gallery_17235_854_2184.png

gallery_5702_653_39783.png

SteelSeries, the leading global manufacturer of premium-quality, competitive gaming peripherals, recently released two new audio products that fit into their Freedom to Play mobile gaming category including both the Flux In-ear and the Flux In-Ear Pro. With my experience using the UFC in-ear headset, I was excited to have the opportunity to test both of them out and provide you with my thoughts about the products in this dual-review.

fluxinear-fluxinearpro_comparison-header

Practicality and Adaptability

Before comparing and contrasting the Flux In-Ear and the Flux In-Ear Pro, I want to first breakdown what makes them both equally awesome products. As a gamer, student and music enthusiast, I found both versions of the Flux to be very adaptable and practical for my everyday life in their own respects. From commuting to school and the gym to playing League of Legends, or from interviewing vVv applicants and teams to chatting with vVv members over mumble, they both exceeded my expectations in several aspects. Straight out of the box, they both include a carrying case for convenient storage which I used for the extra ear tips and accessories provided. In addition to sleek carrying cases, the pair are manufactured with flat, anti-tangle cables which mean no tangled mess out of the case or your pocket. The flat cable was a huge improvement over other headsets that I've used, and definitely made them work perfectly for my consistently active schedule.

med_gallery_4154_416_166439.png

Flux In-Ear: To give a complete comparison of the two headsets, I took them both everywhere. Starting with the gym, I found that after a few short minutes my preference was the the standard In-Ear because of its compact size and weight. The same was true for when I was running errands, waiting for the bus and heading to class - the size, weight and passive noise cancellation were what really made me excited about the Flux In-Ear, and added to my overall experience.

med_gallery_4154_416_38122.png

Flux In-Ear Pro: The Pro is badass for gaming. Right away I had the chance to use the adapter cable, and plugged them right into the existing extension cord that I use for my Siberia's. In fact, the Pro is now my go-to headset, even over the Siberia because I enjoy the earbud experience more than the full headset, and the sound and microphone quality is as good or better. The swappable cable system also allows me to use the them for full capability on mobile devices, PC and Mac. While the In-Ear's size and weight appealed to me for school, the gym and just hanging out listening to music, I found myself using the pro for gaming, meetings and interviews.

med_gallery_4154_416_39204.png

Comfort and Quality

The Comfort of the In-Ear and In-Ear Pro is very similar to my experience with all of the Steelseries products that I've used which is that I forget that I'm even using the product. This may seem like a nuanced experience, but when I don't remember that I'm using the gear then there's nothing between me and my listening and gaming. After using them for over a week, I'm completely spoiled, and I don't think I could go back to a different pair. Since both headsets also include customization with their different sized Silicone ear-tips, I'm betting this will be true for most everyone.

med_gallery_4154_416_48043.png

Flux In-Ear: Due to its compact size and drivers, the Flux In-Ear headset fits perfectly snug and secure inside your ear. This perfect fit and comfort creates a seal, which allowed me to focus on whatever I was listening to and doing because I could isolate myself from the world.

med_gallery_4154_416_29396.png

Flux In-Ear Pro: My listening was immediately enhanced with the pro's comply foam tips which create a secure seal and its ear-guides that snap on to keep your cable in place. For me, wearing them over the ear didn't work well because of my ear shape, but don't fret, Steelseries designed them so they can also be worn traditionally with just as much awesomeness.

gallery_4154_416_9804.png

Conclusion and Price Analysis
In conclusion, the In-Ear and In-Ear Pro are both incredible headsets for gaming and entertainment. The In-Ear, competitively priced at $49.99, is intuitive, compact and is perfect for listening to music and gaming on the go. Alternatively, the Pro goes for significantly more at $129.99, but is well worth the investment for anyone who wants to use the same headset for everything from gaming to music to talking with no loss in quality or experience. Apart from the slightly greater weight, it matches or exceeds the In-Ear with the added bonus of being adaptable, comfortable and convenient. 

logo_header.png

Want an In-ear pro of your own?
Want an In-ear pro of your own? Post a reply to this thread letting us know WHAT (what kind of music or media you'd listen to with the Pro) and WHERE (where you'd listen to it)! Two winners will be randomly drawn from all entries on Friday, March 22nd at 6pm PST. Good Luck!

I would listen something with a strong bass like Skrillex or Dubstep. Listening withstrong basses with good heaphones or earphones can make you jam and nod your head a little.

Perfect for casual DOTA and taking the train all throughout the city and when I travel without having to disturb others around me with my loud metal music :P

Those Pro ear buds sound incredible. I'd definitely be listening to the soundtracks from the two Super Mario Galaxy games and Skyrim while at the gym and at work. Some of the best music I've ever heard is in those games.

Comforting look, I'd use them to listen to my metal/Trance I feel like they're going to be amazing for that sense, also with gaming at times.

I would use them to listen to all types of music on my way to and from class as well as in the computer labs where I spend a majority of the time so that I can not listen to my professors.

Edited by vVv Magicmooch

I would listen/Watch the vVv Harlem Shake Video, over and over again. Also would listen to Hip-Hop and or Livestream's, while at work from my iPhone, or while I am traveling the next few months!

Great Review though! Can't wait to see a visual Review!

Edited by vVv Grinder

I would listen to livestreams or YouTube videos while the wife slept or finished up work. Would even try them out for gaming. Aside from that I would be listening to hip-hop any chance I could get.

I would listen to just about any genre of music as im always exploring and finding new music that i enjoy!  I do listen to a lot of Alternative and Rock.  Breaking Benjamin, RED, Safetysuit, Dead by April among others.  I play guitar as well so I would use these to listen to covers/pick up on sounds for play by ear.  I would also use these at my work station at work as I am always listening to Spotify and watching Twitch.tv.  I float around several different users channels to get a variety of viewing/listen ins.  I work for a Media Company called ESN (eSports-Nation) as the Marketing Director and am always on Skype calls so this would most certainly help with these meetings as well!

In all honesty, who wouldnt want or couldnt use a nice pair of earbuds.  Good Luck to all participants!

-Mike

I love my Siberia v2's so if this is better... well damn guess i need a pair >.<

Would use them for my battle anthem combo of some Hatsune Miku and Megurine Luka as I destroy my foes online     :rob:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Please enter your display name