Sign in to follow this  
Plattypus

ThePlattypus Application

Hey guys, I would just like to say I am glad I stumbled onto this gem of a forum, and I hope whether or not I get a team, I can learn something from this site. :yahoo_mini:

Name: Jason Platt

Age (minimum 16): 19

Gamertags (for all systems you own):

PC: ThePlattypus Xbox 360 ( never on it ): ThePlattypus

Do you have access to a computer and e-mail on a daily basis? Yes

What are your screen names (all that apply)? (AIM, MSN, Skype, Steam, Xfire)

Link to your Twitter page (twitter required): /ThePlattypus (note: just restored my old twitter, never really used it, so there will be some changes to it)

Link to your MySpace or Facebook page (at least one required): facebook.com/theplattypus

How frequently do you use Facebook, Twitter, Digg and/or MySpace? facebook daily, twitter hardly, digg now and again

How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom? googled " how to get into competitive gaming "

::EDIT::

Read an article about someone's story getting into competitive SOCOM through vVv

Who do you know currently in vVv Gaming? How do you know them? I don't think I know anyone on here.

Why are you interested in joining vVv Gaming? I want to break into competitive gaming, or at the very least learn how to become better at the games I play in the teamwork sense.

Adding value is an important aspect of being in vVv Gaming. How will you, personally, add value? I would refer people, donate/buy merch, and contribute whatever knowledge I have that is relevant on the forums.

Are you familiar with vVv's Geek to Me articles and Losers Bracket Podcast? If so, what are some of your favorites and why? I am actually not familiar.

How long have you been playing video games? 14+ years

How many hours per week do you devote to gaming? Depending on the week, 15-30

What’s the hardest game you’ve ever beaten? I don't usually play linear games, but Pokemon or Metroid Prime are the top two.

What games coming out are you looking forward to play and why? Diablo 3, love the series, Skyrim, love the series, SWG EMU ( a remake of Star Wars Galaxies still in beta, would love to play it for the crafting ).

What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming? My girlfriend, music, work, college, painting...a smattering of a lot of things I guess.

Where do you see yourself next year at this time? Still in college, still working, only difference is my girlfriend would be living with me.

What kind of competitive tournament experience do you have? Nothing in the video game world, but I was a damn good wrestler, won a few tournaments, placed in several more, same with football.

Have you attended any national events (MLG, WCG, CPL)? I have not.

How long have you been playing competitively? I have been trying to get into competition, but it is hard to find like-minded people whom I can work with.

What was your best competitive moment? What was your worst? My best competitive moment ( in video games ) was getting my team organized after 2 disconnects, and carrying back a 3v5 victory in League of Legends. In Wrestling, it had to have been watching the only people to beat me through the season make it to New Englands ( I live in Mass, the tournament bracket goes Sectionals-States-All-States-New Englands-Nationals ). My worst moment had to have been when I was promised a position on a team, then had the man waste 2 months of my time to ignore me in the virtual world, with his only response being that he was better than me....

What do you hope to achieve, competitively? I have dreams of going far, but realistically I just want a group of people that I can game with regularly in some tournaments for respect, if I ever make any money it would be a bonus.

What was your toughest competition? All States in Wrestling. 16/150+ competitors in the state made it to the final bracket. Toughest of the tough, fittest of the fit. I had to wrestle against someone who made it to New Englands, and the top seed.

How do you see vVv Gaming adding value to you? May be I can meet some people that can show me the ropes, or just game with me in a friendly environment.

Do you see yourself as competitive or causal gamer? I play all the time, but I don't feel my friends want to be as competitive as me.

----

I hope my answers were suitable? If not, then I will gladly provide more information.

Edited by ThePlattypus

Welcome to vVv Gaming! Enjoy your visits to our forum and our website. If you have any any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me or any of the vVv Staff members (easily recognized by their gold or purple color in our shoutbox). Make sure to connect with as many vVv members as possible, start gaming with them and get to know the community. Once again, thank you for registering on our site, and we hope to see much more of you!

Also, please upload a personal photo and fill out your forum personal profile and "About Me" Page COMPLETELY. (Go to My Controls, then Personal Profile section). Here at vVv, we like to know our members!

Along with that, we would like you to subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter! You can find all the links and info here:

An important way to stay active is to be sure that you do the following:

If you have any questions, please contact an available staff member, feel free to send me a Private Message through our forums or you can post here: http://vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?showforum=323.

vVv Gaming is about being active and its members adding value. If you don't have time to add value to vVv-Gaming by activity, gfx, or other ways, we have one convenient way to add value: http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31340

Don't forget to checkout all the topics above the shoutbox. They contain important news and information.

Again, Welcome!

Seems cool, has hung out in the stream chat and watched me stream in the am a few times. Looking forward to seeing you around and good luck on your app.

Seen this guy in game and being very active, played a few with him as well. I think he would represent vVv well!

(In case you were wondering...STAMP OF APPROVAL™)

I don't know why this app is so dead! Good player, fun to play with, kows what he is doing ... not only this .. but he is on a lot and always playing! I SAY YES TO THE DRESS!

Good luck, since I haven't said this before :P

Edited by vVv Spike

I agree with Asylum, he knows at least a handful of people in vVv now and he would represent vVv Gaming very well. He is an insightful and adaptable player in League of Legends and has no problem giving suggestions or friendly advice without issue.

Congratulations! After reviewing your application, posts, social media activity and reviewing feedback from staff and community, I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected for an interview!

LordJerith covers every link in this thread during the interview, so READ THIS CAREFULLY!

Please PM me which day and time work for you. Interviews last 45 minutes.

LordJerith conducts interviews Tuesday-Thursday between 7 and 9PM CST and Sundays 5PM-7PM. He can make exceptions, but please try and make yourself available during these times.

Please schedule your interview with him through his calendar: tungle.me/lordjerith

Congrats! Come Prepared!

gratz! Couldn't agree more with spike and vagrance! Even though i don't play much lol, he still played with me and it was a great time. Gave good suggestions and didn't comment on my noobiness even though it was really obvious!

Good luck in your interview!!

Thanks for all the support guys, I feel great going into this interview, and it's all because of you guys =).

Silly supyttalPehT. :P Good luck,