aesop0827

Renekton

Just curious what are your opinions on Renekton he's been a hot topic as of late. Does he need any help or just fine the way he is,

Morello did make this statement not long ago regarding Renekton

Renekton could use some help - though I may want to go slightly crazier and give him bigger moments based on Fury. I think it's a little "flat" right no' date=' so we could definitely do some things here.[/quote']

Quote posted here on LoL forums http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=20488942#post20488942

Please, Renekton if anything needs a nerf. Out of all of the Bruisers he does the most damage and tanks the best from what I've seen. He even still has a stun and a killer escape mechanism. He's just fine.

Please, Renekton if anything needs a nerf. Out of all of the Bruisers he does the most damage and tanks the best from what I've seen. He even still has a stun and a killer escape mechanism. He's just fine.

But in exchange for a strong laning phase, he's not that great late game

He is actually really good late game when played correctly. Not a big focus on damage but instead use him to break their line or sit on the other team with your ulti while stunning important carries. He isnt going to be a tanky carry like some tops, but he is still very viable in early and late game.

If you can use him to really crush top quickly and get ahead then that gives your team the advantage in teamfights.

The problem with renekton right now is he thrives upon snowballing from early game. A smart opponent in top lane will merely let renekton push the first few waves then last hit on their side of the lane and wait for a gank. If they can get a successful gank on renekton between levels 4-5 and put him behidn 2 levels his entire advantage is lost and he must rely on either a lot of ganks from his own jungler or his lane opponent to fail miserably. While his kit has great synergy his abilities do not scale incredibly well into late game.

If you build him purely damage he can be burst down incredibly fast or kited to death. If he builds tank his damage is ignorable. Also, I agree with Morello in that his "rage" feels rather lackluster as a special mechanic.

Renekton is just fine in my opinion. Ren is often played by wicked from clg.eu and it always works fairly well. Ren has early game sustain and dominates very early game. He falls off somewhat mid/late but I think snowballing with him is easy enough. My first and only game with ren i went 8-0 against a riven in lane, not bragging, he's just strong lane pressence which can help push early dragons and look for an early team fight.

Renekton has the 9th highest win % in NA ranked in 1800+ elo in the last month, so he's definitely good champion, I just find there are a lot of people who don't know how to play him right and as a result he gets bad results a lot.

Renekton has the 9th highest win % in NA ranked in 1800+ elo in the last month, so he's definitely good champion, I just find there are a lot of people who don't know how to play him right and as a result he gets bad results a lot.

I wonder how reliable these stats are. Just a few players who specialize in a particular hero could have a skewing effect. Still it's pretty interesting given that I rarely see Renek in solo queue.

Renekton's mobility later in the game seems a little low. He can do soem decent burst damage but I think he gets kited a little too easy.

Yeah, I don't see a problem with the Gator. He's a very viable champion when it comes to the Top lane and if he's played well, he can get out of control

I wonder how reliable these stats are. Just a few players who specialize in a particular hero could have a skewing effect. Still it's pretty interesting given that I rarely see Renek in solo queue.

That is true, he is not played much but my point was that a player who is good with him can do extremely well with him as he's a good champ.

I just find he's to prone to lose the lane if not played extremely well so most people don't try it in ranked.

The problem with renekton right now is he thrives upon snowballing from early game. A smart opponent in top lane will merely let renekton push the first few waves then last hit on their side of the lane and wait for a gank. If they can get a successful gank on renekton between levels 4-5 and put him behidn 2 levels his entire advantage is lost and he must rely on either a lot of ganks from his own jungler or his lane opponent to fail miserably. While his kit has great synergy his abilities do not scale incredibly well into late game.

If you build him purely damage he can be burst down incredibly fast or kited to death. If he builds tank his damage is ignorable. Also, I agree with Morello in that his "rage" feels rather lackluster as a special mechanic.

MOST champions can get shut down by smart play and good early ganks, not just Renekton, and MOST champions work with the whole damage/tank ratio. I think Ren is amazing with all the early game sustain, and the late game bruiserificness.

Yeah, I don't see a problem with the Gator.

Every time I've seen him in ranked I'm just like

HEY YO QURL, YOU WANNA BE ON TOP?

tyra.gif?w=250&h=194

Renek isnt anything to the queen.

-hairflip-

Renekton, for the most part, seems balenced. He's one of my favorite champs to play.

With that said, I think he needs a very SMALL buff, or at least to his late game ult. Why it scales with magic damage, I don't know, but everything else is fine with him. He has his counters.

Renekton is pretty easy to play against. If he uses his Q to push waves and heal off creeps, you can easily harass while its on cool-down and he can't return damage very well without it. He also isn't keeping his fury maxed out. He does well against most melee because he can harass with Q without pulling creep aggro. Other than that little feature, I'd say he is fairly balanced.

There are several thousand players over 1800. One player isn't going to have more than +/- 1% effect on the statistic- even if you try. I think it is a good statistic, but like anything I wouldn't draw conclusions based on it too hastily.

Well ANYONE has trouble if they're behind two levels, that's not exclusive to Renekton. But any good player can do well with a champion if they're behind, that is, if they can play that champion well enough!

And I would very heartily disagree with you and Morello on the Rage mechanic. Being able to use his rage just right is what separates the good Renektons from the greats. It's sort of mesmerizing to watch.

Edited by vVv Fourth Oracle

Renekton, for the most part, seems balenced. He's one of my favorite champs to play.

With that said, I think he needs a very SMALL buff, or at least to his late game ult. Why it scales with magic damage, I don't know, but everything else is fine with him. He has his counters.

Nasus's ult scales to magic damage. Just saying.