InfestedOne

InfestedOne's Application

Name - Dylan Graham Warren

Age - 16 (17 July 29th

In game name - InfestedOne.687 (Battle.net Profile - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/989277/1/InfestedOne/ )

Twitter -

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/dwarren95

Social Networking - I use Facebook EVERY day. I rarely use Twitter and don't use Digg or Google+.

Hearing about vVv - How DIDN'T I hear about vVv is more like the question. With players like "vVvRuff" and "vVvTitan" doing well, it's hard not to. I also saw two episodes on HuskyStarcraft's Youtube Channel ( http://www.youtube.com/huskystarcraft ) awhile back about vVvSpectral, the disabled Starcraft 2 player. Personally, I think it's amazing that he is able to play in Master's League despite his paralysis. As a referral, I was referred to vVv by Malcom Heath aka "vVvShaft".

Who I know - I know "vVvShaft." I've played many practice games with this guy.

Why I'm interested - I'm interested because you guys have AMAZING players and I want to be apart of that.

Value - Personally, I would add value to vVv by doing coaching for lower level players, whether they are apart of vVv or not, free of charge. I would also like to cast games live with other casters, but my internet is to slow to actually stream.

Familiarity - To be honest, I am not familiar with them.

How long I've been playing - Gaming has been a passion of mine since I was 5 or so.

Hours - I devote the maximum I can. About 20 hours a week MINIMUM!

Division and Points - Diamond (Ultralisk Tau) and 279 points.

Gamer - Competitive on ladder with NO BM, and casual gamer with friends. (Friendly competition)

Up and coming games - I'm looking forward to Diablo 3 as well as Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm

Hobbies - Outside of gaming, I love to read. I also spend as much time with my girlfriend as possible. (Hard to do with a passion like gaming) I also have a part time job milking cows on a farm. (Southeast Missouri is nothing BUT farms. Other than that, I attend high school like any other teenager.

Next year - Next year at this time, I will be graduating high school and if I can become really good at Starcraft, then I hope to become a pro gamer. Other than that, I haven't thought it out that much.

Please take my application into serious consideration. I would love to join vVv.

Guest vVv Ambush

Welcome to vVv! I wish you good luck on your application. I have followed you on twitter, and just remember that staying active is key for your application. Check out The Losers Bracket podcast (every Tuesday starting at 9 PM EST), WNS (Wednesday nights at 7 PM EST), and even try to come to our practice nights(Sunday and Monday starting at 8 PM EST).

All members and applicants are required to stay active in the following ways:

Sharing and liking vVv Gaming posts, articles and blogs on Facebook

Following and retweeting vVv Gaming news on Twitter

The number of posts and the quality of posts you’ve made (aim for one post per day or more)

We will also consider the following when considering your application:

The time you’ve spent gaming with other vVv Members and applicants

The community feedback on you and your application

The value you’re adding outside of the above requirements (i.e. giving kudos on esportspress.com, subscribing to YouTube, podcast reviews on itunes, donating, etc.)

Your attitude and interactions with others

The quality of your suggestions and feedback to make vVv Gaming better

Referring other potential gamers to vVv

How much you use the “shareit” feature at the bottom of every thread

Check out these threads as well to learn how to get more familiar with the community

http://www.vvv-gamin...craft-2-videos/

http://www.vvv-gamin...efore-applying/

Again welcome to vVv and good luck!

also be sure to upload a personal picture! :)

Edited by vVv Ambush

I love the comment about having trouble gaming and spending a lot of time with your girlfriend... haha i have the EXACT same problem!!! lol mine likes starcraft at least (that was lucky)

Really!? Mine always asks what I'm doing when I'm on the phone with her..so I told her and she asked if she could watch! I'm like, hella yeah! So I did and she thought it was boring. -,-

We have recently changed our application process to reduce the application process time and the way we gauge value. Please update your application with the answer to this new question. You can read more about changes here.

Adding value is the most important aspect of being in vVv Gaming. From the following list, you must choose one method of adding value. We will evaluate your application based on how you tell us you're going to add value.

• Bloggers: Link us to your blogs so that we can evaluate if they are a good fit for vVv Gaming.
  • Casters: Link us to examples of your casting so that we can determine if your content is a good fit for vVv Gaming.
  • Donator ($15 per month): You like to game. Your time is precious, you want a community of skilled, social and intelligent gamers. You want to be a part of vVv Gaming, but real life does not make it easy for you to add value in other ways, so you donate.
  • Game Guru (Subject Matter Expert): You know everything about a game. It’s not that you think you know everything about the game, it’s that everyone in the game respects your opinion. To prove that you are well respected, please share links to the game related forums proving your expertise.
  • Graphic Artists: Link us to examples of your work so we can determine if the style and skill are a good fit for vVv Gaming.
  • Socialite (vVv Forum Commando or loveable troll): You live in the vVv shoutbox. You love meeting new people and your posts are not just quantity; they are quality. When people log onto the vVv gaming forum, you are one of those people who everyone expects to see and you make them feel at home.
  • Social Media Expert (Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, YouTube): You live on Social Media and are addicted with getting the latest information and sharing it with others. You can live on a diet of tweets, retweets, likes, follows, upvotes and comments.
  • Staff (Business Development, Sales, Team Manager, Tournament Organizer, etc): You’re professional. You have a resume full of positions that demonstrate your experience in eSports, Gaming or Community Development.
  • Streamers: Link us to your stream so that we can determine if you are a good fit for vVv Gaming.
  • Writers/Editors: Link us to articles so that we can determine if the content is a good fit for vVv Gaming.
  • Video Producer: Link us to your YouTube channel and other videos you've created so that we can determine if your content is a good fit for vVv Gaming.

