Daniel Caldwell

ThAltAccount's Application

• Name (ie Jonathan Ramirez): Daniel Caldwell
  • Age (minimum 16): 19
  • What is your in game name (ie vVvRoar.873): ThAltAccount.688
  • Link to your Twitter page (twitter required): http://twitter.com/#!/MvPlotus
  • Link to your MySpace or Facebook page (at least one required): http://www.facebook.com/butsects (lol)
  • How frequently do you use Facebook, Twitter, Digg and/or MySpace? I use Facebook daily and Twitter frequently during tournaments.
  • How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom? I've always known about vVv, but hadn't considered joining until I recently got quite serious in becoming a competitive player. Also, I met vVvPractice(Diety) on the ladder and after chatting with him for a bit it confirmed my want to join vVv.
  • Who do you know currently in vVv Gaming? How do you know them? I know Practice and AKidNamedOmni (he's pretty gosu)
  • Why you are interested in joining vVv Gaming? I wanted to become a better player, and to do that I know I have to surround myself with other like minded individuals to create a conducive enviroment for becoming a better player.
  • Adding value is an important aspect of being in vVv Gaming. How will you, personally, add value? Hmm, this is a little tricky since Value its a pretty vague term, but as a player I have a very strong understanding of Starcraft's Metagame, Game Design, and overall a strong ability to provide information from games. I'm also very excited to potentially join a clan as serious and competitive as vVv, I feel I could be a very strong practice partner until my mechanics come into their own.
  • Are you familiar with vVv's Geek to Me articles and Losers Bracket Podcast? If so, what some of your favorites and why? I am not, but if I were to join the clan I would definitely check out most of the content created for the website.
  • How long have you been playing video games? Ooooh boy, since I was maybe four years old.
  • How many hours per week do you devote to gaming? I play anywhere from 4-10 hours a day, most of it spent either laddering or on TeamLiquid.
  • What current division are you in and how many points do you have? I am Currently In Diamond League, Rank 2, with 969 (teehee) points. [i know I said I wouldn't submit until rank1 but I got antsy :c]
  • Do you see yourself as competitive or causal gamer? Very competitive, I've palyed competitive games for about 7 years of my life now, Starting with Dota, then moving onto HoN, and then Sc2.
  • What games coming out are you looking forward to play and why? Each and every Sc2 expansion, Dota2 (the game is like my baby, Ive played it since it's very first version - and to see it finally become it's own game made by such a great developer brings tears to my eyes), and maybe Diablo3 if it's not just WoW2.0
  • What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming? Outside of gaming.. I used to play Ice Hockey until my ice rink collapsed from a snow storm.
  • Where do you see yourself next year at this time? Rank 1 Masters and Hopefully part of vVv. And 2 years from now, I see myself in a training house, THERE IS NO END TO MY PASSION!

LOL @ that picture!

Thanks for applying to vVv!

Most of our active members get on Mumble regularly. The best way to get to know other community members is to join them. You can download mumble from:

After you download and install mumble, you can configure it using this guide:

http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topic/51755-guide-how-to-set-up-mumble/

Next you should visit our member's page and follow on twitter (at a minimum) all staff and SC2 players. This will give you an idea of what we have going on and will show you how we use social media. The staff page can be found here:

Having trouble finding a practice partner? We have community practice nights every Sunday and Monday night at 8 PM EST. Everyone from the community is invited to join us and you are guaranteed to at least be able to spectate some of our sponsored players practice games.

Finally, you can usually find our members on battle.net in the "vVv" chatroom.

We encourage you to stay active on our forums. Having trouble with a build when no one is on? Something interesting happened while you were playing a game? Make it to the semifinals of a tournament? Write a post about it! Also feel free to browse our other game forums and even general discussion areas and feel free to post or comment on anything that interests you. We especially like to see quality posts instead of one-word or one-line posts with no real content that don't add anything to the conversation.

To give you an idea of our mindset and approach to gaming, I encourage you to read the following two articles:

http://blogs.redeyechicago.com/geek-to-me/2009/10/13/gamer_tuesday_pros_versus_amateurs/

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

Finally, to learn more about vVv Gaming you should look around this page:

Good luck with your application and enjoy your stay!

Met this guy on ladder.... seems to be a good guy... GL man stay active.

Edited by vVv KushDoctor

Meet this guy on ladder.... seems to be a good guy... GL man stay active.

Who won :verymad:

Regardless, good luck on the app. Hit me up ingame if you ever want to play or want some protoss coaching. Stay active on social media!

Edited by vVv Yezman