Sign in to follow this  
vVv Doomhammer

Getting Gamer Gear for the Holidays!

gallery_5702_76_32909.png

Time to Upgrade! Holiday Hardware Edition

By Sean "vVv Blazek" Emes

Happy holidays everyone! This week I figured it was as good of a time as any to talk about a very important part of what makes good players even better, their hardware! For many gamers, upgrading hardware for the purpose of improving performances often is not considered. Gamers usually upgrade their hardware only in last resort situations; but if you want to improve your game, it may be time to make the change.

SteelSeries%207G-thumb-250x133-288245.png

SteelSeries 7G Keyboard

For those of us who play on the PC, we tend to believe that having a keyboard and mouse will be sufficient and generally covers all of our gaming needs. The problem arises when keys start to not function correctly causing you to miss your shots, throw grenades at incorrect times, and generally just start performing poorly. This is due to keys wearing out and not making the connections they once did. The solution? Try switching to a mechanical keyboard, such as the SteelSeries 7G. This keyboard will give you improved key response times along with lasting nearly 10 times longer than most membrane keyboards!

logitech%20G13-thumb-250x274-288247.png

Logitech G13

While upgrading is a great way to play better, it is important to get hardware that will improve gaming FOR YOU. Sometimes, a traditional keyboard is not the right answer; in which case using a gameboard, like the Logitech G13, or a customized keyboard, such as the SteelSeries Shift, may be the right way to go. These keyboards give the player more freedom in their game of choice by allowing easier customization and arranging keys in a better fashion. While acclimating to the new layout does take time, it almost always ends in improved performance in game.

Don't worry console gamers, I haven't forgotten about you!

Competitive gaming on consoles is much more limited as controllers are fairly standardized. You could go ahead and do some custom work to your analogs to improve stiffness, however

FPS%20Freek-thumb-250x250-288249.jpg

FPS Freek

that's quite a learning process and some very sensitive labor. Instead, I recommend heading to KontrolFreek and get yourself some FPS Freek's! These analog attachments easily clip onto your controller, giving you around 40% increased range of motion; Meaning you can more easily make slight adjustments to your aim rather then guess firing shots ahead of your target.

As a special holiday treat, head on over to vVv Gaming and check out our holiday promotions! You can get discounts on SteelSeries gear and enter into our KontrolFreek Christmas Contest!

So what are you waiting for?! Stop getting pwned and go upgrade your equipment!

I really like the gaming pad. The Logitech G13 that is. I currently have a Belkin n52te, but there aren't enough keys on it to support everything in Starcraft 2. I might look at getting that one. On top of that, I have a regular HP desktop keyboard and it's awfully. I might try and get that 7G keyboard. I could use something a bit better. I need a new headset too honestly. I need to start saving up haha.

true that. You can be a good player but without the right equipment that suits you, your game style, etc... you are missing the most out of your gameing career

Im thinkin steelseries or astro headset...not sure yet

I think it is different for everyone, but I have had my Steelseries Siberia V2's for 2 years now, which is pretty good for me and hardware :P I have been having some issues lately, but I am just now replacing them with a new pair (the Black and gold) of V2's.

i wouldnt mind some steelseries. ive had all types of headsets. Astros, turtlebeaches, trittons, but havent used the Steels. are they really great great lol?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Please enter your display name