Sign in to follow this  
GunSmok3d

Southern Comfort-Halo:Reach

Halo: Reach team - Southern Comfort

Members: GunSmok3d, Nester, Meltdown, ScarreD

Full Name-Ryan Hilldale

Age-23

How long has this roster been playing together? Our team has been together for almost 4 months now. We planned on teaming for reach before it even came out so we just gamed H3 hard on gamebattles to tune our chemistry and then when reach came out we have been gaming hard as a team ever since.

Where do the players live in relation to one another? Scarred and I live 5 minutes away from each other in Debary FL. Nester and Meltdown live 5 minutes from each other as well in Port St. Lucie FL. Overall we live about 2 hours away from the other 2 and we attend every local LAN tourney we can afford to.

What are your team’s accomplishments? With this exact roster? Links? If this exact roster has not accomplished anything, please list each player's accomplishments with supporting links. Our current team has won 2-3 local LAN tourneys at Fusion gaming and other smaller local tourneys that didn't have to much of a payout. We attended the first DC Reach Combine in washington this past weekend and placed 13th out of the 230+ teams that showed. Scarred also placed 23rd in the FFA. As far as past placings my other 3 teammates haven't attended many events but I got them gaming hard and we are planning on attending every reach event in 2011.

What are your team's latest tournament results? Please provide support links and any links to supporting pictures. http://www.mlgpro.com/content/news/317057/MLG-D-C-Halo-Reach-4v4-Full-Results We placed 13th overall losing to Livin the dream and Line of Sight.

What is the team's next event online? LAN? The 10,000$ Dr Pepper ladder is our next online tourney. Right now we are ranked 16th because meltdowns grandmother just recently passed and we just took a short break for him after DC. http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/halo-reach/team/southern-comfort . Then our next LAN tourney will be wherever they decide to hold the 2011 Reach Opener.

If you've been sponsored before, who was your best sponsor? Why? I've been sponsored before by Paragon gaming nation and it wasn't the best experience mainly because we were promised quite a bit of financial help and nothing actually panned out.

Why are you no longer with them? He quit sponsoring teams in order to open a LAN center locally.

What was your worst sponsor? Why? Paragon, and above reasons.

What do you hope to achieve with your team? We hope to hold a pro seed all throughout 2011 and come out on top at as many events as possible. It's a new game and in my opinion new talent will be at the top. Having 4 months of chemistry on top of that makes our odds pretty solid as well.

Who do you see as your toughest competition? Some of the tougher teams are currently still playing halo 3 untill after dallas. Teams like FB, tD, and Dynasty will be some of the harder competition in my eyes.

What is your expected finish at your next event? Anywhere within the top 8. Top 16 gets a stipend of 400$ from MLG so that helps a ton. But in the grand scheme of things we would like to win as many events as possible.

What do you hope to get out of vVv Gaming? We want to represent your name among the greatest teams in reach. Similar to how UoR has a lot of really good teams in their core. I feel like we are a perfect fit just due to our chemistry as a team and the fact that our team will make vVv look good at tourneys and away from them as well.

Individually, all team members (Including the captain) must answer the following:

How long have you been playing competitively? I have been playing competitively since Orlando 2007 where my team placed 27th overall in pro bracket.

If you are attending a LAN event, please detail your travel plans here (flight info, car info, train info, bus info, etc). Depending on where the opener is we might be driving. We like to drive usually because we all live so close and it's a great team bonding experience.

How many hours during the week do you devote to gaming? How many of those hours are for the game for which you are applying? We play anywhere from 40-50 hours a week and then an additional 8-10 hours a week on LAN with our full team. 100% of the time we are gaming halo reach.

Have you attended any national events? (MLG, CPL, WCG) MLG and PGL

Are you shy around people you don't know? Not one bit. I'm 23 years old so i have that outgoing leadership experience that helps our team out a lot. I have also talked to some vVv kids at nashville last time I was attempting to get a sponsor through you guys and they were pretty cool kids.

