Avii

Avii's Officer Application!

• Name: Avii
  • Age (minimum 16): 21
  • What is your in game name (ie vVvRoar.873): vVvAvii
  • Link to your Twitter page (twitter required): http://twitter.com/#...!/JustinGillies
  • Link to your MySpace or Facebook page (at least one required): http://www.facebook....hp?id=773115531
  • How frequently do you use Facebook, Twitter, Digg and/or MySpace? I use em everyday!
  • How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom? I heard about you guys from the Rift Beta. Doom scooped me up randomly and here I am.
  • Who do you know currently in vVv Gaming? How do you know them? I know most of the players who were on the Rift guild.
  • Why you are interested in joining vVv Gaming? Becoming an officer will challenge me to be a better player and guild mate.
  • Adding value is an important aspect of being in vVv Gaming. How will you, personally, add value? I'm entertaining and endearing (to most) and I have a vast knowledge of mmos.
  • Are you familiar with vVv's Geek to Me articles and Losers Bracket Podcast? If so, what some of your favorites and why? I enjoy both projects. Geek to Me is a great way to catch up on gaming news and industry trends. While LB gives me insight into e-sports that I never had before.
  • How long have you been playing video games? Since I could hold a gameboy and Dr Mario.
  • How many hours per week do you devote to gaming? As many as I can spare.
  • What current division are you in and how many points do you have? I am in the MMO Division and I have no clue how many points I have... :D
  • Do you see yourself as competitive or causal gamer? I am a hybrid, but slowly I am turning more competitive.
  • What games coming out are you looking forward to play and why? I am looking forward to SWTOR, GW2, Xcom, Skyward Sword and SKYRIM!!!!
  • What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming? I am a nut for reading comics and books, but I also am an avid board gamer (rpgs, tabletop minis, card games, etc).
  • Where do you see yourself next year at this time? Working to get into the video game industry. I ultimately want to be an ambassador for a developer to the gaming community. So something with marketing or perhaps even a community director.

I have three qualities that I think make me a great potential officer. First, I know how when it is time to have fun and when it is time to buckle down and get to work. Secondly, I always want to learn. I want to learn about how to properly motivate players during pvp and raid situations. My final quality is that I am a team player. I personally want to make sure that people are having a great time both in game and on the vVv site. I want to help build a strong community to be prepared for whatever challenges SWTOR or GW2 throws at us.

There are three duties that I believe a officer performs. The first duty is that they are to be the personification of the guild's ideals. When other guilds think of vVv, the officers should be the first examples in their heads. The second duty is that officers are to be bridge for the players and executives. If the guild leader wants a message passed down, it's the officer job to make sure everyone get the message. Yet the officers also are the voices of the members in the guild meetings. The final duty of the officer is that they are there to keep guild morale up. They do this by being entertaining, teaching skills to players and solving inner guild conflicts.

Edited by vVv Avii

Perhaps I have different views on what an officer are, but I belive you are slightly off. My view is that an officer (for an MMO) is one who takes a management position within the guild. They are the go-to person for anything from organization of events, running said events, inter-guild conflict, and intra-guild conflict, etc. As you said, they deal between the guild leader and others, but they tend to take care of a lot on their own. A good officer will settle conflicts, schedule events, and execute a lot of tasks in place of the leader.

What you believe as your qualities for an officer are good, and are what people should want to do, but usually just as a player in the guild. To be an officer, your views should shift a bit. (the first point is good, so i will leave it at that) for the second, it is good to learn, but you need to know how to lead people to be an officer. This can be done via training and listening/watching others. This is something that you may need to do as you progress to become an officer. For your third quality, its great you are a team player, but we kinda want that from everyone. As an officer, you need to be a team LEADER. You need to inspire others to rally behind you and the guild, and when its go time, keep a level head and demand their attention. Communication is good, but many times it breaks into random cheers/yelling etc. and you need to be able to deal with it and keep players focused.

I hope this doesn't feel like an attack, it is merely criticism from how I view things.

