Sign in to follow this  
Muhdewsa

The SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] Review

gallery_5702_653_39783.png

SteelSeries is a company dedicated to making the most unparalleled competitive gaming gear for hardcore gamers. They are a company that responds to the opinions and demands of gamers by listening to their needs and implementing those things into every product they manufacture. The SteelSeries Sensei mouse is easily regarded as one of the best mice that you can purchase by a multitude of pro gamers and casual gamers alike. Considering the Sensei [RAW] is an exact replica of the Sensei just without the insane amount of extra (and maybe a little unnecessary for the people who just want a great mouse) features, you're definitely getting an extreme bang for every single buck and cent you spend.

DSC01413.jpg

Everything that is included with the [RAW]

The SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] is based on the original SteelSeries Sensei and it's focusing on their "very best, no-nonsense features". One of the first things that immediately catches your attention when you first lay your eyes the [RAW] is that it's pretty hefty when compared to other mice. Even though it's a little intimidating at first, as soon as your hand is placed on it's smooth, rubberized surface (optional), it's true love at first touch. The shape of the [RAW] allows it to fit ideally into the palm of your hand; the top of the mouse where your palm rests is perfectly angled so it can be grasped easily by the whole hand. During the same time, the programmable buttons on the either side of the mouse just seem to find their way right underneath the thumb. Do your hands get sweaty while you play? Don't fret! With the rubberized surface, even when your palm and fingers start to persperate uncontrollably during a super intense game, the grip you have on the [RAW] never begins to falter. One of it's features is an ambidextrous design so you lefties will feel the exact same amount of comfort with button accessibility! Thankfully this means that the [RAW] doesn't have that very unappealing wave design.

this-2.jpg

The side view of perfection!

As soon as the USB cord is plugged into the computer, the mouse is immediately ready for use as soon as the white lights in the SteelSeries logo and mouse wheel begin to pulsate. The SteelSeries [RAW] glides without a sound across your mousepad instead of making those gross scratching and sliding noises that those other mice make. It also works equally as well on a desk, cause I mean, who needs a mouse pad anyways? Downloading the SteelSeries Engine from their website (www.steelseries.com/support/downloads) is necessary to be able to customize the profile for your new [RAW], but it can always be used with the default settings that it automatically starts with. The Engine is also needed if you plan on using the mouse with a customized profile on any other computer. This shouldn't be worrisome if you are not booking a flight and hotel any time soon (or making your sponsor do it!) to go compete in a tournament... or just bringing all of your gadgets everywhere you go. The Engine already comes with 3 profiles to choose from so you can decide which one suits your needs best while not needing to touch a single thing! Now, going back to it's "no-nonsense features"; the [RAW] did away with the LCD menu system and screen along with the 16.8 million different colors you could pick from for your SteelSeries logo. There isn't an overwhelming amount of things to think about now that all of that is gone! All that you could do, if anything, is change your mouse sensitivity and how often and bright the white light that shines through the SteelSeries logo and mouse wheel is. There's even an option you can push on the Engine that automatically changes the button placements if you're left-handed. Pretty simple, right? You better be agreeing with me because this mouse is definitely a "plug it in and go" type of device!

this-1.jpg

It's essential for those PC games you're addicted to!

The technology of the SteelSeries Sensei RAW is almost exactly the same as it's father, the original Sensei. You still have your pro grade laser sensor, 7 programmable buttons, and the same Frames Per Second as well as Counts Per Inch, so there isn't much that you're missing out on. As mentioned before, the LCD menu system as well as the 32 bit ARM processor (which allows you to double your sensitivity to 11,400 DCPI... DANG!) are not included. Some may say, "Well, I want those things too!", but these features aren't necessary unless you're going to tournaments and competing for a few thousand dollars... or maybe a few hundred thousand.

this.jpg

The [RAW] helping me get my game face on!

All-in-all, the SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] is a great mouse for any gamer that doesn't want to pay extra money for customization features that they're not going to use. If any of you gamers are like me, someone who doesn't want to be overwhelmed with options while still owning a fabulous piece of gaming equipment, you've found the perfect product. There are virtually no cons to this product; the RAW never fails to keep impressing with its flawless performance. SteelSeries has unmistakably accomplished their goal of making an incredible piece of technology that is extremely reliable and easy to install while simultaneously making it extraordinarily affordable.

I have the SS Xai right now, but I haven been looking for a new mouse over the last couple of weeks. I am a little more likely to buy this mouse now! I love the RAW version because it is still a great mouse, and it is cheaper :D Great review Medusa!

I got to play with (i believe) the Sensei at MLG Raleigh. It was like playing with the mouse of the Gods. I love SteelSeries products.

On Monday, my new SteelSeries Kana is scheduled to arrive. I r excite.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Please enter your display name