Welcome to vVv Gaming

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• vVv Bagzli

We have moved to Discord   08/04/2016

There has been a strong desire among the community to migrate to Discord for quite some time. As of today, our community will be using Discord and as a result, we will no longer be actively using our TeamSpeak Server.  The TeamSpeak server will temporarily stay active to help inform all of our move to Discord. Within the next couple of months, it will be shut down completely.  For a quick invite to our new Discord server, you can click here.  
      For a full detailed guide visit http://www.vVv-Gaming.com/Discord
    • vVv Bagzli

New Supersonic Series Start Time   10/17/2016

We would like to thank everyone who participated in our recent survey regarding the start time of our tournaments.  After reviewing responses from the survey sent out to tournament participants we have decided to make changes to the start time of our events to try to better accommodate everyone.  Beginning on Monday, October 24th, all of our tournaments will start an hour earlier - at 8PM Eastern.  This means that registration will close at 7:30 EST, and that check-in starts at 7:30 EST and closes at 7:45 EST.
deathsgrasp

application - deathsgrasp24

25 posts in this topic

Application Questions:

• Name: michael james stafford

• Steam profile link:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198143353048/

• Battle.Net Tag: if this is the same thing as game battles i havnt used it in like 10 years no joke with an old email at that i could make one if needed though!

• What is the game you are currently most active in and why? (only name one game) Rocket league - because this is probably one of the most friendliest and overall fun games iv played... yeah, you still get your trolls, your grievers, and the toxicity of our ciiiiiity (system of a down reference) is occasionally present but... not at bad as like fps or third person shooters for that matter... in which all communication.... is talking shit.... and its refreshing.... plus i can get drunk and still not play toooo bad ;D

• What are some other games that you currently play? for honor and gears of war 4

• How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom? it was the first tournament type deal i was invited by a friend too and i must say... i couldnt have landed in a better community (not trying to be kiss ass ish but seriously its awesome) it was apocolypse 2000 or mugen i believe if im not mistaken...

• Who do you currently know in vVv Gaming?  How did you get to know them? petey , bagzil, broba almost anyone who plays RL iv either played against or with... except bliss never got the chance to introduce myself... iv played a very entertaining cards of humanity a few times with someone i forgot who tho XD.....  oh and my biological father mohulis (a running twitch stream joke)... im in almost every monday night draft and even when i forget to sign up ill wait to sub or create a new team (shout out to moh and petey for litterally helping me out 5 times since when i first joined till now... awesome work guys if yall need help somewhere down the line if im able ill be more than willing to help out... and yes... ill be sober.... Whew! Savage!

• Why are you interested in joining vVv Gaming? yall are all around great people always willing to help and play... id love to add to yalls reputation i consider myself to be an asshole and a sucker for... things... to elaborate my humor style is sarcasm with a side of sarcasm sprinkled with darkness which most people take as either funny or being a jerk... now through the years iv secretly been compiling data and creating algorithms on which people i can successfully entertain with my natural self but for the few who maybe just aint into it... i understand and knock it back a few... iv always been able to mingle in whatever group i socialized with... so dont be too alarmed by me calling myself an asshole im just tell it like it is ;D
    Now. as for being a sucker for... things... ironically inbetween all the sarcasm and darkness is a nice fluffy teddy bear... and i cant but help it sometimes... so for example i see some poor challenger 2 sitting in lft by his lonesome ima guy who would take 4 hours of my night playing with him and coaching him and introducing him to my fiends rather than just ignoring him and playing by myself cause i have no friends.... its just the way i was raised i guess *tips gentleman hat*

• What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming? military stuff and working out .... and work.... i have not life... sorry =(

• How do you plan to add value to vVv Gaming? for now anything within my power so spreading the love that yall showed me... finding people bringing them in to meet yall and enjoying life... truth is i dont like talking about myself i rather lead by example then brag on what i can or cant bring to the table

• Do you attend LAN Events? i would absolutely love to... within reason of course  not traveling during the week to cali just to play 1 match lose then go home XD honestly its something i have no experience with because i was never supported when i was pro lvl at gears so i never got the opportunity to represent anyone like that... but id sure like to do it for yall!

