone seems to be motivated, let's see how long this motivation lasts.

In before the JAYC WHY YOU SO NEGATIVE posts ;)

JAYC Y U SO NEG. MANG?!

In all seriousness, though, you absolutely will not go wrong if you take this oppurtunity and have all the necessary ingredients to make it work. Not only will you work for the one of if not THE best community  in the country (if not the world), you will have the chance to do so much in your life that you may never have dreamed of ever doing anywhere else.

I, myself, sadly, don't quite have the right motivation for this (I'm far too stuck in my "comfort zone" as you might call it) but anyone else who has all that's required ought to give it a shot and commit.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Please enter your display name