Link us to some of your best personal achievements. I finished 27th overall at MLG Orlando 07. Won the first Halo 3 Film Festival on MLGPRO.com collecting 500$. Got 2nd at PGL 07 in orlando winning another 300$. I've only made top 48 like 3-4 times in H3 because i had to go with a sponsor kid for most of my events because i couldn't afford to go. I've won close to 10 locals in FL for H2-H3 and just recently won my first for Halo reach.

What was your biggest loss or disappointment in gaming? Why did you lose that match? My biggest let down would probably be at this last reach tourney at the DC Combine. We were predicted to be one of the top teams and 13th to me is a let down. We had some things that happened out of our control though that contributed to that but we know the problems we made and we will be on top of correcting those and improving at every tourney we attend.

How can you PERSONALLY benefit vVv Gaming? I personally can benefit you guys by having your vVv name associated with a very respected player(myself) and team. There are way to many arrogant and cocky Halo kids and I think our team is one of the nicest most respected teams gaming so far. And that in my opinion will make your guys image look even better. That and I personally gurantee my placings in reach make vVv look even better.

If your team has a coach, please have him answer the following: We are currently looking for a full time coach and with a sponsor I think it would make our search that much easier. It isn't hard to get a coach a month before the event but we are looking for a full time coach/manager type person.

Placings and Accomplishments: 27th Pro MLG Orlando 07, 2nd PGL Orlando FFA, Top 32 AM MLG Orlando 2008, Top 16 AM MLG Anaheim 09, 1st Place H3 Film Festival, 8-10 Local tourney wins at Gameknights, Fusion Gaming, and Action Play in Florida.Top 32 AM MLG Orlando 2010. We got 7th on the last H3 ladder but didn't play in the playoffs because we were focused on Halo:Reach.

Edited by GunSmok3d

Halo Reach Team: Southern Comfort.

Members: NesteR, MeltDown, ScarreD, GunSmok3d.

Name: Robert DiCicco

Individually, all team members (Including the captain) must answer the following:

How long have you been playing competitively? I personally have been playing competitively since i was 17, so just about three years. I have attended as many locals and MLG events as i could aside from school and work also.

If you are attending a LAN event, please detail your travel plans here (flight info, car info, train info, bus info, etc). Well we took a teammates car all the way to Washington D.C and it worked out perfect but the hours on the road along with the long hours of the tournament definately affected the team. I think flying would be a quicker and more productive way to attend big events with the proper sleep and eating schedule your team should be on top of things.

How many hours during the week do you devote to gaming? I Devote 6-8 hours a night online with my team so about 40 hours. I try to put in as much practice as humanly possible to get ready for any future events. Practice definately helps i proved that to myself with my best placing in D.C 13th with a practiced team and good friendships I think we all have what it takes to be on top!

Have you attended any national events? Yes i have attended Orlando 2009 and 2010. I also attended Washington D.C the first MLG Reach event.

Are you shy around people you don't know? No not at all i give anyone and everyone a chance and would never be rude or immature to another competitive gamer I love the MLG community and believe in respect and sportsmanship.

Link us to some of your best personal achievements. Some of my best personal achievements would have to be DC combine http://www.mlgpro.com/content/news/317057/MLG-D-C-Halo-Reach-4v4-Full-Results. We also compete on Gamebattles the $10,000 Dr pepper ladder we are currently placed 16th http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/halo-reach/team/southern-comfort. After D.C i took about a week break due to the passing on my Grandmother but im looking to game hard and do my best in something I love to do.

What was your biggest loss or disappointment in gaming? Why did you lose that match? My biggest loss would have to be at the recent MLG DC combine lbr9 too make top 12. We barely had any sleep due to some complications that we didn't have control over lack of sleep 15 hour drive there. We didnt play as a team and figured out what we need to do to change it and we will fix it as a team and be very big competitors in whatever events we attend.

How can you PERSONALLY benefit vVv Gaming? I think personally i could benefit the vVv gaming community is by bringing a team full of responsible, respectfull, and mature members

to your community. I also am a very good speaker and can represent vVv on my xbl profile Facebook, MLG forums, our teamshirts would have a spot for vVv!

