InfestedOne

Zerg Coaching! Whoop whoop!

Hello all! Now that I have been in Masters for 2 seasons and managed to steadily hold onto mid masters, I have decided to start coaching! I would like to charge 10$ an hour for it. For questions or more information, contact me @ Skype - dylan.warren95 @ Starcraft 2 - "dylan_warren@hotmail.com" for real id, and vVvInfested.266 for regular.

~glhf

Honestly, the community needs people to start doing things just for the sake of the community. Everyone is into money and that is one of reasons why the community is not as tight as it could be. While I understand the need for money; I am more in opinion, that if everyone charges money for passing down the knowledge, who in the end will raise the next generation of the players?

Edited by vVv BabyToss

People generally charge as a way to limit demand. If you have more requests than you have open slots then you kind of have to charge using an open coaching model.

The alternative would be to join a team like Aspire and mentor a team or specific player for free, as then you don't have so many demands on your time.

BabyToss can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the role of coach is also allowed to play in leagues/practices/etc.

Yup, coaches are allowed to play in the leagues/practices (practices are actually required), etc. We amended that, simply because a lot of people with higher skills are usually competitive and interested in competing in teamleagues, as well as gaining solid practice partners; and because they put in the work of both practicing to remain in the gaming shape; as well as they dedicate their time on the team mentoring their students, they should get something out of it as well. Being a coach on the Aspire is a position of responsibility, gives an opportunity to shape the team and represent us in the teamleagues as well.