Welcome to vVv Gaming

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• vVv Bagzli

We have moved to Discord   08/04/2016

There has been a strong desire among the community to migrate to Discord for quite some time. As of today, our community will be using Discord and as a result, we will no longer be actively using our TeamSpeak Server.  The TeamSpeak server will temporarily stay active to help inform all of our move to Discord. Within the next couple of months, it will be shut down completely.  For a quick invite to our new Discord server, you can click here.  
      For a full detailed guide visit http://www.vVv-Gaming.com/Discord
    • vVv Bagzli

New Supersonic Series Start Time   10/17/2016

We would like to thank everyone who participated in our recent survey regarding the start time of our tournaments.  After reviewing responses from the survey sent out to tournament participants we have decided to make changes to the start time of our events to try to better accommodate everyone.  Beginning on Monday, October 24th, all of our tournaments will start an hour earlier - at 8PM Eastern.  This means that registration will close at 7:30 EST, and that check-in starts at 7:30 EST and closes at 7:45 EST.
vVv GrimWolf

vVv Application - GrimWolf

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Name: Joshua Bruntmyer

Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GrimWolfKun/

Battle.Net Tag: GrimWolf#1942

What is the game you are currently most active in and why? Rocket League, primarily on PC, but also have it on XB1 as well. Over a year ago, I saw some videos of it and it looked interesting, but didn't have the money to get it. Then shortly afterwards, got the money, bought the game, and got hooked on it ever since. Been putting in a few hours, just about, into the game everyday and love to play on a competitive scene.

What are some other games that you currently play? I play Battlefield 1 (XB1), Call of Duty (XB1), Hearthstone, Diablo 3, Borderlands 1 and 2, Overwatch (XB1), H1Z1: KoTK, Hearts of Iron IV, Blackwake, Golf With Your Friends, and quite a few others.

How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom? I have heard about it vVv Gaming when I was watching Star Craft 2 streams and tournaments a few years back. Met a player from there as well when I was playing, chatted a little, then went to check out. Ever since then, been a lurker till recently.

Who do you currently know in vVv Gaming? How did you get to know them? I know Deathsgrasp, Mohulis, Bagzli, and Petey. I got to know a little over a week ago, playing Rocket League with them in privates and competitive over the week. They are great people and hope to keep playing with them.

Why are you interested in joining vVv Gaming? I've been interested in joining since Star Craft 2 days, but back then I was very shy and not really good at some of the games I was playing. Now, I'm interested again as I am no longer shy, and want to further myself into the competitive scene and world of gaming.

What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming? My hobbies outside of the gaming world... I snowboard during the winter season, just for kicks and giggles. I, also, read books and a partial writer when in the mood to think of random stories. Love playing baseball and being apart of that world when I can, just for fun though and not professionally. 

How do you plan to add value to vVv Gaming? I can lead by example and help those that need help. I am not afraid to ask questions and reply with answers that are needed. I seek to aim to the top and reach goals for vVv and myself.

Do you attend LAN Events? I would love to attend outside of local LANs, but I do attend local LANs for fighting games, Call of Duty, and some other games.

Edited by GrimWolf

Hi Joshua, it's awesome to see you apply! What kind of stories do you write? Do you have any examples you would be willing to share? I'm intrigued and would love to read a few. 

good to see more people applying! good luck with your application!

7 hours ago, vVv Bagzli said:

Hi Joshua, it's awesome to see you apply! What kind of stories do you write? Do you have any examples you would be willing to share? I'm intrigued and would love to read a few. 

Hello! I usually write fantasy and sadly, I do not have examples to share as they are in physical notebook that I keep in a storage. Though, I do plan on getting another and doing some more shorts.

7 hours ago, vVv deathsgrasp said:

good to see more people applying! good luck with your application!

Thank you. :)

vVv deathsgrasp likes this

Have you thought about writing for an audience? Did you ever consider trying to make something out of this hobby of yours?

1 hour ago, vVv Bagzli said:

Have you thought about writing for an audience? Did you ever consider trying to make something out of this hobby of yours?

I have not thought about doing so. To be frank, thought my grammar was only average and not really much of a person that can capture an audience. Though, I should probably put some thought into it.

I, vVv deathsgrasp, endorse Grimwolf!

How much time have you spent with the applicant, in-game or out? 

• I have been playing with him off and on around a few weeks now and I must say even though I usually play RL on east servers I don't hear not 1 word of complaint coming from him which is cool. shows character! Lord knows I'd be huffing and puffing.   

What was your first impression of the community member? Did it change at all over time? If so, how?

• He's a chill down to earth guy very cool to play with and even just talk to. He is very friendly and always willing to play. He has been like this since iv had the pleasure of meeting him

What was your favorite moment with them (in-game or out)?

• Every time I play with grim its always a fun experience! I'd have to say my favorite time with him is probably every time he carries me when I'm drunk :Dmakes me feel like im not too much of a burden and allows me to continue having fun as well! 

What makes this applicant a good fit for vVv Gaming?

• The fact he's always willing to play with anyone who he meets IMO makes him a perfect candidate because after all what good is a gaming community if people aren't willing to make friends.

How could they improve to be a better potential community member?

