Zhuu

Zhuu's Wizard Build/Guide (Inferno Tested)

I'm going to start off by saying that I play Inferno with a Monk and a Demon Hunter, so we do have someone tanking things, I don't get hit as often.

But, you must remember than in a group monsters are more difficult, so getting hit is less forgiving than it is on your own.

In my opinion playing Diablo 3 solo, is very slow and boring, so I play my game in a group. To this day, on Act 3, Part 5, I have yet to solo anything in Diablo 3.

Anyways here are the skills I am currently using: http://us.battle.net...XRSO!YXf!YYabZY

Note that my #4 skill is not one of the default #4 skills, you will need to put your skill selection in to Elective mode.

Also, I don't use 1234, I use QWER, as a former LoL player, this just felt more comfortable since I only have 4 skills.

Let's talk about why we use these skills.

1 - Diamond Skin (Crystal Shell) - Your "oh shit" skill as most call it, you'll be using this to survive those hits you can't block, or hits you may accidentally take. This will save your life many, many times.One major example is The Butcher's grab, when he grabs you with his chain, simply pop Diamond Skin and run away.

2 - Hydra (Venom Hydra) - While this is becoming debatable, Venom Hydra is an easy to use skill, and happens to do the most damage of all the Hydras, with Mammoth Hydra coming in second. You can also use this to pull mobs from afar, and score some free hits before they get to you.

- Here is a little secret, this may or may not be a bug, but here it is. - There is something known as "Hydra Healing," basically, with the "Life after Kill" stat on weapons and some amulets, you can heal yourself by recasting a Hydra spell while there is already a Hydra out. Apparently recasting Hydra counts as 3 kills, one kill for each head on the Hydra, you can be healed by large amounts, very quickly, if you have some gear with this stat, make use of this until it is fixed. xD

3 - Magic Weapon (Force Weapon) - This gives you a straight up damage boost, 15% boost as a matter of fact. It also adds a chance to knock back, which is in general always good to have. The other runes only grant a 10% boost I believe, Force Weapon is the most powerful, and I recommend using it.

4 - Energy Armor (Force Armor) - Already nerfed, Force Armor is my last skill. Yes Blizzard nerfed this skill in the first fix, it was reducing too much damage, causing a nerf. But, this is still a good skill, it still adds a ton of armor, which gets very useful in the later acts of Inferno.

Left Mouse - Magic Missile (Attunement) - Your filler skill when you are out of Arcane Power, most top tier Wizards opt to take the Seeker rune instead, Seeker will make your missile do more damage, but not by a lot it seems. A 20k missile might become a 23k missile with Seeker on. With a good attack speed, you can gain all of your Arcane Power back in a matter of seconds.

Right Mouse - Arcane Orb (Tap the Source) - Your bread and butter, your damage dealer. This is what you'll be using most of the time, spam this until you run out of Arcane Power, fill will some Magic Missiles and get back to spamming this. With Astral Presence you can get off 2 extra Orbs than normal, and I prefer more low damage Orbs over a couple high damage Orbs. Some top tier Wizards will opt for Celestial Orb, it will do more damage and go through mobs, great for soloing.

Glass Cannon - Another flat out 15% damage boost, this can be replaced with something else, but as I said I play in a group and get hit less often, so this is actually a must for me.

Astral Presence - Most top tier Wizards aren't actually using this, but I really love this Passive. It adds more base Arcane Power as well as adding some extra regen, I've used this for most of my journey through Diablo.

Galvanizing Ward - This is another one I don't see most top Wizards using, this can surely be replaced by Temporal Flux or Blur, but I just feel safe with this on. It gives you some great HP regen, and extends the time your armor lasts. The extension maybe not seem big, but think about it; with Ward on, you don't have to spend that extra Arcane Power in the middle of a boss fight that goes past 120 seconds, which all boss fights do. This gives you more time to DPS as well as added damage because you didn't have to spend Arcane Power on refreshing your shield.

On to Inferno; Inferno is incredibly difficult, as Blizzard intended it to be, as a Wizard, you have to play a game of keep away. Getting hit in Inferno will almost guarantee certain death.

What us Wizards, and most others, are finding out, is that you need Resist, and Vitality (more Vit than what we thought). You still want to get a lot of Int, about 1500 is what you want to aim for, and you still wanna get those pieces with attack speed.

Here are some pictures of my stats, well into Act 3 on Inferno: http://i.imgur.com/i6RE3.jpg

I'm doing pretty well for where I am, but I'm going to need some more HP if I want to make it through Act 4, and a hundred more resist too.

If anyone has any comments or questions, or why you feel this works or doesn't work. or what you use, feel free to post in here and let me know. GLHF!

Update: I am now using the Seeker rune on Arcane Missile, and I switched out Galvanizing Ward for Arcane Dynamo.

Edited by vVv Zhuu

Seems pretty solid for a group build. Personally I would change out Galvanizing Ward for (forgot name, at work) But its one of the last skills and each basic attack adds a stack, at 5 stacks you get a +75% damage boost to a spell.

Swap out, "cant be bothered to remember to refresh armor" for a +75% damage hydra? Think so! :)

Yes Corza

I didn't think about it until I was done, go ahead and enter it. xD

Seems pretty solid for a group build. Personally I would change out Galvanizing Ward for (forgot name, at work) But its one of the last skills and each basic attack adds a stack, at 5 stacks you get a +75% damage boost to a spell.

Swap out, "cant be bothered to remember to refresh armor" for a +75% damage hydra? Think so! :)

Arcane Dynamo, yea makes sense, I use Galvanizing Ward for the HP regen mostly

Edited by vVv Zhuu