Feral

Favorite Class combo and Why

for my warrior, my ungrouped ( late night or "too low level " ) combo was

champion/beastmaster

fun to aoe with a 2h weapon and do some nice dmg to a group of mobs...

other than that, i was tanking

My personal favourite is my solo build. The Elementalist/Stormcaller. With this build I have Greater elementals taking the aggro and depending on the pull and mob I have a wide variety of spells to work with. Got melee guy getting too close? Knock him back with electrocute and freeze him in place for my pet to smack around. Pulled too many gangs at once? Well throw down a burning ground and spam forked lightning. My main issue is when my pet dies. I go down fast, but that rarely happens.

inquisitor / cabalist / warden

Whit that i can drop a single target before he touch me and if i pull multiple mob i can kill them all fast whit cabalist and be at 75%+ life after and whit the free HoT from warden i never stop to drink or heal i just keep killing stuff really efficient for lvl'ing.

I was playing 36 Shaman/14 Justicar/6 Druid and it was extremely powerful for questing, soloing, dpsing rifts, and dueling.

You have insane survivability, having the Chain armor, 2 different protective shields (at 42, they collectively absorbed 1500 damage), massive damage output, and many different sources of healing (11% of all of your damage was converted to healing, you have Faerie heal, you have a reactive non-GCD heal, you have the Druid heal on a CD, you have the Justicar heal that required Conviction charges). Incredible setup.

I played around with druid with something like 38 Druid/11 Justicar/7 Shaman and it just didn't feel right. The rotation was awkward and too much emphasis was placed on your pet.

I never tried Inquisitor or Cabalist. I hate playing DPS casters (despite my love for playing healer).

For Healing, I preferred Warden-heavy builds. I could never really get into the groove of Purifier- or Sentinel-heavy builds, the playstyle just didn't work for me. I loved the mobility of Warden. The healing output of it is phenomenal, too. For Sentinel, you're so limited by your casting speeds, and have to pray for Crits in order to get Serendipity procs in order to get that boost in output and mobility. For Purifier, it's a bit better with some of the shielding abilities, but it's a similar story.

I had 38 Warden/18 Purifier, as well as 38 Warden/18 Sentinel for healer specs.

I was playing 36 Shaman/14 Justicar/6 Druid and it was extremely powerful for questing, soloing, dpsing rifts, and dueling.

You have insane survivability, having the Chain armor, 2 different protective shields (at 42, they collectively absorbed 1500 damage), massive damage output, and many different sources of healing (11% of all of your damage was converted to healing, you have Faerie heal, you have a reactive non-GCD heal, you have the Druid heal on a CD, you have the Justicar heal that required Conviction charges). Incredible setup.

I played around with druid with something like 38 Druid/11 Justicar/7 Shaman and it just didn't feel right. The rotation was awkward and too much emphasis was placed on your pet.

I never tried Inquisitor or Cabalist. I hate playing DPS casters (despite my love for playing healer).

For Healing, I preferred Warden-heavy builds. I could never really get into the groove of Purifier- or Sentinel-heavy builds, the playstyle just didn't work for me. I loved the mobility of Warden. The healing output of it is phenomenal, too. For Sentinel, you're so limited by your casting speeds, and have to pray for Crits in order to get Serendipity procs in order to get that boost in output and mobility. For Purifier, it's a bit better with some of the shielding abilities, but it's a similar story.

I had 38 Warden/18 Purifier, as well as 38 Warden/18 Sentinel for healer specs.

I didn't tried the shaman build but warden is the way to go for healing in PvE or PvP like you said the mobility is awesome

Riftblade/Champion/beastmaster and Bladedancer/Assassin/Ranger. I like having pets for no reason. Makes questing easier. We'll see how endgame works.

I was liking my Marksman/Ranger/ Nightblade.. the damage output from this spec seemed superiour to most other specs and the pet for leveling helps alot too. the extra damage from point generating abilities and finishers in nightblade and the amazing survivability for pvp with marksmen is what made this spec for me. the pet was just a bonus more then anything really xD

Assassin for life!!!! Ranger to level, bard for pvp/instance/raid support, and sin for solo pvp. The sins dots were pretty sweet with impale. Most likely with nightblade for heat retention!

Mage -

Healer (PvP/PvE): Chloro/Necro, never run out of mana and be extremely durable in PvP and PvE. Elites aren't a problem and neither are sabs or marksmen.

Control (PvP): Dom/Necro. Dom is really strong as you start to get deeper into the tree. Their damage is extremely underestimated. Imagine the possibilities of Split Personality+Empty Crypts.

Rogue -

Solo (PvP) : Sab/Sin, paralyzing strike -> blast charges -> detonate -> blind -> blast charges -> detonate - foul play -> blast charges -> detonate

I really like most of the Rogue roles; Bard and Sabatour are both very solid classes and are very good to have in PvP. (although i see a lot more bards running around then Sab, sad as Sab can burst like crazy) I have also been looking into Nightblade reciently as the delv value on some of their skills is crazy; especially their level 51 ability Living Flames. (basicly turns u into a PBAoE DoT). I was also looking into a ranger/marksman build, however my initial tests with it in PvP were quite disappointing; but it is hard to tell how it will play out end game.(although it does seem to be better suited for PvE rather then PvP)

so heres my list:

Bard/Riftstalker

NightBlade/Assassin

Sabatour/Assassin/Riftstalker

I would have to say I like my justicar/cabalist/inquisitor. The aoe from cabalist mixed with the on hit heals of justicar boosted with the stat increases from inquisitor just seems to work very nice together

My favorite class is hands down Necro/Lock/Chloro. It's been like that since I played Guild Wars, any game I can play with a Necro I have to play it lol.

