wtbGTC

wtbGTC's Application

-Name: Keegan O'Connell

-What is your in game name: wtbGTC.377

-Link to your Twitter page (twitter required): https://twitter.com/...!/howdoiprofile

-Link to your Google+ or Facebook page (at least one required): https://www.facebook...hp?id=503410437

-How frequently do you use Facebook, Twitter, Digg and/or Google+? Out of all the social medial outlets I use Facebook the most. I never found a need for twitter but because of it's advertising and publicity potential I would easily make more use of it should I have a reason to, *cough*. With that said, I use Facebook multiple times a day.

-How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom? I've known about vVv Gaming for a while but really payed them attention when I saw a player named vVvTime streaming. I'm aware that he is no longer part of the team but to have had a player like that on the roster I knew that there were good things to be had elsewhere as well. I was in a conversation with an in-game buddy, bzkprime, and he suggested that I take the time to look you guys up again. That was a few days ago and since then I've been doing my best to catch up on the community news, not just in starcraft but vVv esports as a whole.

-Who do you know currently in vVv Gaming? How do you know them? I'm extremely new to the community and I've not quite developed any best-friend-type bonds, although I'm sure that will happen soon :P. I'm in the pub channel looking for games all the time though. I think I'll start bringing cookies to assist in my quest for friendship.

-Why you are interested in joining vVv Gaming? First and foremost my goal is to become a member of a gaming community that is more than just a fancy name. I want to progress as a player as much as possible but at the same time I feel satisfied being able to assist somebody in reaching their goals. The abundance of good players and good attitudes makes me feel that there will be plenty opportunity for me to be satisfied.

-Adding value is an important aspect of being in vVv Gaming. How will you, personally, add value? I'm an opinionated person but not to the point of absurdity. I can add to any discussion and prefer to have my facts as strait as possible before telling things to other people. I also love to help, whether it being target practice for a pro build or yelling at a silver league to spend his money. I'm aware that being a contributing member of any community doesn't have to involve being the best so I do my part like anybody else.

-Are you familiar with vVv's Geek to Me articles and Losers Bracket Podcast? If so, what some of your favorites and why? I've only listened to one Losers Bracket cast so far and am going to check out the most recent tonight. It was a good episode for me to hear though, honestly. A few years ago when I was big into Street Fighter I would watch Spooky stream and the man has a passion for his scene, that's for sure. I'm biased for my branch of esports(starcraft/pc gaming) but I remember what it was like going to Street Fighter events and the attitudes of everybody there. Anything to merge the fruits of the MLG/major circuits with the raw passion and vibe of the fighter community would make me happy.

-How long have you been playing video games? The age that sticks out in my head is 3. Started on the NES playing Mario and through the years I progressed from system to system. My last adventure with console gaming was Halo 2 in.. 2005 I think it was. At the start of 2006 I picked up pc gaming as my main outlet and have been here ever since. So yea, I've been around a while and it doesn't look like I'll be leaving any time soon.

-How many hours per week do you devote to gaming? 2-3 minimum daily x7 takes us to about 21 give or take say.. 5. Why 5? I don't know it seems like a good number. So we're at 16-26 minimum. I'm not working much at the moment so might as well double that until I get a visit from the job fairy :P

-What current division are you in and how many points do you have? As of Jan 16.. Diamond Protoss rank 4, 545 points. Playing masters frequently. http://us.battle.net...19415/1/wtbGTC/

-Do you see yourself as competitive or causal gamer? I'm not good enough to consider myself competitive. I do, however, wish to become good so that I can compete in one form or another. I do play z33k tournaments when I remember to check the updates, although it's nothing brag worthy. I'll get there eventually :).

-What games coming out are you looking forward to play and why? Mass Effect 3 is the only game that I'm actually excited about. I really enjoyed the story line and can't wait to see how everything turns out. I would love to say HOTS but without more information on the extra units I can't quite be happy yet.

-What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming? I'm a pretty relaxed individual nowadays. I follow the MMA scene and try to catch the live events when I remember. The area that I live in doesn't have too much to do when it's not summer (I'm close to Emerald Isle NC). I like losing money to pool sharks and drinking beer that people are unfamiliar with, http://www.flickr.co...12806/lightbox/ is an example. Sooo good.

-Where do you see yourself next year at this time? In game: High masters baby! OOG: Good question, probably moving to WV with my lady.

-You are expected to add 3 Vs to your battle.net ID in front of your alias if accepted. I'd love to change my name and hopefully vVv gives me a reason to do so!

Thanks for taking the time to check out my app! If you have any questions feel free to message me on here, in game, or via skype. Skype: wtbGTC/Keegan O'Connell. And last, as token of good will.. pancakes.

bg-portait1-300x236.jpg

I was just about to poke fun at fox because of their first show but the card looks really good. Hopefully they get strait to it instead of feeding me an hour of emotional sob stories...

