I wanted to update the community on what can only be described as a historical event. It was amazing! Let’s get right to it.

Fighting Games

The interviews with CDjr, Reo, Romance and RTD tell their story better than I could. Please check out our YouTube Channel for their interviews. Keep in mind that CEO in Orlando and EVO in Vegas is upcoming, and our players will be practicing hard for the next events. They all represent vVv, their games and themselves like true professionals. I can promise you that fighting games are here to stay.

League of Legends

This is one of the most important games in the history of eSports. You should play this game. It’s free. Trust me. Learn this game. We have an AMAZING LoL community. In fact, vVv Ockiral was so impressive that he is now our new LoL manager.

Our team learned a lot. From horrible issues with the Astro Mixamps game one (that first loss was not our teams fault) to learning how each played under pressure, this is what attending your first major LAN is all about. SteelSeries was very supportive in helping our team ensure their equipment worked, despite the issues with Astros. They will be replacing TriDream, and are looking forward to the LANcouver event in Vancouver.

Did I mention you should play LoL? Seriously.

Starcraft 2

I do not need to say much, as you all know this is the biggest game in town. We will focus on developing players. We will end WNS and focus on developing and promoting both Glon and Ruff. All players could have performed better!

Guild Wars 2

Every MMO fan will be playing this. Get it. You have been warned. Pre-order now!

And now, something for the casual members!

The Secret World

This is for those seeking CASUAL Fun. Like MMOs? Want something filled with puzzles, riddles and a blend of Alternate reality Game (ARG). This is worth looking into.

DayZ, ARMA2 Zombie Mod

Google these videoes! Seriously. Average life expectancy is 30 minutes. You can thank me later.

Looking Forward

It is clear now that our role in identifying and developing talent is even more important than ever before. We used this event to create more content to better promote our players. We also are going to make a few changes and all for the good, and all motivated by good things we learned. I will share with you some changes.

• We will be focusing on our talent factory, and launching development programs in SC2 and LoL
  • Players in these programs will receive customized scorecards to benchmark their performance
  • We also will develop eSports professional staff via intern program
  • In order to be on vVv Staff (not intern), you must have attended a major LAN event or have professional promotional experience (street team or trade show).
  • We have media and player checklists for events to ensure that everyone comes prepared
  • We will no longer have staff dinners or meet and greet dinners to ensure we are all at the event during key matches. Drinking in my suite after all our players are done for the day is still encouraged for those over 21. >:D
  • We are going to focus on promoting certain players and their brands
  • We are going to end WNS, as we will allocate those funds elsewhere
  • For future events, Doom and I will be arriving on Friday, getting right to work, and leaving Sunday (for Raleigh and beyond). Staff should expect to do the same.
  • Halo 4 and Gears: Judgment are both worth looking into. If Halo 4 gets a spectator mode, it has the highest potential of all games to come back to the circuit. The New GoW has a great new mode called Overrun that has a cool class system. Please reach out to vVv Radiation who went to E3 and has hands on experience with both games. I also want to thank Alex (vVv Radiation) for giving us a ride to LAX on our way home! Thank you!

Staff Changes

I want to thank NoControl, Medusa and Plattypus for their service. All of them did great work on staff.

As I mentioned earlier, vVv Ockiral will take over the LoL Division (so no need for Plattypus or NoCOntrol). We just don’t need a D3 manager anymore nor do we need an event coordinator as we are not doing staff dinners or any meet and greets. Although Medusa did great work, we just don’t have a need for anyone in either role.

Guest vVv Ambush

cant wait to see whats in store for the sc2 members! i have been trying to patiently wait for it :D

How in the fuck is Alex still in vVv lmfao.....gow division <

He's been representing us well at many events in his vVv shirt and is an active member on social media.

It was a really fun event for me because I finally got to meet so many vVv members in person and see again some familiar faces. It made me happy to be a part of this community because everyone has such great camaraderie. I became a bigger Fighting Games fan over the weekend. The vVv fighters are REALLY entertaining to watch.

As for the changes, I never question the mind of Jerry. vVv going in the right direction as always.

How in the fuck is Alex still in vVv lmfao.....gow division <

haha typical Matt.

Edited by vVv RADIATION

It's always good to be looking toward the future. It was great to see everyone, and even meet some new people, at Anaheim; unfortunatly I had to leave early (and only had about 5 hours by the time i got back to vegas to be ready to leave again!) but all in all, was a good event.

I play LoL, it's okay. I honestly think DOTA 2 has more steam and will be a bit cooler. Of course, DOTA 2 is harder to understand, but the audience at it's core is growing rapidly and it's stream numbers are pretty good. Other than that, looks to be a good year. IPL is announcing their fighting division within the next couple of months, and in the fall we'll see if Halo 4 is good enough to be back on the circuit!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Please enter your display name