RazorHedge

Matthew 'Razor' Fernandez Community Application - Starcraft 2.

• Name: Matias Fernandez (Translates to Matthew Fernandez )
  • Age (minimum 16): 23
  • What is your in game name (ie vVvRoar.873): EliteRazor.831 (SC2), EIiteRazor (BF3, the L is a capital i), RazorHedge (PSN)

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2770181/1/EliteRazor/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/EIiteRazor/stats/357445587/

• How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom? I used to know vVvRantech, not that much, but he was really good and I always thought how much I would love to ve part of that.

• Who do you know currently in vVv Gaming? How do you know them? Currently, vVvAstro, I met him while he was admining a tournament in playhem, and he seemed extremely nice, so I asked him how could I apply and he directed me here, though I was looking for a Starcraft 2 Sponsorship at first, I realize I am extremely far from the level I should have to actually do it.

• Why are you interested in joining vVv Gaming? Not only I wish to develop further as a player, and reach the competitive scene, but I also wish to do so by being part of a team/community that understands players, and helps them grow not only game-wise, but as a whole. I believe vVv Gaming to be the perfect example of this. Additionally, I will be moving to the States next year, so I want to be able to attend MLG and other US events.

• Adding value is the most important aspect of being in vVv Gaming. From the following list, you must choose one method of adding value. We will evaluate your application based on how you tell us you're going to add value.
    • Coaching: I have a fairly good understanding of the game, though I lack practice, I can coach people in both English and Spanish, I have been doing that lately on my stream. The transmissions will be in Spanish, though. I used to be a caster, but I didn't want to go down that path, I chose to be a player.
    • Donator ($15 per month): I would have no problem donating, if I can help, I believe all the things I will get back from the comminity will be much more worth it. I also have a GomTV.net Premium+ Subscription which I have no problem in sharing with the community.
    • Game Guru (Subject Matter Expert): Normally, when I play a Game, whichever it is, I study it to fully comprehend it and understand every situational picture. I can provide help with all the games I have background in (Battlefield, Starcraft II, Quake) Though I can't really post forum links since the forums I used to write in were deleted/updated. You can contact the staff of sc2la.com or the people at EliteGaming and have them provide my experience both as a game analyzer and as a caster.
    • Staff (Business Development, Sales, Team Manager, Tournament Organizer, etc): I have a Semi-Sponsorship deal with a Korean Company (Qsenn), which can provide Gaming Gear at a really low price, I can forward the e-mails that led me to this to any staff member who wants them. Also, I work at Sony right now, so I can get some insider PS3 info.
    • Streamers: twitch.tv/razorhedge I have around 30 followers, and average 20 viewers per transmission. Though since Xsplit has problems with my 7970 I haven't been able to stream that much.

• Are you familiar with vVv's Geek to Me articles and The Losers Bracket podcast? Sadly, I am just getting acquainted with these, they seem awfully interesting, so I will be following these.
  • You must have and be able to use Mumble to join vVv Gaming. Are you able to log on and use mumble? Installing it right now.
  • What games coming out are you looking forward to play and why? Mostly HotS, but there are also several PS3 titles I'm interested in. The ones coming out on 2012 are Assasin's Creed 3 and LittleBigPlanet Karting.

• What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming? I go to the gym a lot, used to play Roller Hockey at semi-pro level, then switched to table tennis, which I had to abandon due to a knee injury.
  • What race or races do you play? At Platinum Level, all 3. At Diamond level, Terran.
  • What current division are you in and how many points do you have? Platinum, Top 1, 305 pts. Diablo 3 got me pretty bad, but I don't play anymore,
  • What kind of competitive tournament experience do you have? I qualified for the Bracket Finals on WCG 2011 Chile. I play most of the time on Playhem and Z33k, won a couple Gold/Plat Tournaments. Also played several LAN tournaments here in Chile. Never got past RO8 though.
  • http://www.z33k.com/users/15373 //
  • Have you attended any national events (MLG, WCG, IPL)? No, but as soon as I move to the States I will be.
  • What was your best competitive moment? What was your worst? My best competitive moment was when I was scouted by team EliteGaming after reaching RO16 on WCG Chile 2011. They offered me a spot in their B roster. (Diamond League)
    I would have to say my worst moment is right now, actually. I had several personal problems that kept me away from Gaming for a while, but now I'm back with full force, and really motivated to achieve a professional career in eSports.
  • What do you hope to achieve, competitively? Professional Level, getting a new sponsorship, and making the community that brought me up proud and well-known. I want to challenge the world, and bring my best.
  • You are expected to add 3 Vs to your battle.net ID in front of your alias if accepted (ie vVvRoar)
    I currently do not have a name change, so if I am accepted I will buy a new account for this. vVvRazor sounds way too cool to miss out on it.
  • Attached you will find a picture of the sponsor package sent by Qsenn.

Cheers, I'm really looking forward to be a part of this. <3

-Razor.

