I'll start by saying this: vVv Destiny is a better team after this event then before this event. This was my first chance to watch them play, and it was an incredible experience.

The first thing I want to say is congratulation to vVv Destiny on acheiving pro status, and congratulations to vVv Alacrity for surprising everyone!

vVv Destiny

DSC_0020.jpg

Overall, Destiny's strats were their weakest link. This is my fault as well as Perilous for not working with the team more. We will have this fixed before Columbus. Watch EVERYONE copy our new Statis strat ;-)

Enmity: Your always consistently destroying kids. It's great to watch. I think you're biggest weakness is that you do not control your team the way, say, Terror does. . . you tend to want their input and give them a chance to speak, but sometimes, you have to go with what you know. Be a little more forceful when it comes to strats and what you know to be the best use of your own skills. Also, abuse that host more, son. . . when you do. . . bodies go flying! Never sit back on host! Great job!

Mephisto The heart of the team, the strat caller, just an all around awesome player. Good strat calls. Be more aggressive in solving problems, and ask "What is our goal?" Look for the weakest link and get the team to focus on it. You had some sick clutches and headshots. You ARE "Big Daddy."

Perilous Still need to go from calling out and motivation to problem solving. I'll try and work with you more. . . if not, Destiny may try and yank me out of retirement. . . DON'T LET THEM DO THAT. Besides, Doomhammer is forbidding me to coach. ;-) He says it would affect my Warhammer time. Step it UP!

Requiem Smartest player on the team, fearless and very willing to make things happen. I would like for you to use that Hammerburst more, before rushing, but otherwise, you add a a lot of speed and depth to the team. Be more vocal in solving problems. And tell me that you don't look like David Spade!

Storm Your skill on LAN is unmistakable. You can now settle into the team, and start to do the hard work of improving your positioning, and your focus. You got a little over-confident in the end and rushed a few rounds I thought you should have waited, but that is OK. I am glad to see you confident, just be careful. Next big item: work on positioning, and be supportive of your teammates. Enmity is your captain, never forget that, so support him and keep him happy when you are training for Columbus. You have earned your spot on this team with this performance. Now, take your game to the next level. You will need to if the team is to go farther.

All of you must use more capture cards! Analyze your game footage, and stop just recording them and letting it go. We will set up weekly meetings with me and perilous to discuss the game.

vVv Alacrity

DSC_7319.jpg

First off, thanks for choosing a name smarter than the MLG Staff. I laughed so hard listening to them try and say your team name. . . LMAO! I guess some staff were too busy playing Halo to get hooked on phonics. I kid the MLG. . . I do.

This team has a lot of heart. They have great chemistry. I didn't watch enough of each player to feel confident enough to comment. I will say this. . . you are great off host, but you must learn to beast more on host. ABUSE IT! That means you. . . Zodyak's boyfriend. . . vVv Eckardt ;-) vVv Alacrity has made me and the organization very proud, and we are glad you are here! I also want to meet with your team once a week and talk starts, as long as vVv Konflict controls how much he speaks ;-) Do not make roster changes, you will only grow from here. Great first event!

LordJerith's Shoutouts

Fr0ot: Can you say COACH?! I think Fr0ot MUST come to EVERY event! Chris, you are so awesome. We all LOVE you. After working with you for TWO years, I finally get to meet you. Thanks for all those pics! Also. . your sister is (from what EVERYONE TELLS ME) H-A-W-T! So keep her away from these nerds!

Doomhammer: Thanks for all your help and support. I see a real leader here in vVv Gaming, and an excellent analyst. You're invaluable to us. We're glad your MLG cherry has been popped (well, you have to start somewhere). ;-) Thank you!

Mrs. Violence: We should talk about next steps in your career. You looked frustrated with this event (the MLG ran the WORST event). We love you!

Konvict: Your support and offers to coach, and your friendly attitude mean you will be back on staff helping Exodus with apps.

Empire: Now, if you could take some of that game analysis work and commentary and do some WRITING, you could find your way back on staff. Discipline Padawan!

Ashes: Good event! We know you're going to Ireland for Columbus, so prepare for Dallas. . . maybe staff if playing doesn't work out?

RobZGod: Don't go anywhere! I appreciate all your support and thoughts. As you continue to mature, you're going to be a beast.

Answer: You da man! How do you like Jordan's shirt? ;-). HUGS! Let's get some new teams in!

MbN: The best team on the circuit, no question at all.

High Distortion: Best player, when he controls his temper

CdN: I want you in vVv. . . and bring Dominion to Columbus!

Rain: You played very well, good job!

Gameover and R6 community: We still love you.

Knee: You're e a cool cat, we'd like to see more of you around here.

Demon: You're gonna want back in one day ;-)

vVv LordJerith's F-M-L-K-Y-S Awards

Sundown: The "big things" you said your team was going to do. . . ummm. . . was the big surprise NOT getting out of open bracket? SURPRISE! (I think you were the only one surprised, though).

Carsonz: Please, don't open your mouth. . . EVER! You played well, but the way you treated your team. . . you make gay people scream, "Wow! Now THIS Little Miss Thang REDEFINES Bitch!" 2 snaps in z-formation honey. . . learn to lose with grace and also learn NOT to make a tragic spectacle of yourself!

