Sign in to follow this  
Sailox

Thresh

So I just want to say that I think the best match with Thresh will be Urgot. Reason is this

Urgot - Swap

Thresh - Lantern the spot Urgot will be

Thresh - Grab and jump to the enemy

Thresh - Ulti thrown down

During all of that Urgot clicks lantern and is right back to thresh safe and sound ;)

This means the slow is applied if they break the wall even if not it should be a free kill

You have Urgot back taking no damage because of the Lantern and you have a very good Initiate on the enemy because you should be able to burn down the champion Urgot swapped.

leaves you in a 5v4 and thresh can still knock them back to give a bit of time due to being a tanky support. or if a squishy gets to close he can knock them inward to him and apply exhaust so many possibilities with all of his cc for a fight :) 

Now this is if things go perfect but normally you get a kill after urgot swap and urgot takes a bit of damage but this should help keep him alive longer.

Just my thoughts on Thresh :) perfect team with Urgot I think so.

Thresh has a lot of CC so he is able to help the team disengage or he can trap out a straggler and initiate a good team fight 

I don't think his grab is as good as blitz's in the aspect of pulling them to you but it does slow the enemy down and you can jump to them and knock them back so it leaves a lot for you to do in my opinion.

What are your thoughts on Thresh?

But what if ur urgot sux, then you just pulled off some crazy ish purely for the sake of entertainment.  Jk, this is a solid plan. I really like the gank assist technique from the spotlight. Being able to sneak people in from that distance is awesome; "I just checked the bush we are fine," suddenly a wild pantheon appears, spear to the face, gg wp.

I just keep th inking of lee sin ganks with him. Get pulled up to thresh from off screen then safeguard to your carry or a minion all in a fraction of a second... scary

A bot lane was doing this with WW in a game I played last night.  Pull from tri bush (purple side) and insta-gank.  When people get good with the timing I can see it being a really scary tactic.