Welcome to vVv Gaming

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• vVv Bagzli

We have moved to Discord   08/04/2016

There has been a strong desire among the community to migrate to Discord for quite some time. As of today, our community will be using Discord and as a result, we will no longer be actively using our TeamSpeak Server.  The TeamSpeak server will temporarily stay active to help inform all of our move to Discord. Within the next couple of months, it will be shut down completely.  For a quick invite to our new Discord server, you can click here.  
      For a full detailed guide visit http://www.vVv-Gaming.com/Discord
    • vVv Bagzli

New Supersonic Series Start Time   10/17/2016

We would like to thank everyone who participated in our recent survey regarding the start time of our tournaments.  After reviewing responses from the survey sent out to tournament participants we have decided to make changes to the start time of our events to try to better accommodate everyone.  Beginning on Monday, October 24th, all of our tournaments will start an hour earlier - at 8PM Eastern.  This means that registration will close at 7:30 EST, and that check-in starts at 7:30 EST and closes at 7:45 EST.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vVv Petey

Member Application - Petey

19 posts in this topic

• Name: Peter
  • Steam profile link: Petey
  • Battle.Net Tag: n/a
  • What is the game you are currently most active in and why? Rocket League, because it makes me laugh, i can relax while having fun playing it and if i want to be competitive i can.
  • What are some other games that you currently play? Arma 3, H1Z1, Golf With Your Friends, Speed Runners, Sims 3, GTA V
  • How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom? Yes I was referred to the site by my friend Staxx.
  • Who do you currently know in vVv Gaming? How did you get to know them?  Some random newb who keeps bugging (harassment) me to play and carry him to blue star (which i was successful) his name is vVv Bagzli, I saw him post in Discord about playing 2s and I asked if he wanted to try it out.  Looking forward to playing with more members.
  • Why are you interested in joining vVv Gaming? I like a community to play with, someone always around to play some games with and i enjoy their tournaments they throw few times a week.
  • What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming? Cars and work (working towards Law Enforcement)
  • How do you plan to add value to vVv Gaming? Being active on the forums and discord, assisting anyone who needs it or helping out with events
  • Do you attend LAN Events?  Negative
  • Will you be meeting with us in person at PAX SOUTH in January of 2017? Negative
Edited by Petey

Welcome and congrats on applying!

Now to business....

You should ummm...check that scoreboard more often, just make sure you are sitting down....don't want the shock tripping you over or anything.  

Also please bear in mind that your new rims are really boring...  white rims, really?

But hey, it's nice to see you apply, I think you have potential to make an awesome vVv Gaming member, that is once you check that scoreboard and accept the reality! It's nice to dream though right?

Good luck with your application!  

Now go out there and earn those endorsements!

I won't start this out copying Bagzli, but welcome to the crew.

I see you around a lot on Discord, and recently on the forums, which is AWESOME!

One side note about your app, can you change the text color from purple to something else, the purple on a black background makes it REALLY hard to read :)

I decided for every new applicant i would ask them a few random questions so here it goes:

If you could have a street legal car from Rocket League, what would it be and why?

If you could make 1 change to Rocket League, what would it be and why?

Lastly, if you could choose to have the ability to fly or breathe underwater, what would you choose and why?

7 hours ago, vVv Saturn said:

I won't start this out copying Bagzli, but welcome to the crew.

I see you around a lot on Discord, and recently on the forums, which is AWESOME!

One side note about your app, can you change the text color from purple to something else, the purple on a black background makes it REALLY hard to read :)

I decided for every new applicant i would ask them a few random questions so here it goes:

If you could have a street legal car from Rocket League, what would it be and why?

If you could make 1 change to Rocket League, what would it be and why?

Lastly, if you could choose to have the ability to fly or breathe underwater, what would you choose and why?

Dominus because its a "muscle" style car and i like american muscle

The ranking system. I would change it to a Halo 2 or Halo 3 style leveling. current one is broken

Fly, i would fly high above the clouds cuz i like the sun

these are beyond random questions i think

Petey, are you sitting down?  I thought I would hep you out here, just make sure you are sitting down before you open the spoiler :)

Spoiler

Petey Carried.png

14 hours ago, vVv Bagzli said:

Petey, are you sitting down?  I thought I would hep you out here, just make sure you are sitting down before you open the spoiler :)

Hide contents

Petey Carried.png

1 game....? come on now.

19 minutes ago, Petey said:

1 game....? come on now.

you sir, got carried xD. He did the same thing to me, so i know them feels.

vVv Vall likes this

Hello Petey, What servers do you play on for Arma 3? I play on CCG's mostly for Exile. If you ever want to play, just hit me up on discord.

18 hours ago, vVv PretzL said:

Hello Petey, What servers do you play on for Arma 3? I play on CCG's mostly for Exile. If you ever want to play, just hit me up on discord.

Hello PretzL, I play ADK Exile Chernarus mostly.  Ill also hop on Wasteland and Breaking Point mods occasionally 

18 hours ago, Mohulis said:

Great to see you applying! :D  Don't let Bagzli scare you off!

Thank You Mohulis, we should run some RL soon

I, vVv Bagzli, endorse Petey!

How much time have you spent with the applicant, in-game or out? 

• I have played with Petey for about a month now.  We don't play every night but we get to play few times a week.

What was your first impression of the community member? Did it change at all over time? If so, how?

• My first impression was that he seemed like a fun guy to hang around with.  Over time my impression has not changed.  We have played numerous games of Rocket League over the past month and I have always had fun with him.

