Magicmooch

Blizzard to announce brand new game at PAX East?

So I was browsing the internet and came across this picture.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/march/blizzPAXEAST.jpg

After some fishing around I came across an actual article about it.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/02/blizzard-set-to-debut-something-new-at-pax-east/

So, Blizzard is announcing a new game at PAX East. Something not an expansion, not a sequel, and even blatantly comes out and says it will not be the fabled "Project Titan" MMO that we have all heard about.  So what do you guys think it will be?

Personally, I think it will be Blizzard All-Stars, they're MOBA game that was announced at Blizzcon 2010.

Also, the website is hilarious http://us.media.blizzard.com/all-stars/index.html

Edited by vVv Magicmooch

Blizzard allstars was a starcraft mod no? It looked like it was made right on the starcraft 2 engine as a custom game mode, didn't look like a standalone to me.

I honestly really hope it's titan, I REALLY REALLY hope it's titan :)

I'm pretty sure it'll be fun to play. Blizzard DotA should be a pretty decent game. Do I wish Blizzard had trademarked the name DotA? Damn right looking back on it.

Blizzard allstars was a starcraft mod no? It looked like it was made right on the starcraft 2 engine as a custom game mode, didn't look like a standalone to me.

I honestly really hope it's titan, I REALLY REALLY hope it's titan :)

it was a Starcraft 2 mod that was picked up and put into a standalone development.  And they confirmed that it will definitely NOT be Titan.

I mean, it probably is Blizzard All-Starts, the game actually officially hasn't been revealed, unless they have something else no one knows about

SO.  At PAX East this morning Blizzard had their announcement.

An online collectible trading card game called Hearthstone.  It isn't a new IP, but, I think its a pretty interesting idea.  For those of you who don't know about Blizzard they did have a World of Warcraft trading card game before.

Opinions on this? This literally was announced like 30 minutes ago so I do not know a whole lot about it yet so I will update this thread with more information.

Another TCG based around Warcraft? when their last one was maybe mildly sucessful (mostly due to rare item cards for ingame mounts n stuff)? Great blizzard... I hardly want to spend money on the one TCG that is successful, MTG, due to how much it drains my wallet >.> so much for a "New Game", this is a rehash of the WoW TCG made playable like MTG online.

Another TCG based around Warcraft? when their last one was maybe mildly sucessful (mostly due to rare item cards for ingame mounts n stuff)? Great blizzard... I hardly want to spend money on the one TCG that is successful, MTG, due to how much it drains my wallet >.> so much for a "New Game", this is a rehash of the WoW TCG made playable like MTG online.

Rehash seems to be a bit harsh.  Although, yeah, its not a new IP like they eluded to.  However, its a free to play online card game.  Seems like a fun little game for Warcraft fans, not nearly as much commitment as the original card game had.  Its definitely something I will play for something to do and have some fun with friends.  I never played the original card game so this will be fun for me to experience.

Also its not a TCG, its a CCG :paw:

the F2P part feels a bit slight of hand, kinda like MTG Online saying it is F2P. Yeah you can, but it is one major pain in the ass to do.

From what I have seen its F2P all the way, play games to get card packs.  I mean this, of course, is all what was said at PAX.  I am sure more info on it will be released in the coming weeks.  I already signed up for the Beta though so heres to hoping I get into it!

This is the article I read that makes me a bit skeptical: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blizzard-entertainment-announces-hearthstone-heroes-150000109.html

mostly this part:

“The Forge,” where they start each match by building a deck from a new set of cards, and then use that deck to duel other Forge participants. Aside from winning new cards, players will be able to round out their collections by purchasing new card packs or disenchanting some of their existing cards to craft the ones they’re missing.

Now perhaps they mean "purchasing" with ingame currency, in which case I am wrong; But for some reason I doubt it.

Well I mean that doesnt make it a bad thing necessarily, you dont have to pay for the cards to get them but you can get them through paying (like you said whether it be ingame currency or actual money) its gunna be a nice little fun game.  So idk I will play it lol