mephistosmark

MephistosMark (Andrew's) Application

• Name:Andrew Cooke
  • Age (minimum 16): My age is 19
  • Gamertags (for all systems you own):Xbox 360- MephistosMark, PC I usually make my name Mephistosmark or ogileboo
  • Do you have access to a computer and e-mail on a daily basis? I have access to the internet all hours of the day (Due to having a smart phone and WiFi on my college campus for my Ipod) I do get on one of my computers everyday too.
  • What are your screen names (all that apply)? (AIM, MSN, Skype, Steam, Xfire) Skype- ogileboo
  • Link to your Twitter page (twitter required): https://twitter.com/#!/AndrewCooke22
  • Link to your Google+ or Facebook page (at least one required): http://www.facebook.com/cookear
  • How frequently do you use Facebook, Twitter, Digg and/or Google+? I will most likely log on to facebook when I am on my computer but at max usually on 4 times a day because I do not like to spend prolonged amount of time on those types of things.
  • How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom? I head about vVv Gaming from my friend Nathan(Tof Zone). We played against a vVv member ( vVv Kraft) in a LoL game and then we checked out the website.
  • Who do you know currently in vVv Gaming? How do you know them?In real life no one but I have been around for this past week playing games with members like Big Papa, Anaxamander, Yesman, Plattypus and a few other who i do not remember at this time.
  • Why are you interested in joining vVv Gaming? I am interested in joining vVv because I feel like I get along with everyone and
  • Adding value is an important aspect of being in vVv Gaming. How will you, personally, add value? I have a positive outlook (most of the time). I am a nice fellow I can usually make so time to help out others if they need me for anything. I am always around because i am a college student and have quite the bit of work to do plus Fraternity things. Even when i am not doing anything but homework i log on to see what is happening with everybody and how they are doing.
  • Are you familiar with vVv's Geek to Me articles and Losers Bracket Podcast? If so, what are some of your favorites and why?No i haven't but i am interested in learning about it.
  • How long have you been playing video games?I have been playing video games since the age of 5 which is 14 years now. It all started when I got the Nintendo 64 for Christmas.
  • How many hours per week do you devote to gaming?To many that i dont even keep count because it ranges from 3 hours a day to 9 hours a day.
  • What’s the hardest game you’ve ever beaten?I have beaten many but I would have to say all of the guild wars games on Hard Mode(which took an extremely long time)
  • What games coming out are you looking forward to play and why? Diablo 3 because ever since my dad showed me the game when i was young I always loved it and I really enjoy playing it. Guild wars 2 because I played the first 4 games and the new game look extremely good. Mass effect 3 for Xbox because this is the best series i have ever play the story line is just fantastic plus the gameplay is different than any other i have played.
  • What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming? I am in a Fraternity (lambda chi alpha), I really enjoying playing sports such as soccer and football.
  • Where do you see yourself next year at this time Hopefully my transfer of colleges will have gone through so I will be studying at Auburn, AL. In the gaming community I hope to be playing Diablo 3, LoL(in a more competitive environment) and Guild wars 2(extremely Competitive).
  • What kind of competitive tournament experience do you have?Running the ladders in guild wars for a year with a good guild.
  • Have you attended any national events (MLG, WCG, CPL)?No but i really wish to get the chance to attend.
  • How long have you been playing competitively? for about 7 years now.
  • What was your best competitive moment? What was your worst?best- when playing guild wars and my guild took 3 place in the world for rankings. Worst- When we lost the tournament to place our guild back to 10th.
  • What do you hope to achieve, competitively\I hope to be in a better environment of game play where everybody can get along and
  • What was your toughest competition?I havent been in any type of competition since guild wars because I really haven't look into it for any other games.
  • How do you see vVv Gaming adding value to you?I feel like the group of people I have been playing with this past week are a really nice group of guys/gals that enjoy gaming in both casual and competitive gaming and I have been looking for a group of people that enjoy it as much as i do. Also I am not the person to rage at people or decline my service of help because i usually can.
  • Do you see yourself as competitive or causal gamer?This really depends on who I am playing with and what we are doing. If I playing with friends it can be casual but i would lean more towards competitive because i am always trying to better myself and always go for the win. Plus competitive is more fun than just playing casual but that is just my look on things.

I also can't wait until D3 comes out.. although reading the latest changes they are still making doesn't make it seem like it will be out anytime soon, sigh. Anyway, good luck with your app and hit me up in game if you ever want to do some ranked queue.

You said that you didn't like raging in your application and you actually meant it-- I have yet to hear you rage on mumble or see you type it in-game. I think that's a great thing! Personally, I get no enjoyment out of hearing someone continually rage about a video game, I realize that sometimes I mess up and whine a bit myself but I really try not to out of respect for my teammates. Also, I find that when you let your emotions take hold of you as sometimes happens, it can be really quite difficult to learn from mistakes that you or your opponents make. Every now and then I try to get a group of people together and not give a f*** about winning or losing, just maximizing our enjoyment of the game by doing silly and sometimes awesome stuff. I hope you continue to maintain your activity with the forums, media, mumble, and game time and look forward to playing with you even more.

Some things happened in the in-house and I'm not sure, as of yet, where that leaves my opinion on this app.

Edited by vVv ShowNoHope

You said that you didn't like raging in your application and you actually meant it-- I have yet to hear you rage on mumble or see you type it in-game. I think that's a great thing! Personally, I get no enjoyment out of hearing someone continually rage about a video game, I realize that sometimes I mess up and whine a bit myself but I really try not to out of respect for my teammates. Also, I find that when you let your emotions take hold of you as sometimes happens, it can be really quite difficult to learn from mistakes that you or your opponents make. Every now and then I try to get a group of people together and not give a f*** about winning or losing, just maximizing our enjoyment of the game by doing silly and sometimes awesome stuff. I hope you continue to maintain your activity with the forums, media, mumble, and game time and look forward to playing with you even more.

it definetly represents him well. He's always in high spirits and a lot of fun to play with. Lots of good laughs with him too!

Gl in your ap buddy!

This guy is really cool. He is my duo partner and from experience I can say the level of skill he brings to the plate is one to be mentioned .

Some things happened in the in-house and I'm not sure, as of yet, where that leaves my opinion on this app.

What happened?

Sorry about that one time The guy on my team was drunk and acting like an idiot I just could not stand him anymore so i said screw it and just waited for it to end. I really do not like raging but I also do not like playing with a drunk person who is talking all high a mighty either. While blaming everything on everyone else. That is what really happened y'all didn't know because y'all where in the other inhouse channel.

Application closed. Applications are closed for the following reasons:

-Requested by applicant

-Inactivity

-Failed to upload a Pic

-Failed to COMPLETELY fill out Forum Personal Profile and "About Me" Page

-Applied to another organization

-Inappropriate conduct

Please contact me or staff if you feel this has been done in error. If you do not contact staff within 3 days, this application will be filed away as "Closed/Not Admitted."

Thank You.

Edited by vVv Plattypus