Sign in to follow this  
HypErKiZ

HypErKiTTy ( aka KiZoGe ) Re application! Q(^.^Q)

• Name: Michael David Lewis
  • Age (minimum 16): 20, 21 in 9 days!
  • What is your in game name (ie vVvRoar.873): HypErKiTTy
  • How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom? I have been in vVv for quite a while...back in the day vVvNgry referred me :P
  • Who do you know currently in vVv Gaming? How do you know them? I basically know the majority of vVv's Sc2 community and maybe all the staff. I know them by just being active in shoutbox and mumble :)
  • Why are you interested in joining vVv Gaming? Iv had my v's before and im eager to get them back but as a Coach for the new Aspire #2 team!
  • Adding value is the most important aspect of being in vVv Gaming. From the following list, you must choose one method of adding value. We will evaluate your application based on how you tell us you're going to add value.
    • Coaching: I have never "officially" coached before but I have helped players from Clan INF in starcraft 2. I have been coached before and it gives me a broader insight to the job. Also back in my WC3 days I was a member of TNK in Reign of Chaos and was a valued admin and coach/player for the team back in the day. I still am in contact with the owner of the team and can set up communication with him is needed.
    • Socialite (vVv Forum Commando or loveable troll): With me losing internet for 7+ months I have not been as active as I wish. Though ever sense being back online I have not left the shoutbox. I will always be there, even when sleeping. I use to and am always on mumble and getting back into the groove of lurking the forums as I use to back in the day :) just a minor set back!
    • Social Media Expert (Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, YouTube): Oh god don't get me started. Always on Facebook but as of late I am into this whole twitter crazy. following over 1k people in the eSports scene and over 250 followers and growing each day :P always on always getting info and always posting :P
    • Streamers: I am a streamer, though not to popular with followers, but my viewer count is insane in comparison. I use to Stream for vVv as well in the WNS :)
    • http://www.twitch.tv/atlandsend
    • Video Producer: Im only adding this because I have some content of when I streamed some of vVv's games. Also I use to make ads for my stream showing vVv's Sponsors off. Im not sure If I will ever stream our games anymore but over time I would love to create more streaming ad overlays like I did before. As well as add vVv video content to my channel. Mainly as a hobby of some sort or just for fun on free time. http://www.youtube.com/user/vVvKiZoGe

• You must have and be able to use Mumble to join vVv Gaming. Are you able to log on and use mumble? Of Course :)
  • What games coming out are you looking forward to play and why? AC3 for PC...HoTs....thats it really :P
  • What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming? I play in a metalcore band called At Lands End. I just like making music :)
  • What race or races do you play? Zerg, Protoss
  • What current division are you in and how many points do you have? Diamond/Masters. Season just changed so no rank as of yet. I mostly play in daily online tournaments though rather then ladder. Beat any walks of leagues.
  • What kind of competitive tournament experience do you have? Go4SC2, CraftCup, Z33k, PLayhem. Most notible placement was 12th in the NAASL back when it was running.
  • Have you attended any national events (MLG, WCG, IPL)? Sadly everytime I plan to, I run into money issues. I do plan to go to atleast 1 or 2 MLGs in 2013
  • What was your best competitive moment? What was your worst? 12th in NAASL back when i was platinum beating masters throughout. My worst? umm I dont know, maybe when I played TT1 and forgot my 1st drone -.-
  • What do you hope to achieve, competitively? I hope to have players grow in the game from my coaching, ultimately I would want and love to see them do great in a major but, If i can coach and have players come out a better gamer then they came in as I will be so proud of them.
  • You are expected to add 3 Vs to your battle.net ID in front of your alias if accepted (ie vVvRoar) No name changes currently but if accepted I will more then likely buy another sc2 account even though I have 5 already split into 3 servers. So yes.

Edited by HypErKiTTy

Nice app. Best of luck to you!

Oh and i saw your app for the apsire team 2. We need a good player on there that can do pretty much anything like cast,coach, or play. You would be a great addition.

Good Luck Again!!!

@fluffy XD I hope so too, we will have fun and grow as a team at the same time!

Already writing down plenty of notes on stuff.

If any Zerg can that is applying to the Aspire #2 team send me some Replay packs of them losing to builds they have trouble with that would be great!

Hyperkitty135@verizon.net or PM me

Hey Kizoge, can you answer some questions for me?

1. Why did you lose internet for 7 months, and how was this issue resolved?

2. Can you post your full battle.net ID including character code?

3. Can you post some testimonials from players you have coached?

1. We lost internet in my house because I was out of a job and mother was not making the hours needed, so we had to catch up on bills. I currently work and pay for the internet myself now.

2. HypErKiTTy.817

3. I can try to get in contact with the INF members I helped out but this was before I lost net and many INF members and vVv players I played with back then no longer play the game and don't know how to get in touch with them. I can provide the owner of the Wc3 team I was on in a pm. Though like I said I never had any official coaching positions, I mostly only helped friends when they needed it. I DO know what it takes and can back it up if given the position. To answer your question I have no testimonials and this would be my first "Official" coaching experience but no one will be as prepared for the spot as I will be. I have so much drive coming back into the scene and 110% commitment to our players! I have more to offer as a coach then a player, and will be looking to improve myself in game by getting personally coached myself to insure I can provide our players the most I can during my time.

Edited by HypErKiTTy

1. Great to hear! Where are you working now and how long have you been there?

2. Thanks.

3. When we are talking about adding value, we typically want to see some experience with the area you're looking to add value first. That way, we can be sure you are actually interested in adding value that way and also it proves that you will add value the way you said you would if accepted. I recommend going out and doing some coaching with people to get some experience first.

1. I work at a diner cooking. Been there 2 and a half months.

3. Well i didnt mean "If accepted" in the way your prolly thinking. Of course im looking to do as much as I can even before being in. Also, whens the last time some no name ( like me ) gets given the opportunity to coach someone without the someone in question just going to someone with a bigger name to coach them. I been playing RTS games since a very young age..I been in the scene of Wc for half my life, iv been coached, iv improved players in the team I was on in the day I don't know if that fits into your perspective of "Coaching" or not. No one in this business is automatically titled what they are, everyone had a start somewhere. I don't need to sit here and try and prove myself on a forums when I have said I have no official coaching positions. The only way I can prove myself is by given the opportunity by somewhere and hit the ground running. Iv done my home work, Iv got the mind set and all the time in the world to give to players under my wing. I cant say giving me this spot wont be a gamble because of my lack or prior experience but what I can say with 100% of my word that with given the opportunity to coach these players they will grow individually and as a team in starcraft 2 and have a fun time doing it. I wouldnt be applying to such a needy position on such a successful team like vVv if I didn't know what I am doing and am not prepared to do so.

Ok talking in mumble, I got some advise and im going to take it. I will be coaching people that I can find and will post testimonials as I go. But I don't feel my app should be changed to anything else other then a coach. I don't want to focus on playing. I want to put all my focus into coaching.

Hey Kizoge,

I'm hearing from people that you were being a negative influence on mumble with regards to our application process in front of other applicants. We give everyone the opportunity to give us feedback on the application process and have worked hard to make it the best experience possible, however, doing so in a public setting with no constructive goal in mind is not acceptable. I think that vVv is probably not the place for you, and wish you luck on your future endeavors in eSports! I'll be on mumble later this evening if you want to discuss this decision.