vVv Milkyy

Gamer Gear: Meet the folks of SteelSeries!

Gamer Gear: Meet the folks of SteelSeries!

by Jordan "Doomhammer" Kahn"

As I make preparations for my annual pilgrimage to San Diego for Comic-Con International, the good folks of vVv Gaming have provided us with a video feature on a local company that helps make gear for competitive gamers. The company is called SteelSeries and I had the pleasure of meeting them last year, going so far as recording a video interview with some of their folks, only to lose all the video footage when my external drive bricked. Today, a great wrong is made right, ;-) :

One of the coolest things about working with an organization like vVv Gaming is the fact that

I get to be involved in all kinds of awesome events. These can be gaming tournaments, where

dozens of vVv members show up and we get to cheer and support players and teams in three or four different titles. These can be podcast recordings where four or five people, scattered across the United States (and sometimes the world!), meet on Skype and talk about various gaming news and updates. And sometimes these can be the coming together of great minds, where all I can do is sit back and watch and be impressed.

Read more after the jump!

n6132634021_7561.jpg

vVv Gaming recently had the opportunity to visit the SteelSeries headquarters here in Chicago in order to interview the company's Chief Marketing Officer, Kim Rom, about their new upcoming Spectrum headsets and other pieces of hardware. But even after we were finished discussing the SteelSeries products the conversation continued, ranging from Kim Rom's gaming history to SteelSeries' vision of Competitive Gaming. It was clear to see that Kim and Jerry (vVv LordJerith, president and owner of vVv Gaming) had a very strong rapport together, with similar opinions on a number of subjects. While the film crew was setting up you could hear these two representatives of accomplished organizations talking like old friends about good sushi and the best restaurants in Chicago. Even with all of his travels around the world, Kim Rom admitted that since first visiting Chicago it was his favorite city in the world. A sentiment I appreciated, as I have also fallen in love with this city since moving here a few years ago.

(I want to give out a shout out to Mike Stanowski. Mike was the SteelSeries employee who helped things run smoothly for the shoot itself, setting up parking for the crew (no easy thing in downtown, as any Chicagoan knows), helping get gear lugged upstairs and assisting in a number of small ways. I later learned that before working with SteelSeries Mike had played Counter-Strike competitively. While the video speaks for itself, I was struck by the epic parallels I see between SteelSeries and vVv Gaming. A community of passionate gamers working on something larger than themselves to improve Competitive Gaming is a powerful thing!)

Here is part one of our 3-part video feature on SteelSeries!:

All 3 of these articles are amazing. This guy is a true inspiration! It shows how with dedication anyone or anything can grow very well over time.

This really shows that Steelseries the first true to death to their fans. It really is an inspiration to see someone so committed to what the fans want and what is right for the company!

These videos were really awesome to watch because i have heard a lot about Steelseries, but I didn't really know what they were all about. It is really awesome to see a former competetive gamer still working in the gaming industry and with such an impressive company

Haven't gotten a chance to use any steelseries equipment... but if/when my A40s bite the bullet I think I may purchase some of their headphones!

I LOVE ALL OF MY STEELSERIES GEAR. About the only thing I'm missing is a headset from them...which I would love to get. I have the following

Steelseries 6G V2 keyboard

Steelseries Sensei MLG Edition (Awesome BTW)

Steelseries 4HD Mousepad (Quickest Mouspad I've ever used period!)

If you have never used them, I HIGHLY recommend you do!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Please enter your display name