Fritzley: Just too good to wear a vVv shirt? Keep this in mind. . . success is fleeting, community is forever. . . If I were you, I'd explain myself and apologize. Funny, RobZGod got dropped from Destiny and wore his shirt the whole time. You think wearing that MLG shirt is the way to go? You ARE new to this, aren't you? Ask the R6 community about the MLG. ;-)

Release: Nice coach! Have him apply to MoB Gaming. . . they need a more vocal coach! ;-)

Frag Dominant vs. Raw Talent: Thank you for redefining camping! Where were those sporty FRagD shirts Orlando promised? They would have come in handy as the cold night air surrounded the campfire.

Leon: If you're going to talk shit. . . learn to do at event where you don't boom yourself, torque yourself and boom your team.

Shocka: I think you need to hear this. . .Sit down. . .Embrace your suck. Walking out on your team during consolation so they have to play with their coach is not very sporty of you. Keep this in mind when people don't want to team with you for Columbus . . . Wait. . . scratch that, you have pro seeding points. . . maybe you and Carson's can form a team? Call it: Off Constantly. That way, you can laugh when they announce vVv Alacrity. . . wait. . . MLG can't pronounce a-l-a-c-r-i-t-y, so let's use. . . Legacy. Legacy beats Off Constantly (which they do, have you looked at Fritzley).

Crank: Get more sleep and don't team with immature kids. . . I felt bad for you, I really did. Heck, get back on FragD if you have to.. . . they need someone who doesn't tip the scales at over 300lbs. . . look at the bright side, if you went back to FragD, you'd be the fittest person on the team. AND STOP WEARING SHIRTS THAT ARE ONE SIZE TOO SMALL! They make you look fat. . . and this upsets Carsonz and his fashion sense. (Jesse, I really did feel bad for you).

MLG: I think I once went to a Rocky Mountain wedding ran better than this event. You need to hear this, as I spoke to a lot of parents. Where to start?

Nice job with Str8 Rippin and Dr. Peeper, sorry, Dr. Pepper. Dr. Peeper got a high school dropout and a team that got slapped. Maybe all that sugary Dr. Pepper isn't good for TSquared's game? Glad you charged parents $15 to sit on the floor. . . and did I mention how thrilled parents are to have their kids eating Ballpark Franks, drinking Dr, Pepper, chewing on Stride gum handed out by chicks saying "It lasts longer than you," and playing video games? You should put FragD up on your site next to those Ballpark Frank ads and make FragD the "Top Dogs." Lord knows they are no strangers to food. Did I mention how happy parents were that you couldn't even tell them what time their kids were going to play? You need to reevaluate the spectator experience. It was terrible. FYI: I dare you to tell me that I can't come to an event for exercising free speech on vVv Gaming's forums. I double dog dare you. . . I dare you your Ballpark Franks sponsor. B)

Final Thoughts

Good Times, good people and a lot of Gears of War makes for a good weekend. I think everyone got sick, but that is 'cause we were all making out. Where was Lithium when you needed him? I had fun. Look forward to Columbus!

Damn, I wish I could get to an MLG event as easy as you guys, This write up gives me an edge on everyones personality and how they are in person, Thanks for that Jerry. x

Amazing write up. Wish I could have gone. Looked like fun except for the commentators "he is coming up with the hammerburst, torque bow, shotgun, boomshot? Oh I don't know I think we should get someone over here who has actually played gears for more than 5 seconds." But that's just my opinion. I hope there will be a MLG Atlanta or Orlando so I can go.

OMG Jerry im taking some of that its my new signature lol omg ur absolutly write and btw i would love to help Exo with apps ;)

Guest Rain

Good write up, wanted to introduce myself, but most of the time you seemed very into Destiny's matches. Thanks for the shout out btw.

Guest vVv Nero
After reading this, I'll do all that I can to make it to Columbus. Is JePz even around anymore?

Nope, he quit gaming.

amazing write up jerry i was crying i was laughing so hard and id love the admin thing so ill consider it. I loved meadows and had a great time meeting everyone!

I was wearing my vVv shirt, I wouldn't ask for one if I wasn't going to wear it. I took it off because it was making me sweat like crazy. I had two shirts on, the MLG shirt was under that one. Sorry for the misunderstanding but I thought I mentioned that.

Oh, and Getting Kicked off featured stage for pr0 = Fail.

inorite

Good analysis Jerry. You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I'd like nothing better than to get my shit together and get back to where I was. I had fun with the 'spectator experience', but that's only because I did everything I wasn't supposed to. ;)

Guest vVv Nero
Well that's unfortunate =/

He was going to coach New Era (he's friends with Procision), but CarSoN refused to have him as coach and threatened to not talk the whole event.

He was going to coach New Era (he's friends with Procision), but CarSoN refused to have him as coach and threatened to not talk the whole event.

Well. . . I watched Primetime coach and. . . well. . . lol. . . I'm not sure they could have done worse.

Guest vVv Nero
Well. . . I watched Primetime coach and. . . well. . . lol. . . I'm not sure they could have done worse.

Yeah, Primetime said this in reference to his coaching:

I was basically just coaching nickz and carson the entire time