Maze

What happened to this game?

When I first got this game almost every server was full or heavy all the time. Now, they are almost always light. What happened? I thought this game was doing really well.

The initial hype has died and many people start to see what the game really offers at lvl 50... sadly that answer is not a lot. Sucks too, as playing the story 1-50 was actually quite fun.

Edited by vVv Blazek

They add in more Server Stability.

Do you still see the same amount of people per server?

No there used to always be 50+ people on whatever planet i was on and the fleet would have over 200. Now it seems theres about 10 people or less per planet and the fleet only has 30 people sometimes.

Name a successful Star Wars title and I'll give you a cookie. I just don't see where the innovation comes from or what direction it can go in if the game is based within the limits of a movie that has already been made. Pardon my skepticism but i never expect games based on movies to succeed for just that reason. Not to mention trying to make an MMO out of it. Stamped -Doomed from the start-. Once people move past the shiny hype shell and get down to the nitty gritty "new" content the game has to offer they just aren't impressed.

Edited by Talon

I think there's a bit of an exaggeration on how "few" people play. Our server averages over 100 people on the fleet at any given time, fewer on planets. I think the problem was too many servers created post launch because of the queues. Bioware's said they're going to allow moves soon, so I'm sure there will be a "bunching up" on servers and the problem will be alleviated. I also think the more robust endgame offered in 1.2 (coming this month) will bring a lot of the "bored" players back.

I think there's a bit of an exaggeration on how "few" people play. Our server averages over 100 people on the fleet at any given time, fewer on planets. I think the problem was too many servers created post launch because of the queues. Bioware's said they're going to allow moves soon, so I'm sure there will be a "bunching up" on servers and the problem will be alleviated. I also think the more robust endgame offered in 1.2 (coming this month) will bring a lot of the "bored" players back.

Hopefully. I miss the days where there would be 80 ppl on a planet

Mmm.

I've never played the game, but a few people told me it got boring at some point near the end ;x.

Honestly star wars just doesnt interest me in the least bit but that's just my opinion ;P

The initial hype has died and many people start to see what the game really offers at lvl 50... sadly that answer is not a lot. Sucks too, as playing the story 1-50 was actually quite fun.

Pretty much this. 1-50 is probably one of the best leveling experiences you can get out of an MMO. Sadly, once you reach 50, the game offers the same traditional end game content people have been doing in WoW for years and sadly WoW still does it better than everyone else in this aspect.

The amount of people on servers for every mmo will jump up at launch and at xpacks and die out in a couple weeks once people are bored.

swtor is amazing for leveling at high level I am having a blast at pvp, I do not pve in the game so I cannot comment in that respect

The game got what it deserved, trying to pull the wool over the eyes of mmo enthusiasts. Falsly marketing it as a mmorpg when its' a single-player rpg/cooperative online rpg results in subscriberships taking a nose-dive. Just like Star Trek Online or WAR.

Name a successful Star Wars title and I'll give you a cookie.

Star Wars Galaxies was extreamly successful for many years.

Win ! Wheres my cookie...

Initial Server transfers are up now for select servers. Still no release date for patch 1.3 I think. I honestly don't think any of it will matter in terms of regaining lost playerbase - it's like what was said, the game was fun from 1-50 but there just wasn't much to do at cap other than PvP, which was fun for the most part. I don't play anymore but I still haven't cancelled my sub, I guess thats just the Star Wars fan in me though... It's sad the game has fizzled out, but expected imo.

The game itself isn't really that great, it plays just like any other MMO. It doesn't do anything to really stand out other than the cinematic dialog, however the story lines are rich with content. anyone interested in expanding their star wars knowledge should play this game. I think the only people still sticking around are the true hardcore star wars fans or the fans who loved KOTOR. I don't know if this next expansion is going to generate the revenue that bio-ware expected. I honestly wish this game still had the traffic it did on release. 

"I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror..."

Edited by SageRonin

4 hours ago, SageRonin said:

The game itself isn't really that great, it plays just like any other MMO. It doesn't do anything to really stand out other than the cinematic dialog, however the story lines are rich with content. anyone interested in expanding their star wars knowledge should play this game. I think the only people still sticking around are the true hardcore star wars fans or the fans who loved KOTOR. I don't know if this next expansion is going to generate the revenue that bio-ware expected. I honestly wish this game still had the traffic it did on release. 

"I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror..."

We still play. I like the expansion (although Fallout 4 has pulled me away)

I feel that the cinematic quest dialogues really bring the game to a whole new level though. Playing WoW every quest felt like a shopping list and I didn't really care about the story. Seeing and hearing my character respond through the quest dialogue and building up his persona was one of my favorite parts of playing so far.

13 hours ago, vVv LordJerith said:

We still play. I like the expansion (although Fallout 4 has pulled me away)

Fallout 4 has pulled me away from everything I normally play. It's like a breath of fresh air with the smallest hint of glitches.

9 hours ago, vVv OrganicBear said:

I feel that the cinematic quest dialogues really bring the game to a whole new level though. Playing WoW every quest felt like a shopping list and I didn't really care about the story. Seeing and hearing my character respond through the quest dialogue and building up his persona was one of my favorite parts of playing so far.

With WoW the only story quest I cared to read was in Pandaria. I have always loved the Pandarians so to read anything on their lore excites me. 

I still play nightly since the recent DLC. Loved advancing my Sith Inquisitor through the main story line, then the Revan and now onto new content. Was extremely pleasing, engaging, entertaining and addictive.

Also started an IA as I have heard that is the best story line in game.