Warrior

Ladder locks tomorrow, restarts the following tuesday.

What's your guys thoughts? I personally can't wait for the new season, going to play for GM for the week the ladder opens. I probably won't make it >.> But hey! Worth a try.

I am really getting annoyed by the short ladder seasons to be honest, mostly because I hardly ever have time to ladder so it seems like every time I play a game it's a new season. But good luck on getting GM!

Also annoyed for such small seasons.

This season resolution is getting at an MMR equal to GM players :)

Wait, can someone explain this to me please as I'm relatively new to SC2.

So the ladder closes tomorrow so all of our matches don't count then? Or is it that we have to play placement matches again to find out our new placement for the following season.

Sorry for the noob question guys haha.

Wait, can someone explain this to me please as I'm relatively new to SC2.

So the ladder closes tomorrow so all of our matches don't count then? Or is it that we have to play placement matches again to find out our new placement for the following season.

Sorry for the noob question guys haha.

Short version: You have two ratings, one is your ELO rating which is shown to you when you look at your league and point total. This rating is reset every season. The other rating is hidden and remains the same across seasons. This hidden rating determines your league placement and the skill level of your opponents. Every season you have to play 1 placement match to get placed in your league based on your current hidden rating. Then you gain ELO points by winning games.

Long version: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=195273

Short version: You have two ratings, one is your ELO rating which is shown to you when you look at your league and point total. This rating is reset every season. The other rating is hidden and remains the same across seasons. This hidden rating determines your league placement and the skill level of your opponents. Every season you have to play 1 placement match to get placed in your league based on your current hidden rating. Then you gain ELO points by winning games.

Long version: http://www.teamliqui...topic_id=195273

This! Your ratings will always continue to grow, whether the ladder is locked or not. Just keep playing and winning!!

It is kind of irritating with the short ladder seasons as someone said previously in the thread but I dont exactly mind flushing everything out and starting fresh.