Jump to content
vVv Doomhammer

New vVv Logo Design

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, SlickRL said:

Ok, ive spent the last 45 minutes in MS Paint. Im hoping you all understand what my thoughts are. Paint is rough for this, let me tell you.

Draft logo proposal.png

I like the idea of keeping the V's as well.. while I feel the eagle is a novel concept, 12+ years of history is a lot to throw away, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vVv Skeensyy said:

I like the idea of keeping the V's as well.. while I feel the eagle is a novel concept, 12+ years of history is a lot to throw away, in my opinion.

Agreed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vVv Bagzli said:

Sorry, I think I may have missed it if you said this before, but could you tell me why you are giving links to logos of other orgs? Are you saying we should do something similar or something else?

Did IQs drop suddenly while I was gone? YES something similar🙄 I would do it myself but I have no paint programs or anything. Stack some V's vertically and maybe add some wings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 12:57 PM, SlickRL said:

Ok, ive spent the last 45 minutes in MS Paint. Im hoping you all understand what my thoughts are. Paint is rough for this, let me tell you.

Draft logo proposal.png

eww, now it just looks like something i pulled out of a happy meal or belongs on a fisherprice toy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, vVv ORION said:

Did IQs drop suddenly while I was gone? YES something similar🙄 I would do it myself but I have no paint programs or anything. Stack some V's vertically and maybe add some wings

No need to be a douche 🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, vVv ORION said:

Did IQs drop suddenly while I was gone? YES something similar🙄 I would do it myself but I have no paint programs or anything. Stack some V's vertically and maybe add some wings

I asked that question because I couldn't understand why we would want to rip off other organizations and lose our identity in the process.

Edited by vVv Bagzli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

welp, I've said my peace. what ever is decided for the logo. Im out of it. The longer this goes on the more its turning into a pissing match on ways to go versus legit dicussion. Im not one for pissing matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, SlickRL said:

welp, I've said my peace. what ever is decided for the logo. Im out of it. The longer this goes on the more its turning into a pissing match on ways to go versus legit dicussion. Im not one for pissing matches.

Exactly! Everyone just needs to help eachother and contribute ideas instead on pissing on them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to start by saying that we will change the logo.  I think every logo change has resistance, and I appreciate that we won't make everyone happy.  I am happy to those of you leaving constructive feedback, and I like the way it's moving.

We'll get the original design files from the company since we have reached our maximum number of revisions, and ask @vVv Pherzghul if he'll make the final edits (maybe with and without the shield).

Again, to those of you who said you like the old one, I hear you.  Unfortunately, we have decided to change the logo, and your input to make it better is always welcome, but there is no need to ask for the old one anymore.

 

Rock on!  More good stuff to follow,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vVv LordJerith said:

I want to start by saying that we will change the logo.  I think every logo change has resistance, and I appreciate that we won't make everyone happy.  I am happy to those of you leaving constructive feedback, and I like the way it's moving.

We'll get the original design files from the company since we have reached our maximum number of revisions, and ask @vVv Pherzghul if he'll make the final edits (maybe with and without the shield).

Again, to those of you who said you like the old one, I hear you.  Unfortunately, we have decided to change the logo, and your input to make it better is always welcome, but there is no need to ask for the old one anymore.

 

Rock on!  More good stuff to follow,

Amen and case closed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 12:57 PM, SlickRL said:

Ok, ive spent the last 45 minutes in MS Paint. Im hoping you all understand what my thoughts are. Paint is rough for this, let me tell you.

Draft logo proposal.png

 

 

Is this about what you had in mind?

D3JSr4U.png

 

 

Or with a gradient:
tvyfXb7.png

 

Edited by vVv Pherzghul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vVv Stitches said:

I like the first one however why must it be half light and half dark?

For depth, otherwise it's just plain flat. Not that there is anything wrong with flat either, just a different approach to the design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vVv Pherzghul said:

For depth, otherwise it's just plain flat. Not that there is anything wrong with flat either, just a different approach to the design.

I feel like flat would look better on shirts and merch but that’s my opinion. I like this final design though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vVv Stitches said:

I feel like flat would look better on shirts and merch but that’s my opinion. I like this final design though 

There will be a flat version for gear. It's a lot easier, cheaper and looks a lot better on shirts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, vVv Pherzghul said:

 

 

Is this about what you had in mind?

D3JSr4U.png

 

 

Or with a gradient:
tvyfXb7.png

 

Can we make the V's slightly less thick. that way this red on both sides distinguishing the Vs? but yes that is the ideology. Also I like the black ring instead of the grey alot more. it makes it pop

 

 

Edited by vVv SlickRL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vVv Slick said:

welp, I've said my peace. what ever is decided for the logo. Im out of it. The longer this goes on the more its turning into a pissing match on ways to go versus legit dicussion. Im not one for pissing matches.

Same here, I've said enough and I like the direction for change and I hope we only start to grow from here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vVv Slick said:

Can we make the V's slightly less thick. that way this red on both sides distinguishing the Vs? but yes that is the ideology. Also I like the black ring instead of the grey alot more. it makes it pop

 

 

100% agreed,  if you thinned out the v's a bit it would be perfect imo. You're are the man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with thining, 

Some other ideas for a whole new direction:

  1. A wire that leads to the silhouette of a community with vVv gaming logo embedded in Saturn's ring surrounding the community
  2. Something more Gold Club like this: https://pinevalleycountryclub.com/
  3. A wire that leads to a diverse group of figures gaming with a vVv logo around them or on their shirts?
  4. Something wild like 3 old men pissing on a copy of an FPS game wearing vVv shirts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vVv LordJerith said:

I agree with thining, 

Some other ideas for a whole new direction:

  1. A wire that leads to the silhouette of a community with vVv gaming logo embedded in Saturn's ring surrounding the community
  2. Something more Gold Club like this: https://pinevalleycountryclub.com/
  3. A wire that leads to a diverse group of figures gaming with a vVv logo around them or on their shirts?
  4. Something wild like 3 old men pissing on a copy of an FPS game wearing vVv shirts

As long as they're pissing on Anthem, I can get behind that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, the shield with the v's in it looks great, thin the v's out so one you can see all 3, currently looks like two and also to be more uniform to me the v's minus the bird is the way to go. Old with new, loving the feedback,  can't wait to nail it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, vVv Exodus said:

Honestly, the shield with the v's in it looks great, thin the v's out so one you can see all 3, currently looks like two and also to be more uniform to me the v's minus the bird is the way to go. Old with new, loving the feedback,  can't wait to nail it down.

This! I can support the shield but I rather have our V’s stand out! It’s within our blood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...