Astroorion

Astro's Application

• Name (ie Jonathan Ramirez): Blake Hooks
  • Age (minimum 16): 16
  • What is your in game name (ie vVvRoar.873): vVvAstro 137
  • Link to your Twitter page (twitter required): www.twitter.com/vVvAstro
  • Link to your Google+ or Facebook page (at least one required): www.facebook.com/bhooks1234
  • How frequently do you use Facebook, Twitter, Digg and/or Google+? Facebook everyday, I will now use Twitter more often, and I use Reddit as well, but not Digg or Google+
  • How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom? I have already been a member here
  • Who do you know currently in vVv Gaming? How do you know them? Glon and Blaze (EzaLB) are friends of mine, and I know a majority of the SC2 players from talking in game and playing against
  • Why you are interested in joining vVv Gaming? I was chopped for not using Twitter over the Columbus weekend, which was a huge mistake on my part, and would like too be readded
  • Adding value is an important aspect of being in vVv Gaming. How will you, personally, add value? I may not have the most Twitter followers, but I'm active in Playhem, National Star League, on Team Liquid, Reddit, etc. and I will always be there to upvote, promote, or do whatever to get vVv's name out into the world
  • Are you familiar with vVv's Geek to Me articles and Losers Bracket Podcast? If so, what some of your favorites and why? I love the Losers Bracket, especially since they have a lot of Starcraft related content, so I will watch whenever I can
  • How long have you been playing video games? About 3 years competitively
  • How many hours per week do you devote to gaming? At least 16, I will practice when I can and I'm also an admin for Playhem Dailies
  • What current division are you in and how many points do you have? Diamond League, 504 Points
  • Do you see yourself as competitive or causal gamer? I am very much a competitive gamer, seeing as I like to win, but when I lose I go right to the replay to analyze what I did wrong
  • What games coming out are you looking forward to play and why? I can't wait for the Heart of the Swarm addon for SC2, and that's about it
  • What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming? I used to swim, but suffered from an injury a year ago, and now I do gaming and Web Development as my main areas of interest
  • Where do you see yourself next year at this time? In the Top of Masters, or mid-teir GM, able to play with a standing chance in MLG

I also wrote out a few reasons before applying about things I have done, and reasons why I should be readded, which I will attach, but some may be restatments of what is said above

1. I used to stream a lot, but then was caught up in schoolwork and was actually about to start streaming again.

2. During the weekend I was doing bracket reporting for Liquipedia, and was going to do LR for vVv, but the board was staff only and didn't know who to contact to get access

3. I was regularily talking to Glon and RuFF to check on their status, wish them luck, find out their matches, etc.

4. I understand it was an error on my part to not use Twitter, but in my time on vVv I have had more people ask me about it laddering and admining Playhem than I have friends ask me about Twitter

5. I have refered at least 5 people in the past few months to the vVv SC2 apps that have asked about him

6. Finally, I have become good friends with most of the sponsosred players and community players and would hate to not be apart of this team/community anymore

Guest vVv Ambush

twitter=required if you dont not tweet you are not meeting the requirments of the community. that is the reason your previuos application was closed...

twitter=required if you dont not tweet you are not meeting the requirments of the community. that is the reason your previuos application was closed...

I know, I was already accepted, but now I will be using Twitter more often since I will also be streaming more often and retweeting more stuff

Guest vVv Ambush

why did you post another application if you were already accepted?

"but in my time on vVv I have had more people ask me about it laddering and admining Playhem than I have friends ask me about Twitter"

Edited by vVv Ambush

"but in my time on vVv I have had more people ask me about it laddering and admining Playhem than I have friends ask me about Twitter"

I was chopped in the most recent chop, but I would like to be put back on the team. Please read the whole application before asking any more questions

Edit: Sorry, not trying to sound mean or anything, I just don't want to answer questions where the answer is already in my application

Edited by Astro~

Guest vVv Ambush

ok well i guess goodluck and hope you prove that you are going to be active

He was one of the Members that got Chopped today.

Also Astro update your Account info.

What amazes me is how fast you realized you were not in vVv any longer and was trying to fix it. Did you not know about being active on Twitter?

He was one of the Members that got Chopped today.

Also Astro update your Account info.

What amazes me is how fast you realized you were not in vVv any longer and was trying to fix it. Did you not know about being active on Twitter?

Yeah, I just was so caught up in doing Liquipedia updates and talking to our players that Twitter just skipped my mind

You guys should give him another chance, he is a very dedicated player and he made a little mistake , everyone makes mistake and me knowing astro i know he is very dedicated, gl astro!

You guys should give him another chance, he is a very dedicated player and he made a little mistake , everyone makes mistake and me knowing astro i know he is very dedicated, gl astro!

I think he deserves another chance. I mean everyone makes mistakes.

Welcome to vVv Gaming! Enjoy your visits to our forum and our website. If you have any any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me or any of the vVv Staff members (easily recognized by their gold or purple color in our shoutbox). Make sure to connect with as many vVv members as possible, start gaming with them and get to know the community. Once again, thank you for registering on our site, and we hope to see much more of you! Also, please upload a personal photo and fill out your forum personal profile and "About Me" Page COMPLETELY. (Go to My Controls, then Personal Profile section). Here at vVv, we like to know our members!Along with that, we would like you to subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter! You can find all the links and info here: important way to stay active is to be sure that you do the following:

If you have any questions, please contact an available staff member, feel free to send me a Private Message through our forums or you can post here: http://vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?showforum=323.vVv Gaming is about being active and its members adding value. If you don't have time to add value to vVv-Gaming by activity, gfx, or other ways, we have one convenient way to add value: http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31340Don't forget to checkout all the topics above the shoutbox. They contain important news and information.Again, Welcome!

Who is this guy?

All joking aside, I'll be reviewing your twitter over the next couple weeks to make sure you are active on it. I'm not sure if Jerry wants to go through the interview process again, so when I see your activity is good I will talk to him about reinstating members from the chop and the proper process for doing so.

Who is this guy?

All joking aside, I'll be reviewing your twitter over the next couple weeks to make sure you are active on it. I'm not sure if Jerry wants to go through the interview process again, so when I see your activity is good I will talk to him about reinstating members from the chop and the proper process for doing so.

Thanks! I will be trying to fly and compete in MLG Anaheim so I wil be streaming, and tweeting, when I'm live so people can watch my process. Go follow me at http://www.twitch.tv/astroorion and I will most likely be streaming when I get home from NY

Way better than it was, and now that I have just landed back home I intend to use it more to promote not only myself, but other vVv members and events

Bring back astro! Bring back astro!

hes been very nice and helpful to me, id say hes a great representation of vVv. one little mistake like that should call for a warning not chopping

gl with ur app and gl with MLG :)