vVv RobZ

I messed up

After I get home from a long day of both work and school I rush to my computer to log on rift. I'm then hit by an hour long queue. After that's finally over, I log in and queue for warfronts only to find my team getting beaten because some jackass is botting. This isn't just one warfront it happens often in a night and can grind my gears like none other. I'm sure many others have similar stories to tell.

With that being said, I don't have many kind words to say about botters. However, vVv is a community that streatches outside of the game. And one of the goals is to educate. I think he should be let back in. Robz, next time you want to take the easy route think about the others you may be dicking over.

Gotta say it's pretty cheap and I really didn't expect it from you. If you were just using the bot to keep yourself from going afk and logging out, BFD. That however is not the case. You were joining war fronts manually, then botting in them, full well knowing that we just had that big stink with that lameira/shakeweighting guy over it a day or two before. I was under the impression that we were supposed to be better than that. If all that goes on here is cheating and backwards mobility to win or advance, I'm not sure it's something I want to be part of. Please don't insult our intelligence and say you didn't know it was wrong or that you wouldn't think the guild would care.

We're only 8 days into release and this is the third person kicked for this BS that I'm aware of. Maybe with your history in vVv and how many people vouch for you, a second chance is warranted, but if it doesn't stop here, where does it stop? You may be a nice guy, everyone's buddy, and a vVv member, but IMO that means we should expect more from you, not less.

Im sure you understand whats wrong about this. At least you admit it, I forgive you. However its not my decision bud, good luck :)

Gotta say it's pretty cheap and I really didn't expect it from you. If you were just using the bot to keep yourself from going afk and logging out, BFD. That however is not the case. You were joining war fronts manually, then botting in them, full well knowing that we just had that big stink with that lameira/shakeweighting guy over it a day or two before. I was under the impression that we were supposed to be better than that. If all that goes on here is cheating and backwards mobility to win or advance, I'm not sure it's something I want to be part of. Please don't insult our intelligence and say you didn't know it was wrong or that you wouldn't think the guild would care.

We're only 8 days into release and this is the third person kicked for this BS that I'm aware of. Maybe with your history in vVv and how many people vouch for you, a second chance is warranted, but if it doesn't stop here, where does it stop? You may be a nice guy, everyone's buddy, and a vVv member, but IMO that means we should expect more from you, not less.

Bold: I never said that, I admitted my mistake and I'm taking the blame.

There's a difference in admitting you were wrong and changing your actions AFTER you're caught than having the decency, self respect and pride in your guild to not go there in the first place. I'm not saying you're evil, and should be shunned from the community, or not even given a second chance. Like I said, you've been a member how long? The standards bar has to be higher for you, not lower.

Edited by vVv Namorah

He deserves a second chance, he fucked up. He shouldn't have done it, but I don't agree with kicking out a member of vVv who has dedicated three years without giving him another chance. Put him on probation or some stupid thing. My personal opinion...

Well I am sure I will take some heat from you guys. I am the one that 'reported' him to one of the Leaders/Officers, letting them know he was botting in warfronts. I ended up in three warfronts with him botting (reported him to a vVv Leader/Officer the second time, he was guildless the third time). I did not spam chat or say anything in chat about him botting and being in vVv or anything like that, as I believe that it would just create useless drama. (At this time, I was not a part of vVv Gaming)

I chose to track down a member of authority within vVv Gaming and spoke to them about what he was doing. I know some of you think it is wrong for him to be booted instantly on his offense. So think of it this way... While he had the <vVv Gaming> tag under his name, he was bringing some very negative attention to the Guild and Community as a whole. I do think that it was the proper action to remove him from the guild at that time (remove his association with the Guild). As I am sure, vVv Gaming does not want the kind of negative attention botting can bring about. (Now this does not mean I condone people leaving to bot, then getting re-invited after they bot, as some can view it this way).

Whether that be a permanent or temporary removal, that is left up to the Officers and such. This decision, in my opinion, should be based on his past history with the guild/community. It looks as though some members are torn between giving him a second chance and just saying bye to him. From what some of you have said, he has been with the Community for a long time. This can be a double edged knife though. Meaning, he has been with the Community long enough to know that he should not be botting, but also it means he has the dedication to stick with one group/community of people (through thick and thin I would imagine). Which to me, dedication is a very important thing. (I hate guild hoppers LoL)

What you need to ask yourselves (in my opinion) is whether his exploits (the good kind) outweigh this single botting incident. If they do...then give him another chance. If they don't....well you know.

