Sign in to follow this  
vVv BuLLeT

Is the new Shen OP or Balanced? Your Thoughts?

I'd say his combat skills are fairly balanced relative to other bruiser champs, but his ultimate being global can really create problems mid-game. I think next patch we are going to see the range on his ultimate nerfed hard.

He is on par with other bruisers for damage.....which is the problem because he has tank abilities. It makes his early and mid game too strong which almost always leads a bulky late game. I think the ki strike needs to see some nerfs because he is winning nearly every matchup in toplane.

I wouldn't say that's he's op, but he's a very good pick currently. He probably will need some form of nerf, but I wouldn't consider him ban worthy

playing him right now, he's just rediculous... ulty saved every gank i did

but he cannot carry the game, so if he's fed top its not the end of the world

Edited by vVv WaKai

ive played about 20 matches with him and i find him pretty strong if u build like a Dps early game i start with Dorans shield ,then buy HoG then Zeke's herald (starks fervor) boots depending on other team's comp, ionic spark, Aegis and Randuins. for glyphs i go with Atk SP reds, Arm Yellow, MR/lvl Blues and Movement Quints Masteries i go 9/21/0 getting the extra creep dmg and Atk speed in offense for skill order i go Q>W>R>E this allows for more KI strike Procs and allows u to quickly zone out the person ur laning against.. imo his ability to quickly Zone out a lane due to his High sustain makes him a very strong pick and is worthy of a Ban not to mention A global Ulti ..thats just my exp from playing him

I am pretty impressed with his split pushing at the moment, because when he goes AP and ults in after pushing and you see a 1k shield to save who ever the main target was that is pretty disheartening . Aside from his ult I think he is pretty balanced and they did a great change on him.

I noticed that shen loses to yorick with ganks from shyvana. So, if you're playing with a friend, you could go yorick and shyvana when they pick shen. It's pretty helpful. Also, you may want a leona or an alistair bot to help protect the ad carry from those ults.

Oh, and of course, you can easily just counter pick ww

Edited by IzualsTorment

long story short.... hes a viable champion now. hes a good tank, but not overpowered

Still, he is far stronger than he was, and he beats a lot of champions in lane now. However, I would honestly say that no one in the game is op anymore. You simply need to know how to counter pick. Like I said before, for shen a good counter would be ww. For Kassadin, a commonly banned champ, you can pick pantheon to counter him hard. For shaco, you can pick Lee sin. Basically, LoL is all about counter picks, so I don't truly believe in any champ being op anymore. Some are simply better at beating others out of lane. Right now, Shen is good at competing with solo tops, and he has amazing gankability, but does that make him op, no.

The only time in League history that I've seen a champion be truly op was at this time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3DWCGs3Tl8

I don't know that he is overpowered as much as he is wildly obnoxious. Dude can do whatever he wants in lane versus most champions because he has great defense.

Edited by BBQDuck

i have run Shen around and I find he is balanced. The teleportation spell tho doesn't go over well with the opposing side.

Plus his HP definitely works out compared to some of the power houses. Warwick is one champion i could never beat solo, unless there is a vast level difference.

His Q damage with auto combo is a bit too strong... they need to very VERY slightly tweak them both. maybe 10 overall damage on both of them.

I guess you weren't around when Xin Zhao was released.

Been around since Beta, and when Xin Zhao came out, he was pretty messed up, but they fixed him.

Also, even Xin Zhao wasn't that bad. Vladimir was the most op champ I've ever seen when he came out. I would legit go 17 and 1 every game.

Edited by IzualsTorment