vVv LordJerith

vVv Gaming Revises Application Process

As eSports and technology change, so must vVv Gaming adapt in order to stay ahead. Our first change is a reduction in the application time to 30 days. All applicants will be reviewed at the 30-day mark to see if they are a good fit for vVv Gaming. We can extend this if we feel it is needed, but we also want to do less babysitting, and we will also be more aggressive closing apps if they don't "get it" 30 days into the application process.

Most importantly, we decided that we needed a process that was more friendly and allowed applicants to tell us how THEY want to add value. Here are the methods that add value to vVv Gaming:

• Bloggers: Link us to your blogs so that we can evaluate if they are a good fit for vVv Gaming.
  • Casters: Link us to examples of your casting so that we can determine if your content is a good fit for vVv Gaming.
  • Donator ($15 per month): You like to game. Your time is precious, you want a community of skilled, social and intelligent gamers. You want to be a part of vVv Gaming, but real life does not make it easy for you to add value in other ways, so you donate.
  • Game Guru (Subject Matter Expert): You know everything about a game. It’s not that you think you know everything about the game, it’s that everyone in the game respects your opinion. To prove that you are well respected, please share links to the game related forums proving your expertise.
  • Graphic Artists: Link us to examples of your work so we can determine if the style and skill are a good fit for vVv Gaming.
  • Socialite (vVv Forum Commando or loveable troll): You live in the vVv shoutbox. You love meeting new people and your posts are not just quantity; they are quality. When people log onto the vVv Gaming forums, you are one of those people whom everyone expects to see, and you make them feel at home.
  • Social Media Expert (Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, YouTube): You live on Social Media and are addicted with getting the latest information and sharing it with others. You can live on a diet of tweets, retweets, likes, follows, upvotes and comments.
  • Staff (Business Development, Sales, Team Manager, Tournament Organizer, etc): You’re professional. You have a resume full of positions that demonstrates your experience in eSports, Gaming or Community Development.
  • Streamers: Link us to your stream so that we can determine if you are a good fit for vVv Gaming.
  • Writers/Editors: Link us to articles so that we can determine if the content is a good fit for vVv Gaming.
  • Video Producer: Link us to your YouTube channel and other videos you've created so that we can determine if your content is a good fit for vVv Gaming.

You should notice that we want proof of what you did BEFORE applying to vVv Gaming for all the BOLD items. The two underlined items show ways to add value that do not require any previous proof. Again, we will evaluate you based on how YOU tell us that you will add value to vVv Gaming.

We will ask all applicants and vVv members to do at least ONE thing well every month. Some may always do the same thing well, some may switch it up. The key is to constantly add value. Of course, if you want extra credit, do more than one of these at a high level, but always do at least one really well.

Our next Chop-chop date is June 15th. You have 30 days to add value well. Good Luck.

This is good. It's important for members to know that they are not exempt from this because they have already been accepted. Chop Chop!

I like the new format.. pretty well thought out if I may say so. Gives the opportunity to give value in an area more specific to what your niche is.

Guest vVv Ambush

This is a great way to show the community it looking for a lot more then just the gamers part of esports but the behind the scenes part as well great job! :)

Working for a Youtube gaming company is that *experience in eSports, Gaming or Community Development.* Or something along those lines?

I like this change a lot! Really helps the Value pilliar of vVv Gaming because you have to add value one way or another and can't just derp around all day. xD

I can't wait to see where these changes take us :D

Lemme give y'all some honest feedback.

I really do like this. Not only does it help streamline the application process, but it helps applicants with figuring out where they can fit into the vVv family, which is pretty damn important. The older application process may have seemed vague for some people wanting to contribute, and with detailed descriptions of these things to boot, it'll certainly help new apps and new people to the site overall.

The 30 day change is also very welcoming. I think the 2-month thing was a bit of a turn-off for many people, though if they were in it for the long run anyway it shouldn't have mattered. Nevertheless, the 30 days puts some pressure on them to show us what they can do, which is what we want anyway. New apps now know how they fit into the big puzzle and the time they have to show why they fit in the puzzle. Again, streamlining is good.

And hot damn did we need to stop babysitting. If people want to be in vVv, they need to show it! So this is the best way to do it.

Just as a suggestion, though, put an emphasis on mixing these categories and changing them, too. Make it clear that people who want to be in vVv are not limited to being part of one category or another. I know the OP does mention this a bit, but I'm talking on a larger scale - rather than someone being a blogger, but also happened to make a sig or two in their day, they can be both a blogger and a graphic artist. Essentially, show that there can be hybrids and that people can move from one category to another depending on how their interests or time investments change.

Also, make some clear paths for new apps to take. What I mean is, if someone feels like they are a "socialite", we should stress to them that they can add similar value by using social media more (since those are similar). Or that if they are a Game Guru, we should make it clear that blogging is a good route for them to take, etc.

And another minor thing, but what's the biggest distinction between Writer and Blogger? I assume writer is someone who primarily does vVv articles and Geek2Me stuff, correct? And blogging is just blogging? They seem to overlap a bit, at least to me.

My $0.02.

I've always wanted to see this strict and organized approach towards applications. 60 was too long, allowed the applicant to dick around and manifest bad value habits.

This is a clear improvement, imo.

Ahh, how come I haven't posted here yet. Think it's because I just commented on it on Shotbox, to Jerry directly.

Either way, it's really good for people to know the direction rather not. Nobody likes to be left in the dark, and this gives the application process a lot of transparency as well as the members, to know how they wish to contribute. So, I'm really looking forward to this and it's well done thought out idea. :)

So the Video Producers would be a staff application?

Not necessarily, you can be a producer and upload videos to our YouTube if they're quality enough.

I am constantly supporting vVv thru twitter,Facebook,YouTube as well as Team Evolution supports vVv thru there videos. Ima social media freak. :D

This is the best thing to ever happen to vVv-Gaming really now people cant complain about the 2-3month process for apps now if you don't add value your going to get chopped really its amazing

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Please enter your display name