Sign in to follow this  
SleepyTigerz

Guild Wars 2 PvP Thread - Updated!

Its understandable to focus on conquest as it is much more of a structured PvP and one people are much more familiar with, and as far as any chance of GW2 going competitive this is where it will be, so you did start in the right place.

As far as WvW I still haven't looked into it as much as I would like, but I agree it is much more then a "casual" thing. Time zone warfare was a very real thing in DAoC and EVE online, and i suspect it will play a big role in GW2 (unless ofcourse they take the Aion route, hopefully they don't). There are many elements that effect RvR that don't apply to conquest/battlegrounds, thankfully vVv does have some Warhammer vets and I believe I am not the only DAoC vet here either; so that will come as more knowledge about WvW becomes avalible.

Sigh... <-- Aion vet... -facepalm- why did i buy that game.

lol, well if you want like I said you can apply its up to you. I just need dedicated people, because so far not a lot of our members are being active and want to help.

GW2 is going to be the next big MMO, so I want to make sure we come out on top.

Well if my age isn't that big of an issue, then I would love to apply and I'll post my form as soon as possible! ^^

Edited by SleepyTigerz

Well if my age isn't that big of an issue, then I would love to apply and I'll post my form as soon as possible! ^^

No rush, just take your time on the application. If there is a question or an issue with something just let me know and we will go from there. Also if people give you any issues (They shouldn't we strive on being supportive in the long run) then also let me know and I will handle it.

I think the suggestions Sleepy has are great. In fact, I think I could learn a thing or two from him/her, and would love to talk GW2 sometime.

I think the suggestions Sleepy has are great. In fact, I think I could learn a thing or two from him/her, and would love to talk GW2 sometime.

Hey, thanks Arsenic! ^_^ I would love to chat with you about GW2 at some point as well.

Edited by SleepyTigerz

More like me having my own separate channel labeled -foreveralonetalon-

I'll geek out with you! ^_^ Noone is alone with me around!

Hey, thanks Arsenic! ^_^ I would love to chat with you about GW2 at some point as well.

nikki.house3 Add me on skype sometime and we can chat soon. I have no shame in getting educated by a fellow officer applicant. :D

photo-thumb-18591.jpg

just for you!!

Such a striking resemblance! I could barely tell it was edited! :P

nikki.house3 Add me on skype sometime and we can chat soon. I have no shame in getting educated by a fellow officer applicant. :D

Sure, I'll add you and we can chat tomorrow when I get home :D

Edited by SleepyTigerz

And PvP sign-ups have been sent out to everyone that's not an officer or leader currently (Pretty sure they don't need to go through me first lol)! :D

Also, the two members I couldn't get a sign-up to were Velgus and Toxicity cause they don't have an account (Or at least one I couldn't find one for Velgus and for Tocicity, the message thing says his account doesn't exist :P ). Anyone have any idea of how to reach them?

Edited by SleepyTigerz

This is a good format and thread imo. Great job and constructing this. Sleepy, now I want to see you follow through with everything!

Can't wait to be playing with everyone (Especially my baby Kenny :P)

This is a good format and thread imo. Great job and constructing this. Sleepy, now I want to see you follow through with everything!

Can't wait to be playing with everyone (Especially my baby Kenny :P)

You & me baby, all the way! Sleepy will do a good job, so far shes doing pretty good. :)

btw Sleepy, I made a full guild list with links to peoples profiles etc. ;)

I'm glad this thread had so many replies so fast. I'M SO VERY Excited! The W V W should be great and balanced for the most part unlike WAR which was one of my top games that did Keep sieges (When the world was balanced). Keep it up Sleepy, and I'll be seeing you shortly.

P.S. ~ Anyone know when the next beta is after the 10th, after preorders?

I'm glad this thread had so many replies so fast. I'M SO VERY Excited! The W V W should be great and balanced for the most part unlike WAR which was one of my top games that did Keep sieges (When the world was balanced). Keep it up Sleepy, and I'll be seeing you shortly.

P.S. ~ Anyone know when the next beta is after the 10th, after preorders?

Considering how much effort they've put into the game the past few years I don't see balance being anywhere near as much of an issue considering the lack of a dedicated healing class. That alleviates much of the burden of damage formulas on development teams when they don't have to worry about a whole other dimension of PvP i.e dedicated healing being too under/over powered.

Agree with sleepy, what a good segregation system for PvP :> Attach a useful blog for thief, continuing update!! Lots of technique, video analysis, and build suggestion in it. Hope u guys will love it. http://www.keyanddagger.com/

I am still searching for a good blog or forum for elementalist or guardian. From now on there seems not exist a good blog for this two profession. :(

Edited by KobertCYM

Agree with sleepy, what a good segregation system for PvP :> Attach a useful blog for thief, continuing update!! Lots of technique, video analysis, and build suggestion in it. Hope u guys will love it. http://www.keyanddagger.com/

I am still searching for a good blog or forum for elementalist or guardian. From now on there seems not exist a good blog for this two profession. :(

Thanks for the great info, keep it up! :)