What was your favorite moment with them (in-game or out)?

• My favorite moment with Petey was over the forum.  When I first saw this application and realized he was challenging me, we had to fix that attitude with a very nice screenshot that was taken the following day when we played together :) 

What makes this applicant a good fit for vVv Gaming?

• I believe Petey will make a good fit for vVv Gaming because of his fun to be around personality.  He doesn't seem to get upset easily and takes well to criticism.  He has so far shown a great initiative on the forum and by being an active participant in the Community Game Nights.

How could they improve to be a better potential community member?

• I am stating the following from my own observation based on my own activity, which is mostly at evenings. I should also note I do not pay attention to general chat and rocket league chat very often.  
  • I do not see Petey hanging out too often on Discord.  I would strongly urge Petey to make a larger effort to reaching out to people over discord.  If a rocket league channel has 3 people, it is ok to enter and ask if they are looking for 1 more.

Anything else we should know about this applicant? Any skills or talents that no one else knows yet?

• He streams often, may not always warn you.

Hi Peter,

I wanted to let you in on a change we have made to the application process.  Seeing how we have been pruning a lot of members recently, we feel at this point that seeking 5 endorsements may prove to be quite a challenge.  As such, we are changing the application process to require 3 endorsements.  With this change, we are also changing how long you have to wait between endorsements from 7 to 10 days.  This will ensure that your application lasts at the minimum of 30 days which will give you plenty of time to get to know us by the time you have your pre-interview.

On 10/2/2016 at 10:26 AM, vVv Bagzli said:

Hi Peter,

I wanted to let you in on a change we have made to the application process.  Seeing how we have been pruning a lot of members recently, we feel at this point that seeking 5 endorsements may prove to be quite a challenge.  As such, we are changing the application process to require 3 endorsements.  With this change, we are also changing how long you have to wait between endorsements from 7 to 10 days.  This will ensure that your application lasts at the minimum of 30 days which will give you plenty of time to get to know us by the time you have your pre-interview.

good to know, im on vacation this week so ill put in work .  Thanks for the feedback and THANK YOU for the endorsement!!!

Edited by Petey

I, vVv Supermario55, endorse Petey!

• I have been playing with Petey for about 2 months total now if not more.

What was your first impression of the community member? Did it change at all over time? If so, how?

• My first impression was I love this guy. His energy is awesome. He puts a smile on your face when speaking with him and I love that about him. None of that has changed.

• My favorite moments (way more then 1) is in Rocket League. We always have a blast playing together hitting freestyles and making other teams rage. 

• Petey's Energy is what makes him a great applicant for vVv gaming. All communities need those people who can come in with a smile and stay positive no matter what. 

•   I feel Petey can improve by being more active on the forums and on Discord. While I do talk to him a lot on Discord it seems that he tends to hand around a few people. It is important to go into other channels with new people and start up a conversation and possibly play with them. I noticed he is helping out with the Tournaments the other day so I think he is on the right track.

Anything else we should know about this applicant? Any skills or talents that no one else knows yet?

• Petey Streams! You should def go check him out. 

17 hours ago, vVv Supermario55 said:

I, vVv Supermario55, endorse Petey!

• I have been playing with Petey for about 2 months total now if not more.

• My first impression was I love this guy. His energy is awesome. He puts a smile on your face when speaking with him and I love that about him. None of that has changed.

• My favorite moments (way more then 1) is in Rocket League. We always have a blast playing together hitting freestyles and making other teams rage. 

• Petey's Energy is what makes him a great applicant for vVv gaming. All communities need those people who can come in with a smile and stay positive no matter what. 

•   I feel Petey can improve by being more active on the forums and on Discord. While I do talk to him a lot on Discord it seems that he tends to hand around a few people. It is important to go into other channels with new people and start up a conversation and possibly play with them. I noticed he is helping out with the Tournaments the other day so I think he is on the right track.

• Petey Streams! You should def go check him out. 

Thank You Mario!!!!

I, vVv PretzL, endorse Kung Fu Panda!

• I have played with this applicant since he applied back in September.

• He seemed very involved with the community and he's just great fun to be around.

• I'd say definitely our Golf With "Your" Friends moments have to be some our favorite moments! I still can't beat him.  

• Well, Petey is constantly online either during supersonic series or just playing games with members, as I said above. I'd say he's one of the most active applicants in the community. I look forward to seeing him progress further with vVv Gaming.

• The best advice would be to keep doing what you're doing and staying active on the website.

• He is number one at Golf With "Your" Friends! 

5 minutes ago, vVv PretzL said:

I, vVv PretzL, endorse Kung Fu Panda!

• I have played with this applicant since he applied back in September.

• He seemed very involved with the community and he's just great fun to be around.

• I'd say definitely our Golf With "Your" Friends moments have to be some our favorite moments! I still can't beat him.  

• Well, Petey is constantly online either during supersonic series or just playing games with members, as I said above. I'd say he's one of the most active applicants in the community. I look forward to seeing him progress further with vVv Gaming.

• The best advice would be to keep doing what you're doing and staying active on the website.

• He is number one at Golf With "Your" Friends! 

Thank You PretzL!!!!!

Congratulations! After reviewing your application, posts, social media activity and reviewing feedback from staff and community, I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected for a panel-interview! We will be covering every link in this thread during the interview, so READ THIS CAREFULLY! Please send me a forum pm with your availability over the next few days so that we can schedule the pre-interview. A typical interview session lasts for approximately 1 - 2.5 hours Congrats! Come Prepared!