vVv LordJerith

How can we help teams maintain consistant rosters?

I have been doing a lot of thinking about a problem I see in the competitive community, especially the console Gears of War community: roster changes. I wonder what vVv Gaming can do to help teams maintain more consistent rosters. Everyone knows that longevity and working together and developing as a team are key to creating great teams and building dynasty teams. The problem: young players seem very impulsive and would rather leave teams then work through their problems.

I

It is a very good question.

But i dont know, how we can make the younger understand that sticking together threw thick n thin will help them play better together. I am looking forward to see what answers we can get from the community

do background checks on people. if you have been on more than 2 teams in the same game and all the other players from that team still compete then there is obviously some sort of problem.

also, stop chasing the pro gamer dream, making a quick roster change isn't going to make the team better. it's getting a perfect groove with the people you have.

Edited by vVv Alex

The problem is Jerry that the young players tend to think that there greater that the others!

Most of the immature players think about posting highest amount of kills and there last thought is how can I help my team to take this victory home. This is coming from a person who was exactly like that. What I did to help myself to stop thinking like that is go to very accomplished GoW player and a very good friend of mine which is MonkInc. He thought me the values of being on a team and being a team player. My advice to the young players who want to grow in the gaming world is look upon a accomplished player or a team player.

See there former Sponsors,Organizations....check there roster changes and such.....a more strict contract?

I agree with Konvict...You need to have players that have good chemistry together and don't leave a team cause you lose a scrim or you do kinda bad. When I uset to play Vegas 2 on GB, all the best teams stayed together, cause they all knew each other. I believe that vVv should just find the best people that can play together, and have them on a team. I really don't know what to say. x)

Edited by Reduceyy

Guest MeganFox

damn good question

i think regardless of what you do, there will always be people with differences which will result in roster changes. This is most notable due to the common immaturity of console gamers in general. Console gaming attracts many people because it is one of the most simple ways to play video games because you don't have to have certain system requirements. one of the most important things when trying to keep a roster in check is chemistry and friendship. If you can find people who you can get along with and people who have a certain personality as you then you can maybe help solve this problem. It comes down to this. Just because they are the best players, doesn't always mean that they are the best of teammates. I.E. Mephisto and Enmity. I think this is one of the hardest questions to answer imo.

there is my .02 cents

love, Standard

Good question.

In my opinion it really is all about the mindset of the players, they tend to always think they can go out and get someone better than what they have rather than work with what they already have.

Guest MeganFox
See there former Sponsors,Organizations....check there roster changes and such.....a more strict contract?

a more strict contract can only solve the problem to a certain point. When you tie someone to something they don't want to be a part of, you are just making them be a part of something they don't want to be in. That can lead to a much more complex and difficult problem which can result in a bigger rift and a bigger headache and problem for the admins and mods

Guest MeganFox

a more strict contract can only solve the problem to a certain point. When you tie someone to something they don't want to be a part of, you are just making them be a part of something they don't want to be in. That can lead to a much more complex and difficult problem which can result in a bigger rift and a bigger headache and problem for the admins and mods

Ok this is wild and crazy idea but, what if there was a matchmaking sort of thing, to where they put in what they would like in a team and in players?

Edited by Murder

Ok this is wild and crazy idea but, what if there was a matchmaking sort of thing, to where they put in what they would like in a team and in players?

It is very troublesome and I am guilty of it as well. Here are my thoughts...

1.) Gamebattles encourages getting to the top like all gaming organizations. But it also has unfair sides to it where it ends up that players think if they "clan hop" they will be on a first page team eventually. They look for whats best for them.

2.) Being a young player myself, my problem with teams is arguing. Thats why our team makes sure it is upfront and talks about its problems as a whole.

3.) EGO!!! Many think they are the best and deserve to team with others who are the best.

As for stopping this, I have no clue what to say. My way of stopping it was by creating my own team and making sure I had great chemistry with those on my team. Instead of joining teams that need one, I made my own and now I am happy.

Another problem is the "role-models" of ambitious young gamers are doing it too! For example, Zero Xcel was dropped from Raw Talent, Destiny completely broke up, and LTZ has made so many changes, I have run out of fingers to count on. And that is just 3 on the top of my head, but I could go on.

This is also to be expected with any sports. It happens with baseball players, football players, etc. all the time. It just is more noticable because GoW rosters are 4 man rosters. To stop this problem is one of the puzzles of life. Everyone wants the best.