Since I am a very new member, I do not feel I have the right to say yes or no to giving him a second chance, especially since I do not know him personally. I just wanted to give you my view on things as I see them. I do feel, as other people stated, that people do deserve a second chance. BUT these second chances should be made known that they are not guaranteed and will be reviewed on a case to case basis. If you just let people have a second chance without laying down the law, people will go buck wild knowing that it's okay because they will get a second chance.

Edited by Famine

Well I am sure I will take some heat from you guys. I am the one that 'reported' him to one of the Leaders/Officers, letting them know he was botting in warfronts. I ended up in three warfronts with him botting (reported him to a vVv Leader/Officer the second time, he was guildless the third time). I did not spam chat or say anything in chat about him botting and being in vVv or anything like that, as I believe that it would just create useless drama. (At this time, I was not a part of vVv Gaming)

I chose to track down a member of authority within vVv Gaming and spoke to them about what he was doing. I know some of you think it is wrong for him to be booted instantly on his offense. So think of it this way... While he had the <vVv Gaming> tag under his name, he was bringing some very negative attention to the Guild and Community as a whole. I do think that it was the proper action to remove him from the guild at that time (remove his association with the Guild). As I am sure, vVv Gaming does not want the kind of negative attention botting can bring about. (Now this does not mean I condone people leaving to bot, then getting re-invited after they bot, as some can view it this way).

Whether that be a permanent or temporary removal, that is left up to the Officers and such. This decision, in my opinion, should be based on his past history with the guild/community. It looks as though some members are torn between giving him a second chance and just saying bye to him. From what some of you have said, he has been with the Community for a long time. This can be a double edged knife though. Meaning, he has been with the Community long enough to know that he should not be botting, but also it means he has the dedication to stick with one group/community of people (through thick and thin I would imagine). Which to me, dedication is a very important thing. (I hate guild hoppers LoL)

What you need to ask yourselves (in my opinion) is whether his exploits (the good kind) outweigh this single botting incident. If they do...then give him another chance. If they don't....well you know.

Since I am a very new member, I do not feel I have the right to say yes or no to giving him a second chance, especially since I do not know him personally. I just wanted to give you my view on things as I see them. I do feel, as other people stated, that people do deserve a second chance. BUT these second chances should be made known that they are not guaranteed and will be reviewed on a case to case basis. If you just let people have a second chance without laying down the law, people will go buck wild knowing that it's okay because they will get a second chance.

To be honest it doesn't matter who reported him, botting is botting and in most cases its "you botted, see ya"

But obviously this isn't most cases, which is why there is so much discussion on it. Giving him a second chance isn't putting out the message that everyone gets one, that much is obvious as we have already kicked several botters and people that dont log in for 7 days. (we had 300 ppl ffs, do anything wrong and we will boot) But special cases happen regardless of what rules are in place, and that is the reason for this topic.

I must say i am split on this one, Rob has been with vVv for a very long time, but this in my eyes should mean that Rob knows what vVv expects from all its members. Then theres the part of me that thinks that the amount of dedication Rob has shown to vVv in the past makes him eligible for a second chance.

This is a very hard decision for anyone to make but i think my vote would go with not re-inviting him to the guild.

I think that we need to make an example to show this kind of behavior isn't expectable and i think that now is the time we need to do this keeping one person in down to them being a previous vVv member i just don't think this is how it should work being a previous vVv member means he should know what we expect from members. i would be more inclined to give someone new to vVv a second chance as they are not aware of the standards of gaming we expect.

I'm sorry that this is how i feel Rob is a good guy but his time with vVv should mean he should not be given a second chance.

I would not give any heat for reporting it. It should have been reported, I don't see Rob making excuses for his actions being valid. Again at times I think you have to look at somones whole body of work. Again.... not ok with botting and am really surprised this happened from this particular member. I still think he has a lot to add for vVv in the future moving forward.