Sign in to follow this  
vVv Kraft

Kraft's Top 5 Tips for Efficient Leveling.

The below tips are outdated and with the current state of Diablo, I will have to spend some time to rewrite this article.

Feel free to still review the tips that I considered before going into Diablo on the day of launch.

Kraft's Top 5 Tips for efficient leveling.

1. Keep your time in town minimal!
  2. Play with a group, you'll be able to speed through areas much faster. Even with the increased scaling difficulty added with more people. It's still more efficient.
  3. Use "Elective Mode" in the options. This will allow you to freely move your skills around so you're not locked to what the default is.
  4. Don't worry about Magic Find (MF) gear until level 60. Instead, focus on stats and increased experience items. You'll level and kill much quicker!
  5. Area of Effect (AoE) abilities will plow down monsters quicker and give you bonus experience if you do it fast enough!

See you at 60!

Kraft

Edited by vVv Kraft

I believe the term you were looking for is "efficient" leveling; Power leveling implies that someone else is killing stuff their level and you are leeching the experience to level fast. (or something to that extent, such as a level 80 pulls everything in the area and holds aggro while you kill it all).

What do you think I am?

D1/D2/D3 Nerd for life.

I'm going to rush right to 60

I've been on the beta now for weeks and ive been testing everything I can up to level 13.

Yup, I'm def rushing through to 60 on a demon hunter, then wizard. After that, I'm going to go through pretty slow to explore on a witch doctor probably. Or monk. Find any good ways to rush through quests? Or can you not get that far into it yet?

DIABLOnerd4lyfe

I'd like to add a "Tip", it won't really make things faster but it did make playing more comfortable for my left hand.

If like me you have been playing a fair bit of league of legends recently, you'll find this handy(all puns intended).

I changed 1,2,3,4 to Q,W,E,R, it feels a lot more comfortable to keep fingers on these (for me anyway) putting your BIG AOE type things on R (ult), maybe a dash type thing on E, slows on W, Basic nuke on Q etc etc, makes it feel a bit more LOL like, helps you remember what the buttons do (I tend to forget while just blitzing as fast as possible).

I then changed potion to 1 and obviously you now have 2,3,4 freed up.

Not exactly a game changing tip but just saying, if you are moving with the mouse, this frees up the entire keyboard so you don't have to stick to numbers if this feels uncomfortable to play with for extended periods

I'd like to add a "Tip", it won't really make things faster but it did make playing more comfortable for my left hand.

If like me you have been playing a fair bit of league of legends recently, you'll find this handy(all puns intended).

I changed 1,2,3,4 to Q,W,E,R, it feels a lot more comfortable to keep fingers on these (for me anyway) putting your BIG AOE type things on R (ult), maybe a dash type thing on E, slows on W, Basic nuke on Q etc etc, makes it feel a bit more LOL like, helps you remember what the buttons do (I tend to forget while just blitzing as fast as possible).

I then changed potion to 1 and obviously you now have 2,3,4 freed up.

Not exactly a game changing tip but just saying, if you are moving with the mouse, this frees up the entire keyboard so you don't have to stick to numbers if this feels uncomfortable to play with for extended periods

I did this as well, after getting to the end of normal. Quite effective with not havign to stretch your hand over more of the keyboard or have your wrist arched higher. Additionally, with elective mode I can slot skills to each finger based on my rotation and how often I use it. I do the reverse of the typical setup, basically. For example, on my barb I have Mouse 1 and 2 set to Cleave and Seismic slam respectively, Leap on R, Ground Stomp on E, Rend on W, and Revenge on Q. That way I don't need to use my pinky for a skill I'm using often / I get a more natural movement from my hand when firing off my skills.