Good Luck man. I will be checking up on your progress and don't feel shy to hit me up on SC2. I am vVvFearful.330 I am a diamond zerg and starting to go against master players, so hopefully, I'll keep going up that road.

hey man, i see you in chat all the time. Good luck on your app and if you want some in game practice hit me up... i'm always in chat if i'm on

Thanks for applying to vVv!

Most of our active members get on Mumble regularly. The best way to get to know other community members is to join them. You can download mumble from:

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

After you download and install mumble, you can configure it using this guide:

http://www.vvv-gamin...-set-up-mumble/

Next you should visit our member's page and follow on twitter (at a minimum) all staff and SC2 players. This will give you an idea of what we have going on and will show you how we use social media. The staff page can be found here:

http://www.vvv-gamin...v-members-list/

Having trouble finding a practice partner? We have community practice nights every Sunday and Monday night at 8 PM EST. Everyone from the community is invited to join us and you are guaranteed to at least be able to spectate some of our sponsored players practice games.

Finally, you can usually find our members on battle.net in the "vVv" chatroom.

We encourage you to stay active on our forums. Having trouble with a build when no one is on? Something interesting happened while you were playing a game? Make it to the semifinals of a tournament? Write a post about it! Also feel free to browse our other game forums and even general discussion areas and feel free to post or comment on anything that interests you. We especially like to see quality posts instead of one-word or one-line posts with no real content that don't add anything to the conversation.

To give you an idea of our mindset and approach to gaming, I encourage you to read the following two articles:

http://blogs.redeyec...ersus_amateurs/

http://www.sirlin.ne...win-part-1.html

Finally, to learn more about vVv Gaming you should look around this page:

http://www.vvv-gamin...out-vvv-gaming/

Good luck with your application and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for this and thanks for the practice!

No problem. I needed the practice too lol. But let's do it again. I need to get used to the more aggressive protoss player.

Social media is very important way to add value as a vVv member, and Twitter usage is required if you want to be a part of vVv Gaming. We ask that you retweet some type of vVv news at least once a day. Twitter is a great social media tool. Twitter is a great way to tell people about what has your attention. Every vVv forum thread has a share feature that allows you to automatically tweet topics you find interesting. Be sure to synchronize your Twitter account with your vVv forum profile, as it will make this easier.

When retweeting about vVv, your tweets can be about the the new losers bracket for the week, or about one of our player's placing at an event or if vVv picks up a new team or player. It could even be about how vVv has a new content or a new stream page. Most of the tweets from vVv's official page has some of the best stuff to retweet. When you are retweeting to your followers, please DO NOT spam retweets. When we say spam, we mean don't retweet every single thing from the vVv official twitter page, especially right in a row.. This is a quick way to get your application closed and your Twitter stream blocked by your followers. You don't like when you get spam in your e-mail or anywhere else, so don't do it on Twitter. Make sure you don't just retweet, but also tell people what has your attention.

If you are not very familiar with Twitter or just starting out, don't worry its easy to use. Simply go to vVv's official twitter page, then look at one of the tweets on the page. Try and find something newer and something you think people want to know. Now look for "Retweet" and just click it. Please remember that spamming retweets WILL NOT help in your chance of joining vVv Gaming.

Here is a list of the Twitter accounts you NEED to follow.

http://www.twitter.com/vVv_Gaming

http://www.twitter.com/losersbracket

You should also follow vVv members, staff, and other applicants. This will help you connect to more gamers, get more news, learn more about our members and read what has their attention.

The first that I think of is Sierra Nevada pale. The choice isn't quite as hipster/underground as I made myself out to seem previously but it's damn good! There is a winery not too far from me that takes custom orders so if you have any suggestions I'm interested.

Twitter is a work in progress. If I had more followers I'd post more of my nonsense but as it is most of my stuff just gets fed back to vVv related accounts, or so I think... It's getting there though.

Thanks for the feedback and I'll try to improve on the social media!

The first that I think of is Sierra Nevada pale. The choice isn't quite as hipster/underground as I made myself out to seem previously but it's damn good! There is a winery not too far from me that takes custom orders so if you have any suggestions I'm interested.

Twitter is a work in progress. If I had more followers I'd post more of my nonsense but as it is most of my stuff just gets fed back to vVv related accounts, or so I think... It's getting there though.

Thanks for the feedback and I'll try to improve on the social media!

No worries! Hipsters are overrated. Besides, He'Brew was just too good, so I think it was a wise choice on the really funny side of micros.

This may help with social media:

Good luck!

@sugar: I looked on the stores site and they did not have any of their products listed. You'd think it'd be easy to remember a single drink from over a year ago! I'll keep this question in my backpocket and get you the goods when I have more info.

played a few games, watched a few with wtbGTC and his gameplay was definitely good, was fun watching and playing against him. Had a great mentality throughout each and every game... Hope you get in bud. More games too!

Hey dude, this is me checking up on you. You are about halfway through the application process. You are active and we love that. So, I can't wait to see you during your pre-interview. Keep up the good work (: and let's game again sometime.