Welcome to vVv Gaming

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• vVv Bagzli

We have moved to Discord   08/04/2016

There has been a strong desire among the community to migrate to Discord for quite some time. As of today, our community will be using Discord and as a result, we will no longer be actively using our TeamSpeak Server.  The TeamSpeak server will temporarily stay active to help inform all of our move to Discord. Within the next couple of months, it will be shut down completely.  For a quick invite to our new Discord server, you can click here.  
      For a full detailed guide visit http://www.vVv-Gaming.com/Discord
    • vVv Bagzli

New Supersonic Series Start Time   10/17/2016

We would like to thank everyone who participated in our recent survey regarding the start time of our tournaments.  After reviewing responses from the survey sent out to tournament participants we have decided to make changes to the start time of our events to try to better accommodate everyone.  Beginning on Monday, October 24th, all of our tournaments will start an hour earlier - at 8PM Eastern.  This means that registration will close at 7:30 EST, and that check-in starts at 7:30 EST and closes at 7:45 EST.
Lyrical

vVv Application: Lyrical

12 posts in this topic

Name: Chase Parker

Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lyrical_Lull/

Battle.Net Tag: Lyrical #11604

What is the game you are currently most active in and why? (only name one game) : Minecraft. I host and administrate the vVv Minecraft server, so you could say I am the most active player on the server! I am usually busy editing the map or adding features and helping out players.

What are some other games that you currently play? Overwatch, Minecraft, Legend of Zelda: BOTW (woo!)

How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom? I learned about vVv through the Rocket League tournaments a long time ago when we still used teamspeak. I spent a lot of time participating in tournaments, and eventually lost interest in RL and hopped over to Minecraft!

Who do you currently know in vVv Gaming? How did you get to know them? Bliss is my girlfriend who I met before participating in vVv. We met in Rocket League and currently live together. Mohulis is a good buddy of mine who me and Ali (Bliss) met on Rocket League as well a bit later through vVv. Syracuse is another buddy of mine that me and Ali met through Rocket league-- now that I think about it, pretty much everyone I know now through vVv was directly through the Rocket League tournaments!

Why are you interested in joining vVv Gaming? I hope to bring a whole separate department that vVv hasn't expanded in, the less competitive side associated with creativity, learning, exploring, and building. I hope to join and express my ability to add to what already exists.

What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming? I spend a great deal of time organizing networks and netcode, developing games through an engine as well as practicing piano and composing music.

How do you plan to add value to vVv Gaming? : I plan to add value through many different means. Seeing as vVv is very focused around competition, I hope to include that aspect to the server I am running through Minecraft by hosting events that bring out each players' inner ability to do their best and enjoy doing that.

Do you attend LAN Events? I only almost attended one locally but ended up not going, but maybe in the future! I'm all for conventions though.

1 hour ago, vVv Petey said:

Is that you in your profile pic?

Nope it's Sergei Prokofiev one of my favorite composers, but I got a picture on the About Me page for ya! :)

Edited by Lyrical

I, vVv Syracuse endorse Lyrical.
How much time have you spent with the applicant, in-game or out? 

• Chase (Lyrical) and I have known each other since September, but it seems like just yesterday baby.

What was your first impression of the community member? Did it change at all over time? If so, how?

• Chase has a hard outer shell then eventually transitions into a moist creamy center. He's a lovable character once you get to know him. ;)

What was your favorite moment with them (in-game or out)?

• Any moment where I can listen to him talk on and on about composers that no one has heard of before. He's actually a good storyteller. :)

What makes this applicant a good fit for vVv Gaming?

• He has a minecraft server, duh! In all seriousness, Chase possesses wonderful qualities that help him as a staff member and as a community leader. If anything, I look at this application as a formality. I've known him as part of the vVv breed for a while.

How could they improve to be a better potential community member?

• While this is mostly out of his control, Chase is a busy guy and isn't always available for other to talk to. I don't hold this against him, but if he could be more accessible to the community, it would help.

Anything else we should know about this applicant? Any skills or talents that no one else knows yet?

• He's a wonderful piano player, I'm sure he knows how to create a romantic atmosphere with such a skill. 

(Can't wait to see those V's big guy!)