Halo Reach Team : Southern Comfort

Members : NesteR, MeltDown, ScarreD, GunSmok3d

Name : Nicholas Coluccio

How long have you been playing competitively? I started playing halo way back since the beginning of Halo 2, however i started to play competitively shortly after Halo 3 was released, I loved the scene and the community and i was completely hooked. I would say Ive been playing competitively for close to 3 years.

If you are attending a LAN event, please detail your travel plans here (flight info, car info, train info, bus info, etc). Next LAN event I go to i plan to be the opener for 2011, my whole team lives in FL and we just got back from driving to D.C. If we had the money we definatley would have flew. We had to take my car because it was the most reliable at the time. Driving to all the way to the event with lack of sleep can seriously say that it effected our gameplay.

How many hours during the week do you devote to gaming? When our team is going hard for an event I practice every night for about 6 to 8 hrs. So close to 40 to 50hrs a week i spend practicing with my team.

Have you attended any national events? I have attended both Orlando 09 and 10 with last minute teams. Our most recent event was D.C where we finished 13th for reach...disapointing but still good.

Are you shy around people you don't know? I am usually not shy around people. Online and at events i love talking to and meeting new people. Me and my team are really nice and down to earth guys. I can say we are some of the more respectable halo players out there. We don t talk random smack or anything. We always only have good comments to say like good games.

Link us to some of your best personal achievements. One my best personal achievements would have to be DC combine where we finished 13th. http://www.mlgpro.com/content/news/317057/MLG-D-C-Halo-Reach-4v4-Full-Results. We also hit 7th on the Halo 3 team ladder with highest overall winstreak with no losses. We just stopped because we moved are focus over to Halo Reach.

What was your biggest loss or disappointment in gaming? My biggest disappointment in gaming was not being able to attend Dallas 09. Mainly because of money issues after months of practice i was not able to go. I let down a lot of people and I am doing my best to make sure that never happens again. Another disappointing moment was losing to Livin the Dream in D.C. They finished 3rd but if we were playing up to our potential we could have easily 2 - 0 them and with that momentum went on to win the tournament.

How can you PERSONALLY benefit vVv Gaming? I can benifit personally from vVv Gaming by getting better placings and representing a good name while doing it. I think vVv should sponsor the top teams, similar to UoR and with the help we can definitely bring vVv to the top with consistent placing and constistantly being able to attend events worry free.

hey guys i was just wondering why our app hasn't been posted about/looked at yet? Are you waiting on the last 2 guys to post their pictures and nester to edit his about me?

Your team must be patient. I can almost guarantee staff has seen the application and is giving you guys time to get active in the community and do other various things we like our applicants to do.

*I see that only two of your members have been somewhat active on our forums and we would like to see the entire team getting to know and interact with our community.

*Also, if your team has a coach we like them to fill out the application as they are part of the team.

Your team must be patient. I can almost guarantee staff has seen the application and is giving you guys time to get active in the community and do other various things we like our applicants to do.

*I see that only two of your members have been somewhat active on our forums and we would like to see the entire team getting to know and interact with our community.

*Also, if your team has a coach we like them to fill out the application as they are part of the team.

Ok thank you. I will lurk the forums and website for goodies.

Best of luck to your guys in your application! I think I sent Gunsmoked a f/r a bit ago, look forward to playing with you guys.

thanks a lot =).......I see us being a great fit for vVv because we are all real life friends!

Goodluck to your squad at dallas ! Make us proud!

While looking through the MLG forums I noticed a post that raised a few interesting questions.

Originally posted by Nester on 10/25/10

Hey man that PS sig looks fkn amazing....my squad was wondering if you had a moment that you could make us a sick team sig for the forums.

Here is how it needs to be from our sponsors request

thanks a lot if you decide to :)

Click here to see the original post on the MLG forums

*Is your team currently sponsored? If so, by whom?

*If not, how do you think this influences the thoughts of your peers? and the vVv community?

-How do you think this makes you look to potential sponsors and can we expect things like this in the future?

-Why would you state that you are sponsored on another site and tell a potential sponsor you are not?

I am asking these questions to the entire team and in no way am I trying to call you guys out and/or make you look bad. I would like to see the Halo division grow and have teams stay rather than leave and or break up after one event.

