Sign in to follow this  
Voison

Don't pre-order GW2 from Amazon

Thanks for the info Voison. I was going to pre-purchase from there, but then I decided to splurge and put aside money for the collector's edition. However, I saw on Guild Wars 2 Guru's forums that Gamestop might not give you the codes if you don't purchase from them correctly. You actually have to leave your house (The horror) and pre-purchase it at the store. I hate that Gamestop is the only place selling the CE in the US, I never shop there for PC games.

EDIT: While digging through GW2Guru's form, I found this which is extremely helpful for those who are also getting the CE or (if you're crazy) a physical copy of the standard edition.

How does physical Pre-Purchase work?

Physical Pre-Purchase for Guild Wars 2 is only available at select retailers. The details of how this will work will differ slightly depending on which edition customers purchase and where they purchase it.

•Standard Edition (North America)—Customers will buy the Standard Edition Pre-Purchase box and receive a Pre-Purchase serial code. They will then go to https://register.guildwars2.com and follow the on-screen instructions to create a Guild Wars 2 account and apply the serial code, which will give them access to Beta Weekend Events, the Hero's Band digital item, and three-day Headstart Access to the final game. When Guild Wars 2 launches, customers will need to return to the retailer with proof of purchase to receive the full Standard Edition box and retail serial code. They will need to apply this retail serial code to their Guild Wars 2 account within five days to continue playing without interruption

•Standard Edition (Europe)—Customers will buy the Standard Edition Pre-Purchase box and receive their serial code. This is the only serial code customers will receive and will grant access to the Beta Weekend Events, three-day Headstart Access, the Hero's Band digital item, and full access to the final live game. Customers will not need to return to retail to receive another serial code.

•Collector's Edition (North America and Europe)—Customers will buy the Collector's Edition Pre-Purchase box and receive a Pre-Purchase serial code. They will then go to https://register.guildwars2.com and follow the on-screen instructions to create a Guild Wars 2 account and apply the serial code, which will give them access to Beta Weekend Events and three-day Headstart Access to the final game. When Guild Wars 2 launches, customers will need to return to their retailer with proof of purchase to receive the full Collector's Edition box with physical items and retail serial code. They will need to apply this retail serial code to their Guild Wars 2 account within five days to continue playing without interruption.

So glad that I'll have 5 days before I need to acually go to the store and pick it up ^^

Edited by SleepyTigerz

Thanks for the info Voison. I was going to pre-purchase from there, but then I decided to splurge and put aside money for the collector's edition. However, I saw on Guild Wars 2 Guru's forums that Gamestop might not give you the codes if you don't purchase from them correctly. You actually have to leave your house (The horror) and pre-purchase it at the store. I hate that Gamestop is the only place selling the CE in the US, I never shop there for PC games.

EDIT: While digging through GW2Guru's form, I found this which is extremely helpful for those who are also getting the CE or (if you're crazy) a physical copy of the standard edition.

So glad that I'll have 5 days before I need to acually go to the store and pick it up ^^

Ya it is pretty scary outside. :( That is why I'm just getting the digital deluxe edition online. Beta, a few in-game items, and 3 days of early play.. That is all I really need. I wanted to get the Collectors edition but I also wanted to get the collectors edition for Diablo III too. Then I realized I would have to actually go to a store and buy the game and not be able to play them at midnight with everyone else. :(

So if you want a hard copy and you pre-order from Arenanet that you take the receipt and bring it to a retailer? They give you the game but you get the pre-order stuff from Arenanet? I'm just sticking to Digital Copy and pre-order from Arena

I'm all for digital. I used to have disc for everything. But then I had kids. The rest is pretty self-explanatory.