• Will you be meeting with us in person at PAX SOUTH in January of 2017?*looks at the date and sucks teeth* wellp abit late for that..... again id love to... but if i could get a lift from someone id pitch in on drive time and gas money....XD   something i always wanted to do as well!
    i look forward from hearing from yall and maybe if the stars align playin with some of you as well! *in dragon ball z voice* seeya next week on SUPER SONIC DRAAAAAAAAFFFFT....

Welcome!

the Battle.net tag was in regards to Blizzard games, but no worries if you don't play them.

When you say military stuff, what do you mean? Are you in the military?

deathsgrasp likes this

yea im active duty national guard.... which basically means i get deployed just as much as active military but the difference is i only do 1 weekend a month for training and 2-3 weeks over the summer as apposed to active military does it as an every day job.... if that makes sense.... thats why i have a real job and not just military stuff all the time XD ill try to keep checking this if anyone else has questions!
if you are familiar with army active reserves then its just like that

Edited by deathsgrasp
vVv Saturn likes this

On 2/19/2017 at 6:05 PM, deathsgrasp said:

yea im active duty national guard.... which basically means i get deployed just as much as active military but the difference is i only do 1 weekend a month for training and 2-3 weeks over the summer as apposed to active military does it as an every day job.... if that makes sense.... thats why i have a real job and not just military stuff all the time XD ill try to keep checking this if anyone else has questions!
if you are familiar with army active reserves then its just like that

that's interesting, I didn't know anything about the National Guard.

Are there any skills you would like to develop through vVv? It could be something like learning to be more outgoing, or it could even be how to manage a project from idea to reality.

basically the only difference between national guard and reserves is we get paid by the state and are not federal so if NC has any natural disasters or riots or some shit instead of calling in the army to help they call us. but at the same time we are deploy-able as a relief unit to take over a post as needed... for example the guys in my unit been to Iran and Iraq and last deployment was a peace keeping mission in qatar.

Are there any skills you would like to develop through vVv? i would love to learn more about streaming/broadcasting/casting and everything in between im a fast learner, excel efficient and just an overall nerd =P. Im also familiar with writing code iv just never learned a language completely and to be honest probably forgot everything i did learn but i completely understand core concepts relating to if then statements and just general processes . i would actually like to learn how y'all made that stat bot... stuff like that intrigues me! >=)

If you could be anything/anyone in the world! What would it be? Job, Trade with person, or trade to be something. 

If you could be anything/anyone in the world! What would it be? Job, Trade with person, or trade to be something.     i would say a literal gaming potato but i already am that... soooo... i would say an undercover lottery winner... that way i wouldn't have to work my ass off like i do now and i could just invest into stocks and maybe a company or 2 then id just move into probably sub 2k square foot house and pretend i work for a bank... id do all the research and maybe even take a class or 2 just so i can use it in social situations while i secretly don't do shit all day... might even get a minimum wage part time job or something just to start on another cover if i get bored (plumber, electrician , janitor etc)... probably change my name just to be safe... im a man of simple tastes and manage money well so i think that would be enough to entertain me...

vVv Petey likes this

2 hours ago, deathsgrasp said:

If you could be anything/anyone in the world! What would it be? Job, Trade with person, or trade to be something.     i would say a literal gaming potato but i already am that... soooo... i would say an undercover lottery winner... that way i wouldn't have to work my ass off like i do now and i could just invest into stocks and maybe a company or 2 then id just move into probably sub 2k square foot house and pretend i work for a bank... id do all the research and maybe even take a class or 2 just so i can use it in social situations while i secretly don't do shit all day... might even get a minimum wage part time job or something just to start on another cover if i get bored (plumber, electrician , janitor etc)... probably change my name just to be safe... im a man of simple tastes and manage money well so i think that would be enough to entertain me...

