cubed

REVIEW: SteelSeries Xai Mouse - Cubed

gallery_17235_854_2184.png

gallery_5702_67_16156.jpg

Below is the newly released Steelseries Xai Laser mouse. I just received it from the guys at vVv and all the products are greatly appreciated as I use mostly steelseries product anyways. Except for the mouse I have always used a mx510 or 518 mouse. I have tried out other mice such as almost every razer mouse. But nothing fit my hand like the 518 and that's my biggest issue when it comes to a mouse: it has to feel comfortable.

steelseries_xai-thumb-450x337.jpg

The Xai mouse comes through with a perfect balance of everything its a great mix between a razer and a 518 and there are no crazy grooves you have to worry about its a very simple mouse, not too light not too heavy its very smooth especially on my Steelseries QcK+ mousepad. Everything is so smooth and perfectly balanced on this mouse I plugged it in adjusted my sensitivity and started playing within a few minutes. Feels like you have pinpoint control with extreme comfort for your hand. I really recommend you give this mouse a try its really a great mouse. If you're like me and love the mx518 or G5 but want a lighter and smoother feeling mouse you should get the Xai.

steelseries.jpg

Also for those who like to be more precise with their sensitivities in and out of game. Above is a screenshot of the steelseries drivers and configuration menu. It has so many options from dpi settings in game and out of game and button control for specific buttons on the mouse. Another cool thing is when its plugged in I believe the mouse will download the latest drivers from the steelseries website as soon as you open up your drivers.

nice write up cubed, i usually use razor mice,headset and keyboard. But this mouse looks good and will be my next mouse for sure

I haven't played with a mouse better than 518..im currently using the DA and i can't stand it. I will def look into this Xai.

I haven't played with a mouse better than 518..im currently using the DA and i can't stand it. I will def look into this Xai.

dang man really? I'm using the DA right now and I'm likin it, but to each his own I guess.

Huge PC gamer here; i'd rather lightweight mouses but not having a ton of buttons is weird for me. I hope one of mybuddies get it so I can try it out soon. If not i'll just have to wait a little for the price to drop a little before I buy it.

Edited by Vhex

I was just wondering if the SC2 players for MLG events all have to use the same equipment and if MLG provides it? Always wondered that. Let me know!

I am looking into getting this mouse for playing Starcraft II but im lil bit wary of getting it. I like the look the the mouse, its really simplistic which i like, and when i get it, i do hope that it is as smooth as said in the review because i needz the precisionnnn mayynne! :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Member Only vVv Shoutbox

Please enter your display name