vVv LordJerith

Where Should We Spend Our Money?

vVv Gaming Poll for FY2010  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Where should we spend our money? (You can choose more than one item)

• Aion
    • Call of Duty MW2 (PC)
    • Gearsof War 2
    • Halo3
    • Left4Dead 2
    • Call of Duty MW 2 (360)
    • Fighting Games
    • Sport Games
    • Strategy Games (Heroes of Newerth, Star Craft 2)
    • R6 Vegas 2
    • Rhythm Gaming
  2. 2. Which One Game is Most Important to you? (Choose Only One)

• Aion
    • Call of Duty MW2 (PC)
    • Call of Duty MW2 (360)
    • Fighting Games
    • Gears of War 2
    • Halo 3
    • Left 4 Dead 2
    • R6 Vegas 2
    • Sports Games (Madden, NBA, FNR4)
    • Strategy Games (Heroes of Newerth, SC2)
    • Rhythm Gaming

Voted.

I would like to say Gears Of War 2, Continue what we are doing with this game. And add onto Call Of Duty:Modern Warfare 2 (PC). We have such a amazing PC side, I'd like to see some more action on that side :P.

My most important game is in fact Gears Of War 2. I'd like to attend events in 2010, So I'm hoping to go through It with this game :).

Hooray for GB kids skewing the polls and giving GoW over 50 fucking votes. Are you kidding me?

Breakdown of my vote-

- MW2(PC & Console): obviously going to be a huge success, and with LAN supposedly working with custom classes, I don't see how this won't be an instant winner. Problem is, it's not out yet. Don't count your chickens, basically.

- Fighters : Been around forever, and will be around forever. I mean, this genre survived the slow death of their main vessel, the arcade. Now they have adapted and are thriving still. You can never go wrong with a game based on balanced one-on-one combat. A definitely solid place to invest.

-Aion: People really underrate MMO games. They are very fucking intense. Even WoW, before it was trashed by bad kids and Blizzard. Aion is a hardcore MMO. It's very difficult. There is no bullshit in the game, really. PvP in Aion, I feel, is going to be a breakthrough for competitive MMOs. It has solid balance, is not stupidly complex, and straight up looks amazing. It is fun to watch people play Aion. And that is a serious selling point.

-L4D2: Valve knows how to make games. period. I would have never imagined that L4D could be competitive, but that is the genius of the company. With two great teams in house already, it would be folly not to continue development in a growing field.

Even though I did not vote for them, sports games, strategy games, and rhythm games are all very solid fields as well. Strategy games are very well established, as with sports. Rhythm is interesting. It is a growing scene, and I wouldn't really say we should look at it were it not for the fact that our Rhythm Gaming division is absolutely STACKED. I see good things coming from exploring these fields.

I think it's worth investing in:

1. FIFA - Obviously a major WCG game, one of the few EA games that is used everywhere. The FIFA Interactive World Cup (FIWC) is a huge thing to get into worldwide. ESL supports FIFA worldwide. Plus Answer has built his FIFA site, which is something it can help support.

2. Guitar Hero/Rock Band - I wasn't a believer in this game being worth anything until I was brought into it by MoB. There are always small little events going on that are decent publicity, and events like Harrah's Rock Band tournament, the Aerosmith thing Paradise did, the Pepsi Rock Band thing, etc. Plus, WCG.

3. Fighters - They will always be there. In some form, mostly SF4, but even with VF5 (which I don't think will last past this year in WCG, but I thought that last year too, so who knows?), then games like BlazBlue (which is almost dead competitively, but still played by tons of people), MvC2, etc.

1.honestly i know nothing about this game at a competitive level, so i won't talk about it.

2. is it really worth "fully sponsoring" someone for these games? not a big believer myself...

3. From what ive seen in my town, when i go to LAN centers, 25 out of the 30 kids there are all playing fighter games, 4 are playing halo, and i'm playing GoW 2 lol. Personally i think we should establish a strong hold on fighter games at the moment, cause they seem to be popular (in my town at least XD)...

Truth be told, I think people fail to realize we would spend money as a community is aspects of value. Return of investments, and how much vVv in all would gain from everything.

All in all I think people should honestly look into how much of a promising Rhythm team we have developing. We have some of THEE best players, truely we do, and truth be told Paradise has done a lot since my time in vVv alone who knows how much he did before I got here I could only imagine a lot. So all in all, I feel that Rhythm should be one of our primary concerns.

As for MW2, I'm not going to discourage it, but I'm not going to say "wait to see how it plays out" because honestly it'll be a smash hit. Period. The game is going to shoot off like rocket ships, one way or another. How long we ride out that rocket is a question in itself, do we take it strong off the start? or play it smooth? who knows. However waiting to see how it develops might not be the best angle, but that's just my vote.