Thank you.

Edited by vVv ULTRA

While looking through the MLG forums I noticed a post that raised a few interesting questions.

Click here to see the original post on the MLG forums

*Is your team currently sponsored? If so, by whom?

*If not, how do you think this influences the thoughts of your peers? and the vVv community?

-How do you think this makes you look to potential sponsors and can we expect things like this in the future?

-Why would you state that you are sponsored on another site and tell a potential sponsor you are not?

I am asking these questions to the entire team and in no way am I trying to call you guys out and/or make you look bad. I would like to see the Halo division grow and have teams stay rather than leave and or break up after one event.

Thank you.

dude that's me posting on nesters account because I'm banned....the only reason why I said that is because whoever made the sig would have the incentive to make it a certain way because that's how "the sponsor want's it"

We are in no way sponsored by any other organization and we are only looking to vVv for that 100%

Sorry for any confusion, but it makes the sig makers more precise lol

and to the end of your post....I agree. Teams that stick together are a win :) We have been together for 4 months and counting and we will be staying together throughout the whole entire 2011 reach season

EDIT:and now that i think about it lol.....why would a sponsor want a team sig a certain way anyways? lol......understand ur point tho but it was harmless i swear <3

Edited by GunSmok3d

vVv. Thank you all for taking the time to look over our apps so far! I hope that we can be a part of your community and attend events as vVv Southern Comfort. It looks cute :), we are a really down to earth team and we love to just have fun and play the game. We are all mature young adults and respectful motivators. We look at the MLG community with smiles and give everyone and every team a chance. This is my passion and everyone else on my team can say the same. We will not give up and strive to win at every event. Sponsoring us will be a good decision and we wont let anyone down thanks for taking the time to give us a chance and im excited to see what happens!

Halo Reach Team : Southern Comfort

Members : NesteR, MeltDown, ScarreD, GunSmok3d *Coach: Apollo*

Name : David Bahle

How long have you been playing competitively? Tough question...I've played competitively all my life with friends, school events parties..Pretty much anything you can think of..Use to follow the show Arena on G4 when it was actually a gaming channel....Got into MLG the 2nd year it actually became MLG and not just the Halo 50k's...Use to play competitive Shadow Run, as well as both Rainbow 6 Vegas's along with Halo 2/3.

If you are attending a LAN event, please detail your travel plans here (flight info, car info, train info, bus info, etc). Well....Unfortunately for me..I'm not apart of the "Sothern" part of Sothern Comfort haha. I'm actually from Pennsylvania. So i'll be either driving for flying to events. I know they will be driving as much as they can but it gets rough after a while.

How many hours during the week do you devote to gaming? I devote as much time as i can manage when i'm not working and busy with school...Some where in the area of 20-40 hours. Depending on my workloads and what not

Have you attended any national events? I've attened WCG in New York back in 2008 or 2007 don't remember which at the moment. Have been to two MLG Meadowlands, as well as 2 MLG Columbus's.

Are you shy around people you don't know? I am never shy around people. I work in Electronics at Target and people are my job. I'll say what needs to be said.

Link us to some of your best personal achievements. I help run MLGinsider as well as a new site we're going to be launching here within the next week or two.

What was your biggest loss or disappointment in gaming? My biggest disapointement was back in 2008 when MLG took off R6V2 from the circuit. I was coaching the 8th place Anarchy, but our sponsor didn't bother to book my flight like he said he would and didn't tell us till a day before and by then we couldn't get a ticket. It was a major let down.

How can you PERSONALLY benefit vVv Gaming? I can help promote vVv, by adding it to my bio on Xbox Live, through wearing apparel from vVv as well as doing some writing for the website if they would so like. Also through means of Facebook and other medians to get the word out. I could go on but it would be a LONG LONG list! Also, i'll be taking LOTS AND LOTS of pictures and video at every event, so we'll have plenty of vVv =D

Edited by .Apollo

Apollo, there is a part of the application specifically for coaches. Please fill that out asap!

cmon apollo step your game up ;) lol

Is it in vVv Lordjeriths original app format?