I'm going to be totally honest with you, I don't really do any of that besides tweet stuff about gaming. I don't blog, I would love to cast..but my upload rate is soooo terrible. I would love to get in on that, like say a skype call and get in on a stream that way..but other than that I can't. I don't make enough money to donate. Personally, I think I know alot about the game, but I'm not sure other people think I do. I'm terrible at drawing, so I don't do the Graphics. I'm to new to be in the shoutbox. I do LOVE Social Media and I love talking to my gaming friends about the latest results from some big name players. I'm not even 17..so I can't be apart of any staff yet, but I would love to orgainize tournaments for/with you guys. As I stated before, I can't stream. I would absolutely love writing articles about gaming, specifically Starcraft 2 ones about big tournaments and the results and also biographies of players, even interviews would be fun. I just don't know any big players personally. :( i can't upload to Youtube because of internet speeds..

Of all these, I think letting me maybe cast a game or two with you guys on vVv'sstream (http://www.twitch.tv/livevvvgaming) would help with my application alot, or I can write a few articles on some of vVv's players. Something that was not mentioned in the above list is coaching. I can do that, and have before with newer players. I have done a few and all of ranked up. The very next game from one guy, he won and was moved to Platinum..now probably without my help that would have happened..but I'll take the credit. ;)

Again, please consider my application with the upmost regard. I could add value mostly by coaching free of charge, but would be willing to do whatever it takes.

Guest vVv Ambush

great guy, has some amazing ideas and is really fun to game with! hit me up next time you wanna game!

Good luck on your application Infested!

Just make sure you are active on the forums and tweet, retweet stuff about Loser's Bracket and vVv_Gaming and share stuff with the vVv Facebook page!

I recommend watching the Loser's Bracket as it is like ESPN Sportscenter but for E-Sports and Wednesday Night Starcraft could be used as an awesome learning tool :)

Enjoy :D

Oh I do do the tweeting, but for somereason, I hardly get anything about vVv on my Facebook =/ Do you guys not use Facebook as much?

And will do!

I talked to vVvAmbush a few minutes ago about adding value to vVv and I threw out an idea to him that he really liked that could help not only me, but vVv as a whole.

I've been thinking over the past few days about starting a fairly large tournament and I figured I could get vVv in on it, or at least try to. I thought about having the tournament open to all leagues and skill levels and he said to have seperate ones (Bronze-Gold, Plat-Diamond, Master-Grandmaster) I considered this and agreed and then thought of another idea, a lower league player can participate in a higher league tournament! (Example: A gold player playing in both the Bronze-Gold tournament and also entering the Plat-Diamond tournament. "Enter at your own risk" sort of thing.)

No tournament is whole without a prize or prize pool correct? As of now, I don't know what the prize(s) for each touranment will be, but I had an idea that we could get some gear/hardware/cash from sponsors for the prizes. The tournaments would be livestreamed and all money from the advertisements would go to the tournaments, future tournaments, or just vVv expenses in general. (I have no idea what you guys do with the adv. money.) Ambush also had the idea of using the stream to introude new streamers and casters that are wanting to give it a try. I agreed 100% with this because I am one of those people. :)

Personally, I think it's a great idea, and I have wanted to host a tournament for awhile, but me as a single person, don't have the publicity or the resources to make it very large or a prize pool. I would like to be one of the Administrators of the tournaments to. Call the tournament "vVv's Summer Bash!" or something like that. ;)

Get back to me and let me know what you think please! I would love to organize one of these and I now have time since school is out for the summer.

Edited by InfestedOne

That's the thing, I haven't run any at all.. :( I mean, I have placed 1st in a few tournaments, but never actually ran any.

I wanted to try to with the help of people that have and I think I could make it a success with some good planning. Above are all my current ideas but I'm sure they need some fine tuning as well as some more ideas added.

What do you think of the above so far?

Guest vVv Ambush

Could you link me to some other online tournaments you've run?

I believe I couuld help him run it as I have been doing the good as gold tournament and was going to help the hsot of that with admining stuff and if we doi it on playhem or zeek its fairly easy to do just stream work idhave no idea how to work that but the admin part of it would be fairly easy and other thing we could offer up as prizes is maybe a free hour of coaching would give people more reason to ask for and possibly pay for coaching