23 hours ago, vVv Petey said:

Get it Lyrical!!  Need that selfie pic tho!!!

Clearly you have no idea how cool Prokofiev is!

I, vVv Bliss endorse Lyrical.

• Every day of my life is spent with this guy. So....a lot of time.

What was your first impression of the community member? Did it change at all over time? If so, how?

• Definitely changed. When I first met him, I was super quiet, because he was the first in game friend I had ever made. I didn't talk much, but over time I opened up to him and found out we had a lot in common! I learned he was a really chill and very intelligent guy. <3

• Damn this is a tough one. I have so many... I think my favourite was spending Christmas with him and my family this past year. My family is super close knit and they adore him, so we had a lot of fun playing games!

• Chase is extremely good at figuring out problems and working super hard on something he is passionate about. One of my favourite things about him is his resourcefulness and ability to work out tough problems. Recently he has put so much time into the Minecraft server and I'm super proud of him. Literally, he breathes Minecraft now. If he's not in game tinkering with plug-ins or playing with people in-game, he's researching plug-ins to make it better. all. the. time!

• Hmm.... This is tough too. He's already made himself available to people at all times practically. I think the only thing he could work on is pacing himself. I don't want him to overwork the Minecraft staff (though I've never heard them complain) and it also better for everyone if things happen at a more slow pace,  so he can focus on all the small details.

Anything else we should know about this applicant? Any skills or talents that no one else knows yet?

• Not only is he a wonderful piano player, he is a wonderful composer! I might be biased though. ;) Also, his innate ability to make up metaphors out of no where. (Disclaimer: they only make sense 75% of the time...)

How to Apply for Membership with vVv Gaming:

Step One: Ensure that you fulfill the requirements to apply for membership.  This includes:

• You are at least 16 years old.
  • If you have previously applied and had your application closed, ensure that at least 30 days have passed since the closure of the application.
  • You have previously joined our Discord server. You can find a guide on how to do this here
  • You have gone through our Common Knowledge article located here.
  • You have filled out your profile information on the forum.
  • You have filled out Contact Methods on your forum profile.
  • You have filled out About Me Section on your forum profile.
  • You have uploaded a personal picture of you on your forum profile.

Highlighted sentence is not completed! Please update it in order to proceed further with the application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vVv Bliss i believe ur not able to endorse him as you are not following the same rule. 
    There are no exceptions in this!

10 hours ago, vVv Bagzli said:

The endorsement is valid, but @vVv Bliss and @Lyrical please do update forum profile pics.

@vVv Bagzli @vVv Jackal

On 3/22/2017 at 10:53 PM, vVv Petey said:

Is that you in your profile pic?

On 3/23/2017 at 0:10 AM, Lyrical said:

Nope it's Sergei Prokofiev one of my favorite composers, but I got a picture on the About Me page for ya! :)

Either way, I've changed my profile picture for you, disregarding whether I am in the clear or not.

I, vVv Bagzli endorse Lyrical.

• I haven't spent too much time playing with Lyrical, but I have spent enough time working with him to get to know him.

• I don't remember my first impression, however, I do think he is a hard worker about things he is passionate about.

• My favorite moment was when he took a big loss on activity with his Minecraft division and he decided to keep going as oppose to giving up. I think that true leaders are the ones that stick through the thick and thin and build something out of nothing by inspiring others around them.

• His dedication to achieving his goals. I believe he will be a great member for he has shown dedication and activity.

• Take time off Minecraft and play other games with other community members by reaching out to them. Breaks are needed to be able to stay motivated on to your main goals, otherwise, you may burn yourself out. Also, I feel you may be "lone wolfing" yourself out of the community as I rarely see you talk to people besides Bliss and Syracuse. But that is my perspective based on limited activity so I could be wrong, regardless felt I should share my third point of view opinion.

• He is passionate about Minecraft!

Congratulations! After reviewing your application, posts, social media activity and reviewing feedback from staff and community, I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected for a panel-interview! We will be covering every link in this thread during the interview, so READ THIS CAREFULLY! Please send me a forum pm with your availability over the next few days so that we can schedule the pre-interview. A typical interview session lasts for approximately 1 - 2.5 hours Congrats! Come Prepared!