Anyone who votes for GoW2, I'm glad you guys are passionate about your game and hope to be one day a sponsored player. However as Jerry will state himself, there are no real sponsors and truthfully all the hard earned money that vVv has made has already been spent on GoW so much. That games time is done, it's a dying breed, and truthfully one of the shittest communities I can say I was apart of. I played GoW1, GoW2, RBSV, RBSV2, and CoD4 all competitively and that game wins hands down. No one is greatful in that game, no one, sorry guys but I honestly have to say that game is a joke and staying affliated in that game without putting a team together through "The Academy" would be a joke. Not 1 top team impresses me, I might be friends with a lot of the players, but from a marketing angle.. No way.

Fighters.. Well I don't really know a whole lot about them, and same goes for sports. I will say you guys deserve aid, don't get me wrong, I truely believe you guys do. I just can't honestly say if you deserve a great big chunk of it, but you defiently deserve an equal slice.

Basically my vote plays out like this:

L4D2/Rhythm

Modern Warfare 2

Sports/Fighting

MMO/Stratiges

In that exact order, in that exact breakdown, with nothing or little to nothing going to GoW2/RBSV2 as their games are dying and there is no Modern Warfare 2 rebirths for them.

Gears of War 2 is my first.. but very one talking about it getting drop and everything worrys me so if it dose im going to have to say MW2.

-vVv Auhbility- :P

Ppl voting gears. . please. .gtfo. Now. I love gears too. But. seriously? ARE YOU READING ANYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OF THIS?!

gow2 and MW2 this is an opioin and in my personel opion gow2 and MW2 should be the games we spend money in...

Hooray for GB kids skewing the polls and giving GoW over 50 fucking votes. Are you kidding me?

Breakdown of my vote-

- MW2(PC & Console): obviously going to be a huge success, and with LAN supposedly working with custom classes, I don't see how this won't be an instant winner. Problem is, it's not out yet. Don't count your chickens, basically.

- Fighters : Been around forever, and will be around forever. I mean, this genre survived the slow death of their main vessel, the arcade. Now they have adapted and are thriving still. You can never go wrong with a game based on balanced one-on-one combat. A definitely solid place to invest.

-Aion: People really underrate MMO games. They are very fucking intense. Even WoW, before it was trashed by bad kids and Blizzard. Aion is a hardcore MMO. It's very difficult. There is no bullshit in the game, really. PvP in Aion, I feel, is going to be a breakthrough for competitive MMOs. It has solid balance, is not stupidly complex, and straight up looks amazing. It is fun to watch people play Aion. And that is a serious selling point.

-L4D2: Valve knows how to make games. period. I would have never imagined that L4D could be competitive, but that is the genius of the company. With two great teams in house already, it would be folly not to continue development in a growing field.

Even though I did not vote for them, sports games, strategy games, and rhythm games are all very solid fields as well. Strategy games are very well established, as with sports. Rhythm is interesting. It is a growing scene, and I wouldn't really say we should look at it were it not for the fact that our Rhythm Gaming division is absolutely STACKED. I see good things coming from exploring these fields.

This man knows what he's talking about.

I am one to usually say gears but the gears scene is getting tiring with all the changes every event. A team will switch teams up even if they place 4th, thinking if they get that one extra person they will finally win one, instead of working things out and bettering themselves. I personally wish we would get more into Halo 3 or Cod.

I agree with a lot of what Phoenix, Raider and a bunch of others are saying. We're great at developing players, and that will always be a focus of ours, and we also need to keep an eye on the bigger picture of eSports and the vVv Community. I'm not much into the competitive scene, but I like it here and do enjoy hearing/watching some of the stuff that goes on. So my vote doesn't count towards much since I'm not an active participant to these games, but maybe some outsider insight might help, who knows?

As a growing organization and business we need to focus on what's the optimal RIO we can get. But of course Jerry and most of the others know this. And like I said earlier, we need to keep in mind as we focus on what to spend on, on the bigger picture of developing eSports as a whole and vVv. So what games/genres can do that?

I've been around for a bit, we've grown from shooters on the 360 and have branched, very successfully, into the PC Realm, or starting to at least. The same can be said with the niche gaming, like the sports/rhythm/MMO/Strategy and part of me, despite the possible lack of tournaments, says that we should further develop those into fruition. On the other hand, the lack of tournaments could be the inevitable down fall. Games like Aion has potentially and should be pursued. But at the same time we should have some spending on consoles as well, although more should go towards developing future possible assets instead of what seems to be a struggling console community.

Or some money can be spent on obtaining people that could produce more content for the site. Or taking on more interns of sorts.

I do agree alot of GB's are voting gears.. If we wait till next year and see the direction headed, it would help us see better the direction of GoW2.. not worth sponsoring anything atm regarding gears.

Guest Ambition

I think gears should still be a priority but not a main one

Rhythm Gaming or MW2 Has to be the top choices to put money towards

Aion is okay

I think gears should still be a priority but not a main one

Rhythm Gaming or MW2 Has to be the top choices to put money towards

Aion is okay

How should gears be a top priority?

Guest Ambition

How should gears be a top priority?

I mean don't completely forget about gears

I don't know aboutr Aion but it seems very strong in the community