Beast-

Champion Spotlight - Varus, the Arrow of Retribution

Well, saw him in my first ranked game of the day.... yeah... will have to learn his ways just to deal with him today

His ult is not useless if you are good with skill shots. its similiar to ashe's ult and with a lock on if you hit the first target and other champs are close enough. I find it very annoying in team fights because it allows your team to pick them off 1 by 1 as they are stunned. I've heard about some people calling him OP but in reality the only thing thats really bugging people is the range on his q and the blight stacks. You can dodge the Q easily as you have quite a bit of fair warning if you pay attention to the animation he does before he lets one off. Some people want the range nerfed but I don't think they should nerf the range because the only reason he has that much range is so he can compete with mid characters. If cassiopeia or kassadin got close to him he would get rick rolled early game.

But he still is quite a fun champ to play. Still is quite a good champ at that and if your good with skill shots hes the champ for you.

Edited by vVv Midget

I found him pretty mediocre.. if you want a good poke lane take him otherwise i'd pass. Lowest base health of all the AD's, low starting AD, long cooldowns so procing your w doesn't happen very often, weak passive steroid.

Varus lacks any escape abilities. If you team is ahead and can hold a line, he works great, but after the gap is closed he lacks any effective escape mechanism. Varus' ult is decent for this, but it is a shame to waste it on tanks.

I got rolled by one in top lane really hard. I was renekton, he was 1890 rated solo queue and I'm only 1350 but still, no idea how you are meant to deal with him. Play middle of the lane? sits back and Q's you for 25% of HP a time, push him? tower hugs and Q's you for 25% of HP a time, let him push? sits back and Q's you for 25% of HP a time.

IMO the animation of Q is far too fast, with flash/heal/ult/slow his stupidly hard for a jungler to gank too.

His Q is so fun to use, but his ult is almost useless IMO.

his ult is his strongest ability, it's just like ashe, being able to initiate and cc an entire team is really strong on an ad carry.

I think he's a hard champion to play very well. However, I also think that he is very strong.

Unfortunately, Anax is right in saying that he has no escape abilities, but he can rock the lane hard and become strong in teamfights thanks to his passive (not just his passive obviously).

Anyway, I'm thinking that his best support is Taric, which presents more problems as Taric is one of the hardest supports to play very well. So, in my opinion, if you are skilled with Varus, and can play with a skilled Taric, then you can win your lane against most (especially sustain lanes).

I'm keeping a very close eye on how Riot changes Varus and where they plan to take him.