For referance: I have around a year of officer experience from my DAoC days. First as an officer of Advocates of Merlin (a 20-35 man guild: I focused on smaller events, guild peace, and some RvR) and then with Circle of Elders (at the time 100+ members strong, largest guild on Albion / Merlin Server. I focused on guild relationships both internal and external along with participating (and running) large scale RvR/PvE. Some events I ran were 100+ players large from Trials of Atlantis to The Frontiers, events that would take up to 6 hours some nights.)

Edited by vVv Blazek

Perhaps I have different views on what an officer are, but I belive you are slightly off. My view is that an officer (for an MMO) is one who takes a management position within the guild. They are the go-to person for anything from organization of events, running said events, inter-guild conflict, and intra-guild conflict, etc. As you said, they deal between the guild leader and others, but they tend to take care of a lot on their own. A good officer will settle conflicts, schedule events, and execute a lot of tasks in place of the leader.

O this I totally get my friend. I know officers are management, I was just looking for different qualities to state. I have been an officer in a few guilds, some rp (WoW) and some pvp (Ragnarok Online), so I understand that you gotta be able to take charge as well.

What you believe as your qualities for an officer are good, and are what people should want to do, but usually just as a player in the guild. To be an officer, your views should shift a bit. (the first point is good, so i will leave it at that) for the second, it is good to learn, but you need to know how to lead people to be an officer. This can be done via training and listening/watching others. This is something that you may need to do as you progress to become an officer. For your third quality, its great you are a team player, but we kinda want that from everyone. As an officer, you need to be a team LEADER. You need to inspire others to rally behind you and the guild, and when its go time, keep a level head and demand their attention. Communication is good, but many times it breaks into random cheers/yelling etc. and you need to be able to deal with it and keep players focused.

I do have experience in leading others (football and rugby captain), just not on a grand scale like a pve raid. Though I was able to lead plenty of successful WoE nights in Ragnarok. I am a leader just a different style of leader. I lead with just non stop energy and enthusiasm. Case in point, back when in football I got nailed badly in the knee and couldn't play for the rest of the game. Yet even on the side lines I was there limping down the side lines whipping the troops into a frenzy. I even got the our side of crowd into a frenzy. Usually after ever game my voice would be gone, mainly because I would be constantly cheering or barking orders at the defensive and offensive line (my specialty). Yes I am aware that focus and precision is key but ultimately it's not my style. The guild will have plenty of focused officers but I believe it also needs the "megaphone" sort of officer and that role I know I can fit.

Congratulations! After reviewing your application, posts, social media activity and reviewing feedback from staff and community, I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected for an interview!

LordJerith covers every link in this thread during the interview, so READ THIS CAREFULLY!

Please PM me which day and time work for you. Interviews last 45 minutes.

LordJerith conducts interviews Tuesday-Thursday between 7 and 9PM CST and Sundays 5PM-7PM. He can make exceptions, but please try and make yourself available during these times.

Please schedule your interview with him through his calendar: tungle.me/lordjerith

Congrats! Come Prepared!

Congratulations bro! One of the few vVv members who follows me on twitter. I can see him doing a great job. Overall, he deserves this!

Edited by Apple iLy

Guild Officer Applications are based on the following:

activity in-game and on Mumble
    social media use
    contribution to our SWTOR recruitment post on SWTOR forums
    forum activity on both vVv and SWTOR
    demonstrated leadership ability by recruiting players who are promoted to guild rank "member" or above

Please speak to me on Mumble when you feel you are ready to be an officer.

After Review of your application and activity. There are several things that require attention:

Your Twitter link is INVALID

You need to bump, discuss, and answer questions in our recruitment thread more often.

Your forum activity needs to see some great improvement

Your recruiting in-game needs improvement.

Please review these and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me via mumble or PM here on the forums.

Thank you.

Application closed. Applications are closed for the following reasons:

-Requested by applicant

-Inactivity

-Failed to upload a Pic

-Failed to COMPLETELY fill out Forum Personal Profile and "About Me" Page

-Applied to another organization

-Inappropriate conduct

Please contact me or staff if you feel this has been done in error. If you do not contact staff within 3 days, this application will be filed away as "Closed/Not Admitted."

Thank You,