S>A>V>A>G>E>

i will say. i did not expect that kind of answer!!!! well DONE!

deathsgrasp likes this

I, vVv Petey, endorse Deathsgrasp!

How much time have you spent with the applicant, in-game or out? 

• Been playing Rocket League with Death for a couple months. Actually I met him when I was a applicant.

What was your first impression of the community member? Did it change at all over time? If so, how?

• I wasnt so hot at Rocket League when I joined the community so I was excited to play with anyone better than me.  Death was easy to get along with and will play with anyone so I enjoyed his company.

What was your favorite moment with them (in-game or out)?

• The other week I did a Viewer Games Stream and he joined, we played Turtle only game play and that was hilarious to play.

What makes this applicant a good fit for vVv Gaming?

• He is always in discord waiting for people to join in and play with him. Very friendly guy too.

How could they improve to be a better potential community member?

• Post on the forums and attend more of our tournaments. 

Anything else we should know about this applicant? Any skills or talents that no one else knows yet?

• Well he is in the military so I believe his has what takes to bring some new talent and ideas to the table. 
deathsgrasp likes this

*blushes* 

25 minutes ago, vVv Petey said:

I, vVv Petey, endorse Deathsgrasp!

• Been playing Rocket League with Death for a couple months. Actually I met him when I was a applicant.

What was your first impression of the community member? Did it change at all over time? If so, how?

• I wasnt so hot at Rocket League when I joined the community so I was excited to play with anyone better than me.  Death was easy to get along with and will play with anyone so I enjoyed his company.

• The other week I did a Viewer Games Stream and he joined, we played Turtle only game play and that was hilarious to play.

• He is always in discord waiting for people to join in and play with him. Very friendly guy too.

• Post on the forums and attend more of our tournaments. 

Anything else we should know about this applicant? Any skills or talents that no one else knows yet?

• Well he is in the military so I believe his has what takes to bring some new talent and ideas to the table. 

*blushes* thanks man! i must say this process is pretty cool =P anyone else got anymore questions feel free to ask!

I've been wondering where do you see yourself in 5 years career wise.  I'm hoping to hear 2 answers. 1 where you wish you could be and 2 where you most likely will be. 

For example in my case I wish I was a CEO of my own organization started from nothing.  Most likely though I'll be working the same job I work now.  Seeing how I think I'm in a really good spot career wise, I see that as a good thing. 

*takes a deep breath and begins*
well i work in the textile industry which in the usa is a bit odd considering its mostly outsourced to china these days,  but hopefully trump will do something useful and use incentives to bring those jobs back which in my case will be great. now, i dont have a degree what i do have is work experience in just about every single area in the industry. from spreading fabric, to cutting it, to putting it into a sewing line  to inspection, to even screen printing, and finally shipping it off to customers. I  know how everything operates and how it should be controlled. not to mention i have already established contacts which in my opinion is better than a degree in most situations. so to finally answer your question. if 5 years i see myself in an operations manager position controlling everything from orders to shipping and everything in between. however, depending on life i might just end up over either spreading and cutting or shipping as i am currently the supervisor of both and i dont see my father in law choosing me over his son anyday soon ;D but in the mean time i learn everything i can so if any job opprotunities in the future present themselves ill be a great candidate with all my experience in all areas. *finally exhales* lol if yall cant tell i suck grammatically  please dont judge run on sentences are my favorite!
 NEXT QUESTION >=D

Nick Slagle likes this

that is my new best friend... THANKS!

I, vVv Mohulis, endorse Deathsgrasp!

• I've spent a fair bit of time with him, both in and out of Rocket League.

• Super friendly as a person in general, but I noticed he was very accepting to teammates no matter how good at RL they were.  He's continued to be this way as long as I've known him.