P.S: Sorry about this being super long and for not choosing just one method of value adding.

post-23425-0-36271200-1348618616_thumb.j

Hey Matias,

Thanks for your interest in vVv Gaming! It looks like you have a lot going on in the ways to add value part. If you had to choose just one of those methods which one would you pick and why?

Be sure to join our "vVv" channel on battle.net as well!

I believe where I can bring the most is as a Game Guru/Streamer, because I have deep knowledge of a lot of games and can help out the different teams from varied games to train or analyze games.

I could also do a lot as a staff member, due to business contacts, but I believe that matter may interfere with my training for competitive play.

I would love to help in all ways possible though. And keep pro-gaming as my top priority.

Also, twitter and facebook can be found on my profile. <3

I want to bring my best, grow up not only as a player but as a person too, I want to help everyone in everyway I can and also help the community grow.

I want to be part of a group of people who share the same interests and my love for gaming.

I want to carry on with the heritage of vVv as a gaming community and honor it.

I want to be that person that people go to ask for advice, whichever matter it may be.

I want to offer everything I have learned over my gaming years to the community.

I want to provide the staff with helpful business contacts and information so we can stay on top of things all of the time.

I want to add value not only choosing a single option, but in every possible way than I can.

I want to do everything in my power to improve, and grow alongside my friends and the community.

These are but a few of the things I WILL do as part of this community, in my opinion vVv is by far the best place for me.

I also want to be part of vVv's Sponsored Roster someday, fulfill my dream of a pro-gaming career, and travel around the world letting people know how proud I am of the community that brought me up.

Edited by RazorHedge

Does this mean I'm in? If it is, it's awesome!

Please confirm so I can buy the SC2 account, rest I'ma start right away! .

P.S: Could you please direct me to where I can find the official logos and overlays for the stream? EDIT: (Never Mind Found 'em)

Edited by RazorHedge

Just an update! Because I feel I've left out a bit on this post.

I've been doing some training with WaKai lately, and he's helped me out a lot! I also finished setting up the stream, so it's now beautifully adorned with vVv's logo.

One of the other things I was thinking of, most people in vVv at this time are from USA/NA, but there seems to be no one that speaks spanish or something related, so since I added the logos to the stream I'm going to start doing free coaching (as I always have) to get the vVv name even more out there! Ever since I started streaming with that people have been asking a lot about the team.

So, if there's anything I may have missed, or another way to keep helping and getting the name out there let me know!

Edited by RazorHedge

Hey man, good luck on your app and I would love to get to know you. My schedule is crazy because I'm in school, but I'm here as much as I can without it interfering with my real life issues haha. Add me on Bnet. vVvFearful.330

Hey man, good luck on your app and I would love to get to know you. My schedule is crazy because I'm in school, but I'm here as much as I can without it interfering with my real life issues haha. Add me on Bnet. vVvFearful.330

I just added you, PM me you're on so we can talk and practice! :D

hey matey, gl on the app! seems like youre doing well so far.

Thanks so much! I am craving for those V's haha! Hopefully when Rob replies to my e-mail I can get much more things in motion!

Congrats on the 3rd place finishes! What kinds of things did you learn from these tournaments?

Also, tell me a bit about how you've been adding value so far.

So far I believe I haven't been able to do much since I don't carry the name of vVv Yet. But among the things I've done are:

I've been consistently streaming with an average of 10 viewers per transmission. In my stream you can find the vVv Gaming Overlays and everything. So I've been getting the team name out there through coaching. (Streaming/Coaching)

I've been posting around in several discussions of the commmunity trying to bring a good input to help them out, I'm sure you may have noticed that.

I sent $40 to WaKai so he could upgrade his stream, it now looks awesome and I've been consistently training with him so I can up my level and represent vVv in competitions here in South America while I can. Alongside with that I've lent my GomTV premium subscription acc to several members so they can watch it :D.

I'm getting the money together to put up a $115 donation for the Fall Drive, I want that shirt so bad lol! I'll be donating around the 15th.

I sent an e-mail to doomhammer to ask him if I could help look for sponsors, we're working on this atm.

I've been around in the SC2 chat getting to know the people and helping them out in any ways I can.

Finally, I've been seriously thinking about applying to captain the second aspire team. I need to put my mind together in deciding if I can do it properly, if I do, then I'll deffinitely apply.

And as you were asking, what I've learned from the tournaments, is the real difference between a competitive player and just a player, and the importance of players participating in tournaments to get the team name out there.

Also, the fact that vVv has some of the most amazing coaches I've seen, that BabyToss is an amazing captain, and that I can't wait to be able to add the V's to my name.

If you need me to do anything else know I'm willing to! :D Anything to belong to this amazing community.

Nope, just wanted to get a feel for what you were doing! I know that a lot of things go on behind the scenes, so I wanted to make sure you were staying active :)

Haha thanks! :D I'm trying my best.

hey i wanted to thank razor on his application so anyone viewing him for whatever will see he has been helping me with my gameplay and casting and is an amazing coach. he has spent alot of time helping me that he couldve been practicing and im very slow when it comes to somethings so i was most likely a pain in his butt. but anyways thx razor ur awesome good luck on anything u aim to do :)