Welcome to vVv Gaming

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• vVv Bagzli

We have moved to Discord   08/04/2016

There has been a strong desire among the community to migrate to Discord for quite some time. As of today, our community will be using Discord and as a result, we will no longer be actively using our TeamSpeak Server.  The TeamSpeak server will temporarily stay active to help inform all of our move to Discord. Within the next couple of months, it will be shut down completely.  For a quick invite to our new Discord server, you can click here.  
      For a full detailed guide visit http://www.vVv-Gaming.com/Discord
    • vVv Bagzli

New Supersonic Series Start Time   10/17/2016

We would like to thank everyone who participated in our recent survey regarding the start time of our tournaments.  After reviewing responses from the survey sent out to tournament participants we have decided to make changes to the start time of our events to try to better accommodate everyone.  Beginning on Monday, October 24th, all of our tournaments will start an hour earlier - at 8PM Eastern.  This means that registration will close at 7:30 EST, and that check-in starts at 7:30 EST and closes at 7:45 EST.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unlucky

Hey Everyone!

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone!

I'm Unlucky (kappa).  Most people call me Amy, which is my real name. However, either name is fine. :D

I'm from a small town surrounded by cornfields in Illinois, which is the type of area I grew up in. Not a whole lot to do growing up in a town of 600 people so I took to gaming from watching my brother all the time lol.

I've traveled a bit (I like road trips) and have lived in a few different places such as Michigan and BC, Canada.

I'm a PC gamer. I never really got into console gaming.

My very first game that I dedicated probably too much time to was WoW. I played for about 2 years & got into raid progression pretty heavily. I was co guild master to a raiding guild that was 2nd top raiding guild on the server. I was a raid leader for our tier 1 10 man raid group and was in the top 5 best geared priests/healer on the server.

I would say I devoted way too much to the game. When you request off work for a week so you can play a new expansion, there maybe a sign of too much devotion? Lol. I got burnt out on WoW eventually, resigned in guild and one day I logged out and I never logged back in. Still no desire to play it. that game ate my soul lol. Around the time I quit, the MMO Rift had just launched so I played that for about a year. I got burnt out on MMOs in general so eventually quit Rift too.

A friend of mine introduced me to League of Legends, which I've been playing since season 1. I played a lot of LoL for 3-4 seasons. During this time I was a part of a gaming community that focused on League of Legends & Hearthstone tournaments. I became a staff member there and eventually became an Admin.

I was an admin of the community for about a year and a half. During this time I helped run League events. I hosted RP Prized tournaments every week, twice a week, and eventually ran a 10-week League series for higher ELO players and a League series for lower ELO players.

When I joined the community it was a pretty small community and the 2 years I was there it had grown so much and I enjoyed the work I put into the community. However, Riot made a lot of changes to RP prizing and stopped funding online tournaments so it steered a lot of members who participated on events away and I believe the owner began to become burnt out and eventually shut down the TS server and stopped all events. 

I've grown less interested in League and moved onto other games in the past year or so. I played the Overwatch beta and fell in love with it and still play a lot of it. I also play a bit of CS:GO and for a while binge played H1Z1: KotK and then PUBG came out. I played the beta and I felt I was done with H1Z1: KotK lol so I play a lot of PUBG as well. I also like to stream and watch streams, especially PUBG streams, which is how I found vVv Gaming!

I stumbled upon the PUBG tournament stream tonight and watching the tournament was really fun! After watching the tournament and checking out the website & discord I knew I wanted to join the community. I look forward to meeting you all and playing some PUBG or Overwatch with you! Thanks for reading my book of an introduction! :D           -Amy/Unlucky

Edited by Unlucky

Hi Amy,

Welcome to the community.  That was quite a colorful introduction lol.  We are typically more active on discord than on these forum. With that said if you want to hangout and play some pubg join our discord. I typically play after 7pm eastern on weekdays. Feel free to hit me up for a game if you are looking for a duo or more squad members. 

Now I gtg to work lol. Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself! See you around. 

Unlucky likes this

Work eww lol. Yeah, maybe too much of an intro but it was pretty late and I was a bit talkative and bored lol. I just got back from being out of town for a bit for the 4th of July but I will try to hop on for some PUBG games soon. I'm still a bit of a PUBG noob though fair warning lol. See you around! :D

Don't worry, Bagzli is a noob at PUBG too! I am in the discord a lot, usually on PUBG or Rocket league. Feel free to stop by and say hello!

Unlucky likes this

Well, hello Amy. That was indeed a colorful introduction. And welcome to the mes-greatness that is vVv. :ph34r:

I play PUBG, Rocket League, and H1Z1. So if you're looking for people to play with, I am down to play anytime.

Unlucky likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys! Sorry it's been a few weeks since I have been on the server and haven't been able to play much with anyone. I had a very close friend pass way a couple weeks ago so I have been going through a rough time between this and getting stuck working on nights of tournaments to be able to hang out with people or even watch on Twitch :( I hope to be able to come say hi to people soon & I hope everyone is doing well! Also heard their is first person now in PUBG that I have yet to try 

Edited by Unlucky