• I think maybe offering his help to some of the staff members for example on Monday night drafts is a quick and easy way to better his potential! it's really easy and doesn't take more than like an hour and REALLY helps the staff set up teams and what not. NOW GO AND BUG MOH!  ;)

Anything else we should know about this applicant? Any skills or talents that no one else knows yet?

IM NOT A STALKER JESUS but if I do find out in my research some new and interesting set of skills he's hiding... I will come.... and edit this post...

YOUR JOURNY IS JUST BEGINNING YOUNG GRASSHOPPER! look forward to seeing you around!

vVv GrimWolf likes this

On 4/4/2017 at 3:58 PM, vVv deathsgrasp said:

I, vVv deathsgrasp, endorse Grimwolf!

• I have been playing with him off and on around a few weeks now and I must say even though I usually play RL on east servers I don't hear not 1 word of complaint coming from him which is cool. shows character! Lord knows I'd be huffing and puffing.   

What was your first impression of the community member? Did it change at all over time? If so, how?

• He's a chill down to earth guy very cool to play with and even just talk to. He is very friendly and always willing to play. He has been like this since iv had the pleasure of meeting him

• Every time I play with grim its always a fun experience! I'd have to say my favorite time with him is probably every time he carries me when I'm drunk :Dmakes me feel like im not too much of a burden and allows me to continue having fun as well! 

• The fact he's always willing to play with anyone who he meets IMO makes him a perfect candidate because after all what good is a gaming community if people aren't willing to make friends.

• I think maybe offering his help to some of the staff members for example on Monday night drafts is a quick and easy way to better his potential! it's really easy and doesn't take more than like an hour and REALLY helps the staff set up teams and what not. NOW GO AND BUG MOH!  ;)

Anything else we should know about this applicant? Any skills or talents that no one else knows yet?

IM NOT A STALKER JESUS but if I do find out in my research some new and interesting set of skills he's hiding... I will come.... and edit this post...

YOUR JOURNY IS JUST BEGINNING YOUNG GRASSHOPPER! look forward to seeing you around!

Thank you for the endorsement! You know how to make a man blush, Deaths. 

3 hours ago, amp_ said:

Woo! Congrats Grim! :D

Thanks, amp_ :D

I, vVv Bagzli, endorse Grimwolf!

• I don't have an exact number but been playing with Joshua for about 3-4 months at least.

• I don't honestly remember my first impression, however, I can say that he is a person who tries hard and is willing to take feedback.

• My favorite moment was when he defeated me in a 1v1 game. He didn't go to brag about it nor has ever brought it up.  Typically people are too quick to brag about that, but not Grimm. I like him better as a person for that.

• He is very active on our discord and I think this activity alone helps us bring more people to vVv Gaming.

• I would say that I do often see him sitting alone in a channel. I would suggest that when you can't find anyone online to play with, a good strategy is to meet somebody in a pug 2v2 and befriend them, bring them on discord and next time when there is nobody around again, they might be!

• Unfortunately, I don't have anything :(
vVv GrimWolf likes this

21 hours ago, vVv Bagzli said:

I, vVv Bagzli, endorse Grimwolf!

• I don't have an exact number but been playing with Joshua for about 3-4 months at least.

• I don't honestly remember my first impression, however, I can say that he is a person who tries hard and is willing to take feedback.

• My favorite moment was when he defeated me in a 1v1 game. He didn't go to brag about it nor has ever brought it up.  Typically people are too quick to brag about that, but not Grimm. I like him better as a person for that.

• He is very active on our discord and I think this activity alone helps us bring more people to vVv Gaming.

• I would say that I do often see him sitting alone in a channel. I would suggest that when you can't find anyone online to play with, a good strategy is to meet somebody in a pug 2v2 and befriend them, bring them on discord and next time when there is nobody around again, they might be!

• Unfortunately, I don't have anything :(

Thank you, Bagzli. I feel humble about this.

I, vVv Petedz, endorse GrimWolf !

• I have played with GrimWolf for a few months now.

• I didn't know GrimWolf at first, but saw him around a lot. I began playing some games with him and always thought he was a cool guy. Never acting crazy or being a jerk, always nice and down to earth.

• My favorite moment is probably beating him on stream. I always enjoying knocking Grim out of tournaments. 

• He is very active and constantly being nice to everyone he interacts with. He has fun even while losing, and loves rocket league. Being Rocket league is one of the most important games to vVv it is good to have active members like GrimWolf who consistently contributes positively. 

• I always tell Grim to Git Gud, but it doesn't seem to learn haha! I really don't have anything, he is always helpful and kind. If i had to pick something, i guess maybe he could help out in events, or something, not really sure.

• He can really sing, i wish more people knew. If you ever get the chance, ask him to sing his favorite Gwen Stefani song.
vVv GrimWolf likes this

Congratulations! After reviewing your application, posts, social media activity and reviewing feedback from staff and community, I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected for a panel-interview! We will be covering every link in this thread during the interview, so READ THIS CAREFULLY! Please send me a forum pm with your availability over the next few days so that we can schedule the pre-interview. A typical interview session lasts for approximately 1 - 2.5 hours Congrats! Come Prepared!

I'm also in the middle of taking my final exams, so please include availability over the next few WEEKS.