Sign in to follow this  
Voison

Do you feel that GW2 is losing the hype it once had?

So I use A TON of forums, and it seems like a good majority of people are either dropping out or getting bored and looking at new games.

With the release of WoW MoP, PS2 (planetside), and other games do you think the game is starting to dip in numbers?

Do you think when Arenanet releases more content more people will come back?

Personally I'm very bored of GW2. Don't get me wrong, I still play it everyday. I normally only get on to do my daily/monthly then do my WvW wait with Team Legacy. After that, I just log off and play LoL or something because I have nothing else to do.

Bad aspect of F2P games; content is not as crucial in the developer's eyes.

Well GW2 has released some pretty big events every month, have one planned for December too.

But after the events end, it seems like a ghost town.

A part of me misses WoW for the PvE raids, but then I look at GW2 PvP and love it if more people played it.

Edited by Voison

It was a huge thing to me months ago but seriously the events will keep me coming back. With the release of Planetside 2 which has me occupied at the moment It really isn't enough time in the day to play Gw2. And what the hell does WoW has that Gw2 doesn't ? what raid parties ? dedicated players ? I just don't get how people can go back to WoW after playing Gw2.

It was a huge thing to me months ago but seriously the events will keep me coming back. With the release of Planetside 2 which has me occupied at the moment It really isn't enough time in the day to play Gw2. And what the hell does WoW has that Gw2 doesn't ? what raid parties ? dedicated players ? I just don't get how people can go back to WoW after playing Gw2.

Its the content for me.. I'm not going back to WoW, I just miss big raids etc. GW2 is fun, but I just feel right now there isn't enough content to keep me busy, unless I WvW but that is only for like 3-6 hours a day. :(

With the WoW "lfg" system they implemented into raids, I remember it being basically just a random group of people doing raid content anyways. No different than WvW, or large Dynamic Events. A large group of random people trying to get X item (loot, karma, gold, whatever).

I think GW2 has a lot MORE content than WoW does, to be honest. It's just a different kind of content. It's free roaming content, instead of "this is the raid to do this expansion".

I think the slow development of sPvP into a measurably competitive thing has caused a lot of folks to put GW2 on hold - but I think a lot of those folks will return when we see those features implemented.

I also think the server transfers and match-ups for WvWvW are driving some folks away; I know on Sorrow's it's been over a month since a match without one server maintaining 600+ points 24/7.

All that being said; we're still looking at 3~ months live on this game compared to 7+ years on something like WoW (which sure didn't release with an arena system).