Guild Wars was definitely an inspiration for my class (not to mention it was an awesome game). Archon/Pyro/Elementalist. I like the mix of debuffs and support that the Archon has and the straight up dps of Pyro and Ele are great.

Edited by OrangeSodaSmurf

inquisitor / cabalist / warden

Whit that i can drop a single target before he touch me and if i pull multiple mob i can kill them all fast whit cabalist and be at 75%+ life after and whit the free HoT from warden i never stop to drink or heal i just keep killing stuff really efficient for lvl'ing.

That's exactly what my questing build is :) Run around pull 3 - 4 NPC's,cast [url=http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/670966642/Shadow%27s-Touch]Shadow

On my Warrior I currently play Riftblade / Reaver / Beast master. Can do some serious damage, especially on multiple targets. Reaver is used to spread Soul Feast via Plague Bringer while I use Freeze armor, 3x Flamespear, Earth Burst / Storm Burst. On a Single Target they are usually dead before they get to me, AoE packs tend to make it to me roughly 1/2 dead for which I use (cant remember the Meleeskill name) until I have enough built up to use Earth Burst / Storm Burst.

Ranger (have to login to get my actual build) is basically face roll the key board while watching a netflix movie ;) It's that dang easy *snicker*

I agree with the poster above.

Reaver is an AWESOME class.. both as Main or Sub..

I usually run reaver/riftblade with high dps focused.. the dmg output may seem slow and not as high as a 2H champ.. but the dmg is consistant with DOTS.

For tanking I run Paladin / Reaver .. again awesome combo starting with AOE DOTS to grab all aggro

On my Warrior I currently play Riftblade / Reaver / Beast master. Can do some serious damage, especially on multiple targets. Reaver is used to spread Soul Feast via Plague Bringer while I use Freeze armor, 3x Flamespear, Earth Burst / Storm Burst. On a Single Target they are usually dead before they get to me, AoE packs tend to make it to me roughly 1/2 dead for which I use (cant remember the Meleeskill name) until I have enough built up to use Earth Burst / Storm Burst.

Ranger (have to login to get my actual build) is basically face roll the key board while watching a netflix movie ;) It's that dang easy *snicker*

Only issue I see with a Paladin/Reaver setup is accidentally pulling odd things. One can easily see someone CC'ing a target and then the tank tossing up Plague Bringer then DOTs and the group wiping.

Personal preference is to keep the two tanking styles separate, yes Paladin has a AoE taunt and a 3 NPC strike attack, but that is less likely to bring on a 'OH SHIT' moment.

been messing around with quite a lot of different builds lately (and it has severly hurt my pocket change T_T) so basicly my old list is scrapped.

I have been mostly running a Sabo/RS build (with some sin for stealth and crit) and it is very effective. Originally was gonna go 51 sabo for the instant 5 charges... but it started to seem a waste as after 38 there wernt many useful talents and skills in the tree. I have revised my build for a 38/24/4 Sabo/RS/sin and thus far, it is working very well. Will have to get to 50 to fully test it, but I like the way it looks.

Cabalist is another class I have been playing around on a lot, and once I figured out how tyranny works (read: AMAZING) I really started to love the class. While its not as good as Inq for PvE dungeons, it shines in rifts and large PvP battles. BUT that's not to say they are useless 1v1, as they still have good burst for that too. Not set on a build thus far, but definatly an alt im going to have.

Anyone realize how powerful Stormcaller/Elementalist is? you stack air crit with lighting bolt talents from elem and you crit a good 30% of the time for half hp in low teir. @_@ Not really something I'm looking to level in the near future, but an amazing alt. I really underestimated mages until I played this in PvP. (RB's are still lame as hell >.>)

but ya thats basicly my list. I have put some time into Ranger/marks for a PvE build, and the damage is good, I just dont see it doing very well for PvP as high marksmen seems to be the soul for that; but I could be wrong.

So, quick new list:

Sabo/RS/Sin

Cabalist/Inq/Purifier

Storm/Elem

Ranger/Marks

Control (PvP): Dom/Necro. Dom is really strong as you start to get deeper into the tree. Their damage is extremely underestimated. Imagine the possibilities of Split Personality+Empty Crypts.

Not sure if want. Those two skills have a combined cast time of 5.5 seconds, not counting interrupts. What's your backup plan if you can't just sit there and look at casting bars all day?

Edited by vVv SugarBear

Only issue I see with a Paladin/Reaver setup is accidentally pulling odd things. One can easily see someone CC'ing a target and then the tank tossing up Plague Bringer then DOTs and the group wiping.

Personal preference is to keep the two tanking styles separate, yes Paladin has a AoE taunt and a 3 NPC strike attack, but that is less likely to bring on a 'OH SHIT' moment.

True, but I have been running all the dungeons up till RD .. have not had a problem with AOEDOT pulling so far ..

Maybe it will be a problem in late game? That i am not sure.. but I think as long as the tank pays attention and not go crazy pulling .. its a very good combo to quickly pull aggro