Sign in to follow this  
vVv Paradise

Announcing the King of the Summoner’s Hill VII: Fall Championship!

gallery_5702_612_51042.png

While the Riot Season 2 Championship has just finished wrapping up, action is just about to get started in the seventh edition of vVv Gaming's 1v1 tournament, King of the Summoner's Hill! This tournament will be run a little bit differently than previous editions of the event. Read on for more details!

Date:

October 27th, Starting at 2pm EST (Sign in begins at 1pm EST)

Signups start:

October 20th, 2012

• Tournament size: 32 Summoners.

• Sign ups will continue until the day of the event. Priority will be given to the first 32 players to sign up. Anyone who signs up after the first 32 players will reserve a spot in the event if a player does not show.

• Tournament participants will be required to sign in for the tournament an hour prior to the event beginning.

• Anyone who has not shown up in the "KOTSH" chat channel by 1:30pm EST will be removed from the tournament. This will prevent early round byes and keep the tournament as fair as possible.

Prizes:

1st Place - SteelSeries Kana Gaming Mouse (Donated by SteelSeries) and limited edition Tryndamere and Ryze statues from the Season 2 Championship!

2nd Place – SteelSeries Gaming Surface! (Donated by SteelSeries)

3rd Place - Out of print Riot Nasus Skin!

Rules:

• The tournament will be played on the Summoner's Rift map

• The game will be made in a custom game with Blind Pick format, the players will then ban 3 champions each in a 1-1-1-1-1-1 format, with the higher seed banning first. If it is not clear who the higher seed is, the person on the right will ban first.

• The opening round is a best of 1 series, the tournament rounds are a best of 3 series.

• The tournament consists of middle lane and jungle only. No player is allowed to farm any minions or damage any towers from any other lane.

• Winner is determined by the first player to kill the other THREE times or to take their opponent's SECOND mid-lane tower.

• The summoner spells Teleport and Revive are banned during this event.

Seeding will be determined by random drawing for this tournament.

1) Each round will begin upon the command of the tournament director. Do not proceed to your next matchup until instructed to. This is to keep things running smoother and to open the opportunity to cast each game.

2) If a player is cheating, take a screen shot and prepare to present your case to a tournament administrator.

3) In between each round there will be a small delay of up to 10 minutes. The reason for this delay is make sure the tournament can proceed without complications. If there is a complication, it will be handled after the match it was presented in.

4) You have exactly 20 minutes to sign into the tournament. If you are not present after 20 minutes, you are automatically disqualified. If someone does not appear for the matchup in 20 minutes, please sign yourself as a victory and proceed to the next round. This only applies to the first round.

Communication with the competitors and other Admins:

In order to better facilitate the tournament, all competitors and in-game administrators/casters will be required to join the KOTSH chat channel inside the pvp.net client. This is done by clicking the chat button located at the bottom right-hand side of your pvp.net client (the one in the middle of the three there) and clicking on “Join/Create chat room,” and entering “KOTSH” without the quotation marks. This will make it easier to not only communicate with administrators inside the game, but also to help with finding your opponent more quickly.

Handling Disconnection Issues:

In the event that a Summoner has been disconnected from a match, the game may be remade only if these conditions apply:

• The summoner disconnected before the game timer has reached 3 Minutes, AND

• There has NOT been a First Blood, AND

• A tower in either summoner’s middle lane has not fallen.

In the event that a game has to be remade, the bans and picks WILL STAY THE SAME AS IF THE GAME NEVER HAD TO BE REMADE!

If a Summoner has disconnected from the game and these conditions have not been met, the summoner must re-connect as swiftly as he or she possibly can. PLAY WILL CONTINUE.

Is this a First Blood/First Tower Tourney? I had trouble finding the win condition.

Winner is determined by the first player to kill the other THREE times or to take their opponent's SECOND mid-lane tower.

Btw the lanes don't push evenly. So if the game last to long someone might get tower gold advantage first before the other. I played a long 1v1 on summoners rift and lost because both lanes were getting pushed hard for some random reason. This was like a month or two ago so i dont know if riot fixed their lanes.

Going to sign up, crossing my fingers I can get out work early. normal saturdays i get out at 2pm....

I don't see the tourney lasting past 9pm so i dont know why the early start but should be a good turnout either way.

Btw the lanes don't push evenly. So if the game last to long someone might get tower gold advantage first before the other. I played a long 1v1 on summoners rift and lost because both lanes were getting pushed hard for some random reason. This was like a month or two ago so i dont know if riot fixed their lanes.

In prior KotSH tournaments it wasn't a huge factor. Normally a top turret and a bot lane turret on both sides died around the same time. But... by the time that happened gold wasn't really a concern.

How are you going to decide which match(es) are streamed?

Interesting matchups, players that are doing well in the event, storylines, etc. They will be picked as the tournament is ongoing.

Thanks for the support, Enmity! Can't wait to see what everyone brings to the event!

In the mean time, everyone should be practicing by playing in the GameBattles 1v1 event here: http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/pc/league-of-legends/ladder/1v1-proving-grounds/standings

In prior KotSH tournaments it wasn't a huge factor. Normally a top turret and a bot lane turret on both sides died around the same time. But... by the time that happened gold wasn't really a concern.

Interesting matchups, players that are doing well in the event, storylines, etc. They will be picked as the tournament is ongoing.

Makes sense. Oh, FYI, 7 days marks my 2 years since meeting you guys. <3

Which means, hint hint, I should be streamed ;)

I've been streamed twice, but I don't think I'm an interesting matchup, a good player, or an interesting storyline... (/notlying).

All in all, I'm still game! Hell, if I can actually kill someone or get a turret down for once I'll be extremely pleased with myself.

I have to work until 2:18 that day! ;_; however I would love to try out my casting skills.....Para are you in need of a co-caster for the streams perhaps? :) I may not be able to make the first game but I will surely be there for the rest! Anyways good luck to whoever is in the tourny and I will be rooting all of you on equally!