Muhdewsa

Morgana debate!

9So when I first started playing LoL, I started using Morgana because she was free that week and I really enjoy ranged characters (always played Sorceress in Diablo 2, Druid in WoW, etc.). After I got enough points, I ended up buying her. My friends who play LoL non-stop say that she's completely OP and is usually banned in draft picks or private games.

I don't understand WHY!!!!!! She gets completely ripped apart by champions like Fiddlesticks who can silence her for 3 seconds then stun her for another 3 seconds. If you don't get immediately pooped on by combo's like that, you'll get pooped on if you don't kill a champion by using Soul Shackle > whatever her stun attack is called > Tormented Soil > Ignite, and throw in the magic damage shield somewhere in there. Then your cool downs for everything are SO LONG, so you get the immediate stain.

So can someone please explain to me why she's considered so OP if she's so easily taken down by people who know what they're doing?

she's considered OP because of her black shield (which makes her completely fucking invulnerable to ganks in the laning phase) and her ult, which can disable many champs if used correctly.

edit: also, you can use black shield against fiddle's disables.

Edited by ReV

Morgana is a decent laner, but she is really strongest in team fights. In the high elo, it is not uncommon to see Morganas flash in immediately after initiation and pop her ultimate and immediately Zonyas. Not only does she had decent damage, but her crowd control abilities are unmatched by other AP carries. In addition to it all her black shield does provide tremendous utility to her team.

So basically it's just a matter of using the black shield correctly at the right times to make her completely dominant? interestingggg.

Do you guys still think that she should be banned in draft picks though? Or do you think that people who know how to use her correctly should be able to use her?

I think that shes worth a ban only in arranged or premade 5s in order to prevent her from countering a certain team comp you're trying to use. However in solo queue I don't think she is much of a problem. She doesn't really have the 1v1 dueling power that other AP carrys have.

I think she is in the top 10 for bans in ranked games because of her resistance to ganks, but she does need a decent farm to be concidered OP, if that.

I agree, Ockiral. You have to farm soooooooooo much to get even half of what she "needs". It sucks. But HMMMMM thanks for the input guys <3

I would never ban Morgana.

Putting her mechanics aside, 95% of players are outright terrible with her and here is why:

RoA is crap on Morgana and yet I see it constantly. Her passive already gives her crazy lane sustain and she has no mana issues even without blue, making the 290 HP the only useful stat you just paid 1325 gold for. You could have just waited 300 gold and gotten large rod, giving you 80 ap (which makes you sustain more, HOW ABOUT THAT SHIeeeT).

Most people seem to misunderstand Zhonyas. You don't flash in, ult and Zhonyas at 100% hp. You know what happens when you do that? The enemy team just walks away, turns around, and shits on your team because you just blew your 60 second cooldown Zhonyas for no reason and fucked up your teams best CC ult. You start with blackshield to avoid being cc'ed (you know why they'd cc you? so they can fucking walk away...) using zhonyas effectively STUNS YOURSELF (derp) so starting with black shield and chasing the runners is much more effective. This will keep your ult shackled longer (keeping them slowed) and eventually stun them. If they turn around and engage on you, then you Zhonyas. By the time they try to run again they've already been stunned, and by the time Zhonyas is over your q/w/e should be back off cooldown (or soon at least).

People can't land Q. FFS never pick morgana if you can't land a snare. Not only is it a single target nuke/cc, it's morgana's only reliable damage (they can walk out of pool, E is a shield, R is your ult). It's not like Ahri, who even if you miss a charm you got 2 other nukes to back you up. If you miss snare as Morgana you just became an Annie without ult and at 0 charges for stun (useless).

A really good Morgana can be devistating and is a very safe lane to play as overall due to your shield and ease of landing snare on someone chasing you. However she is a little weak midgame before she gets Zhonyas/DC.

I would never ban Morgana.

Putting her mechanics aside, 95% of players are outright terrible with her and here is why:

RoA is crap on Morgana and yet I see it constantly. Her passive already gives her crazy lane sustain and she has no mana issues even without blue, making the 290 HP the only useful stat you just paid 1325 gold for. You could have just waited 300 gold and gotten large rod, giving you 80 ap (which makes you sustain more, HOW ABOUT THAT SHIeeeT).

Most people seem to misunderstand Zhonyas. You don't flash in, ult and Zhonyas at 100% hp. You know what happens when you do that? The enemy team just walks away, turns around, and shits on your team because you just blew your 60 second cooldown Zhonyas for no reason and fucked up your teams best CC ult. You start with blackshield to avoid being cc'ed (you know why they'd cc you? so they can fucking walk away...) using zhonyas effectively STUNS YOURSELF (derp) so starting with black shield and chasing the runners is much more effective. This will keep your ult shackled longer (keeping them slowed) and eventually stun them. If they turn around and engage on you, then you Zhonyas. By the time they try to run again they've already been stunned, and by the time Zhonyas is over your q/w/e should be back off cooldown (or soon at least).

People can't land Q. FFS never pick morgana if you can't land a snare. Not only is it a single target nuke/cc, it's morgana's only reliable damage (they can walk out of pool, E is a shield, R is your ult). It's not like Ahri, who even if you miss a charm you got 2 other nukes to back you up. If you miss snare as Morgana you just became an Annie without ult and at 0 charges for stun (useless).

A really good Morgana can be devistating and is a very safe lane to play as overall due to your shield and ease of landing snare on someone chasing you. However she is a little weak midgame before she gets Zhonyas/DC.

its why i hate and love f2p morg as if she's on your team you lost mid but on the other team its ez

I see her banned just about every game, I dont think shes that big of a problem just seems like a lot of people dont know how to play against her

Honestly, Morgana isn't as good as people seem to believe. If someone can play her well, then her ultimate can be devAstating

However, she is fairly easily countered by other champions that have great mobility or several nukes. A lot of ap mids are about equal to morgana in lane and if played right can beat her down and be more effective in the late game than Morgana. The other ap mids, like Ahri which DD mentioned, but I'm surprised he didn't mention that an Ahri can counter a morgana very well. Since Ahri has far more damage output and an ult that can almost always get away from a morgana ult.. with the exception of a snare from morgana... Ahri can beat morgana mid and be very beneficial to her team. In fact, I see more Ahri bans than morgana bans for sure. And I would never personally ban Morgana again (because I will admit that I used to a few months ago). As for playing morgana, I'd go with what DD said, he mains ap mids very well.

I wasn't really going to go into who counters who, I merely mentioned Ahri because they have a comparable CC spell while also having a drastically different kit.

I wasn't really going to go into who counters who, I merely mentioned Ahri because they have a comparable CC spell while also having a drastically different kit.

oh

Every champion has a counter, to be honest nothing really needs to be banned, but its the persons ability to deal with those champions in comparision to others is what makes them ban those champions.

Morgana is definitely strong. She's looked at in the perspective of the whole "better safe than sorry" mentality. Not all Morgana's are equal, but you're criticized way more for not banning (then getting owned by) a Morg as opposed to a lot of other champs. Her shield is amazing and her likelihood of getting ganked is a lot smaller than a lot of other mids. Maybe, however, she's been banned so much that no one is good with her anymore. Haha, but I'll let someone else try that theory out. =D

I thought we settled this debate?

Strong champion, yes.

Counters, yes.

Banable, only if you can't play her counters....

Morgana is very strong, and I agree with you're friends. She is kind of OP. Her black shield for herself and her ad carry lategame is incredible, her ult stomps teamfights, she has endless sustain with her passive + pool in the lane, and her Q has one of the longest lengths of a snare in the game.