My bad...Filled it out after a long shift at work and as i was about to go to sleep hahaha

How did you become a coach for this team? I've known Gunsmok3d for a while now, and after a few discussions with tehm and some other teams, they asked and i decided to hop on board for next season!

* If asked, would your team tell us that they would not place as highly if it weren't for your coaching? Honestly haven't attended an event with them yet but, once they will i'm sure they would. I've saved a few teams from getting knocked out early.

* If you weren't a coach, would you be able to compete at a professional level? I feel that i would be. If i had enough time to put into it. But due to college, work and other factors i don't have enough time to deadicate to put the time into getting good enough at Reach.

* As a coach, do you know every call out for every map? Yes, i do

* How many timers do you keep? For what? As of now i have a timer for when the armor ability disappears and the time it takes for it to respawn other than that i have lists of times certain weapons come up. But there is someone i know working on a Halo Reach timer which we will be launching in mid December so i will be using that next season

* How many LAN events have you attended as a Coach? I've coached at 4 MLG events and numerous locals

* What made you interested in coaching? Well after a few unfortunate events with some of my teams that i was on, i decided to retire from the actual playing of the game after like 5 years of following MLG. But i still wanted to compete and there was 1 other way. But i love it!

How can you benefit vVv Gaming? I can help promote vVv, by adding it to my bio on Xbox Live, through wearing apparel from vVv as well as doing some writing for the website if they would so like. Also through means of Facebook and other medians to get the word out. I could go on but it would be a LONG LONG list! Also, i'll be taking LOTS AND LOTS of pictures and video at every event, so we'll have plenty of vVv =D

My bad...Filled it out after a long shift at work and as i was about to go to sleep hahaha

How did you become a coach for this team? I've known Gunsmok3d for a while now, and after a few discussions with tehm and some other teams, they asked and i decided to hop on board for next season!

* If asked, would your team tell us that they would not place as highly if it weren't for your coaching? Honestly haven't attended an event with them yet but, once they will i'm sure they would. I've saved a few teams from getting knocked out early.

* If you weren't a coach, would you be able to compete at a professional level? I feel that i would be. If i had enough time to put into it. But due to college, work and other factors i don't have enough time to deadicate to put the time into getting good enough at Reach.

* As a coach, do you know every call out for every map? Yes, i do

* How many timers do you keep? For what? As of now i have a timer for when the armor ability disappears and the time it takes for it to respawn other than that i have lists of times certain weapons come up. But there is someone i know working on a Halo Reach timer which we will be launching in mid December so i will be using that next season

* How many LAN events have you attended as a Coach? I've coached at 4 MLG events and numerous locals

* What made you interested in coaching? Well after a few unfortunate events with some of my teams that i was on, i decided to retire from the actual playing of the game after like 5 years of following MLG. But i still wanted to compete and there was 1 other way. But i love it!

How can you benefit vVv Gaming? I can help promote vVv, by adding it to my bio on Xbox Live, through wearing apparel from vVv as well as doing some writing for the website if they would so like. Also through means of Facebook and other medians to get the word out. I could go on but it would be a LONG LONG list! Also, i'll be taking LOTS AND LOTS of pictures and video at every event, so we'll have plenty of vVv =D

Hey apollo id like to introduce myself. Im Robert or meltdown im glad you decided to coach us for next season and hope we can achieve great things! I'm sure we will play on xbl and stuff so talk to you later!

Hey apollo id like to introduce myself. Im Robert or meltdown im glad you decided to coach us for next season and hope we can achieve great things! I'm sure we will play on xbl and stuff so talk to you later!

*Has Apollo coached your team before?

*If my assumption is correct and Apollo is your new coach, who coached you previously at DC and what led to your decision to make the switch?

*Has Apollo coached your team before?

*If my assumption is correct and Apollo is your new coach, who coached you previously at DC and what led to your decision to make the switch?

no, apollo has never coached us in the past. I've heard great things though and led us to our decision.

Our coach from DC was spartanx9 and he was a last minute pick up who isn't normally a coach. He didn't even know call outs lol.