It's the prevalent problem that consistently plagues console gaming. The problem is that there are no leagues. MLG is not a league with set teams. It's a tournament organizer. Players have no binding contracts to make them stay with a team or organization. Even top Halo pros change teams constantly. There are no consistent franchises or teams. There needs to be a setup like European football leagues, where teams are organizations withing the league that sets up match play and tournaments. In other words, MLG needs to change or die off. It cannot persist in having an open tournament format when what it desires is to have a league of professionals. Separate the amateurs and professionals completely. Allow teams to become organizations or allow organizations to own teams. There really is no middle ground anymore. They either transition or die off.

I'm agreeing with Alex, some sort of Background Check would work.

Or getting to know the team and players a bit better before we pick them up.

They need to understand its a team game, and some just need to settle differences and work together.

TBH I don't think there is anything one actual person can do. I've tried several times with players that have been in my teams and if they decide they wanna leave they'll leave. The loyalty is rediculous, not very many players are really truely willing to work through their problems/difficulties to keep things going.

It's up to the individual person in my opinion. Not a lot else people can do.

Maybe some sort of role-model/coach idea might help? A younger player is encouraged by a well-respected player to stay loyal etc? Not sure how this could be done though.

Make a contract saying that they will be banned from vVv for a specific amount of time if their team fails to stay together for a specific amount of time.

People will always have conflicting views roster changes may result from them or the sheer need for more theyre is always another a team may think that a roster change can put them over the top its the same in football, basketball, etc. Theyre is no way to put a stop to roster changes if the above sports i just mentioned cant do it with grown ass men how can gamers do it with teenagers?

Since I have not been in the competitive scene these thoughts are coming from what I have seen and heard about professional teams. I think the (professional gamers) are getting younger and younger. And as you get younger people they tend to be less mature but believe me I have met some 12 year olds that are more mature than 50% of the people at MLg events and on GB. The way this problem can be solved is the team should stay together through thick and thin and if one person can't go to the next event don't just say oh well you can't go your off the team. I think rest of the team should either not go or go and just spectate. Even though the fourth player can't go to the event the team could stay at home and start practicing early and learn from the mistakes people made at the event they missed and also save money. The Less mature a team is the more likely they will make severe roster changes IMO. And Jerry I don't think this problem can be fixed because people are so stubborn and selfish these days they won't listen.

stop chasing the pro gamer dream, making a quick roster change isn't going to make the team better. it's getting a perfect groove with the people you have.

I have to agree with Alex. The majority of teams who we have competed against since December 2007 have died because of one outstanding notion and that is, "to be better we must obtain the best."

Unfortunately for these teams, this mindset often resulted in an exponential decline in teamwork for various reasons, most notably; egos clashing. The constant pursuit of the next all star to replace the mediocre backbone is nothing more than a quick fix. It's pretty obvious, the more you do something, the better you get. Skill increases over time. The more you play with the same people, the more your ability to read each other grows, thus further enhancing teamwork.

There is nothing one organization can do to prevent a team from changing rosters other than attempt to find a team that simply has no desire to do so. Rather than looking for a prevention, avoid the problem all together.

This is undoubtedly easier said than done and is merely my view on the topic.

rosters will keep changing until epic makes gow 2 a consistent game, instead of changing all aspects of it every single update.

It's the prevalent problem that consistently plagues console gaming. The problem is that there are no leagues. MLG is not a league with set teams. It's a tournament organizer. Players have no binding contracts to make them stay with a team or organization. Even top Halo pros change teams constantly. There are no consistent franchises or teams. There needs to be a setup like European football leagues, where teams are organizations withing the league that sets up match play and tournaments. In other words, MLG needs to change or die off. It cannot persist in having an open tournament format when what it desires is to have a league of professionals. Separate the amateurs and professionals completely. Allow teams to become organizations or allow organizations to own teams. There really is no middle ground anymore. They either transition or die off.

This opinion right here completely has my vote. If there is no league type format such as the NFL or NBA that contracts the players and teams people will continue to roster change unless there is some consequences for excessive changes then teams will think twice about removing someone and then they will learn other ways of fixing there problems instead of removing people.

Make a contract witch it says if they dont stay together or can only drop players buy running it by you first....also make sure people on the team arent hot heads or IDIOTS...LOL