• It wasn't really one moment, but during Season 4 of the Supersonic Series his weekly fight for the top of the Draft leaderboards was pretty hilarious to watch.

• He is active in our discord, frequently looking for or playing with others, and friendly.

• Win more often. ;) j/k ||  Attend/help with more of our tourneys.

• Nothing that currently comes to mind.
deathsgrasp likes this

Woot, 2 endorsements down and 1 to go, keep it up man, you are almost there!

1 hour ago, vVv Mohulis said:

I, vVv Mohulis, endorse Deathsgrasp!

• I've spent a fair bit of time with him, both in and out of Rocket League.

• Super friendly as a person in general, but I noticed he was very accepting to teammates no matter how good at RL they were.  He's continued to be this way as long as I've known him.

• It wasn't really one moment, but during Season 4 of the Supersonic Series his weekly fight for the top of the Draft leaderboards was pretty hilarious to watch.

• He is active in our discord, frequently looking for or playing with others, and friendly.

• Win more often. ;) j/k ||  Attend/help with more of our tourneys.

• Nothing that currently comes to mind.

thanks for the kind words my friend! ill catch you around and try my best to stop loosing! =P

You've mentioned that you have DnD nights on Saturday, what is your character like and what prompted you to make it?

well let me introduce you to grog deathclaw.... grog is a half-orc barbarian whos sole goal in life is to do everything he can to bring fame to his clan... now grog had brothers before him arog , brog, crog ,drog, erog, and frog. grog being the 7th in his family clan... and yet not the last... all his earlier sibling went off into the world looking for great fame and well, found some success but ultimately failed miserably i wont bother you on their stories but essentially its up to grog to make a name for the deathclaw clan now... and so he like his siblings before him just charge into whatever's in front of him no questions asked... thankfully there are some adventurers who manage6 to steer him into the direction.... or door... he's not very smart or wise but is able to find everything he needs to stay alive almost without even thinking... just habits of being an outlander his companions can only assume... now, why did I make this char? well i thought it would be fun to get drunk and just fuck up all the plans of a guy in our group who is very much a tactician play style... but at the end of the day we still have fun so that's all that really matters ;D   its funny as shit playing with a rogue who's constantly trying to out think the enemy then grog peaks his head around a corner just to rage and kill (or try to at least again not very smart) whatever's in front of him. that being said I believe it's important for every person to role play what their char would do and not what you would do.... if that makes sense... anyways...

NEXT QUESTION? >=)

I, vVv Bagzli, endorse Deathsgrasp!

• I have seen Michael around for quite some time now, not sure for an exact period.

• At first, I wasn't really sure how to feel about him, but after getting to know him I learned he is a good and a hard working person. Always willing to play with others, regardless of skill level, and help them become better players. Fun person to be around.

• When we played together until we finally got me champ rank in 3's, this is my favorite moment with him because he stuck through and didn't want to quit until we achieved it. Shows dedication that he has for helping others.

• He has gone above and beyond to become a caster because we are in need of more casters. I am not sure if he did it more because he wanted to become a caster or because we really need more, but in either case, he has been going strong at it and is getting very good at it. He is very active on discord and tries to bring others to it to keep the server active.

• Be more confident in your abilities and don't sell yourself short.  After trying it once you wanted to give up on casting, but after I asked you to send me a recording any way you kept going. I think that you gave up too easily there because look at how great you are at it now!

• He likes DnD, plays it every Saturday :)

Congratulations! You have received enough endorsements to earn a pre-interview! We will be covering every link in this thread during the interview, so READ THIS CAREFULLY! Please send me a forum pm with your availability over the next few days so that we can schedule the pre-interview (please note, I am in Australia currently, so specific times and days would help). A typical interview session lasts for approximately 30-45 minutes. Congrats! Come Prepared!

4 hours ago, vVv Petey said:

Congrats death!!!!

Thanks! now for me to throw the interview ;D jk jk jk