Sign in to follow this  
Hiei

Beta patch #12

Terran

Reaper
Health increased from 50 to 60.

Protoss

Void Ray
Supply cost increased from 3 to 4.Activating the Prismatic Alignment ability now causes a timer to display over the Void Ray for the duration of the effect.

Zerg

Hatchery
The Evolve Burrow upgrade requirement has been moved to the Hatchery.

My thoughts:

The reaper change is ok. I haven't played to much HoTS sense the last patch, but from what I under stnad, reapers are relatively useless again, and are basically just scouts.

Voidray change is ok. I don't really know how big a deal going from 3 to 4 is.

This is the big one. I'm pretty sure that getting a raven out is going to be a must at this point. It feels like Blizzard does this with a lot, where players aren't utilizing something, so they just buff it to ridiculous quality so people start using it. Burrowed banes SHOULD be a more regular thing now. I've never understood why Zergs didn't use it before.

Reapers are useful to hold map control early on.  From playing a few games recently, many Terrans seem to be doing 2 rax builds and making 3-4 reapers which hit before the MsC has enough energy for the Nexus cannon ability so it kind of forces P to keep their zealot and stalker at home to defend until that energy builds up or a second stalker comes out (we can't send the zealot because they are easily micro'd against).  I think this allows Terran to have more versatility in the early game because P can't really scout and poke towers or the Terran natural to get scouting information as early. 

I don't like the timer on the void ray, it just seems as silly as them showing the number of workers for each base.  Everything else looks good though

Dunno how I feel about any of these changes! Reapers with 60 hp seem better, but I still feel like they don't have much use in any of the matchups besides TvT. But I could be wrong!