Welcome to vVv Gaming

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• vVv Bagzli

We have moved to Discord   08/04/2016

There has been a strong desire among the community to migrate to Discord for quite some time. As of today, our community will be using Discord and as a result, we will no longer be actively using our TeamSpeak Server.  The TeamSpeak server will temporarily stay active to help inform all of our move to Discord. Within the next couple of months, it will be shut down completely.  For a quick invite to our new Discord server, you can click here.  
      For a full detailed guide visit http://www.vVv-Gaming.com/Discord
    • vVv Bagzli

New Supersonic Series Start Time   10/17/2016

We would like to thank everyone who participated in our recent survey regarding the start time of our tournaments.  After reviewing responses from the survey sent out to tournament participants we have decided to make changes to the start time of our events to try to better accommodate everyone.  Beginning on Monday, October 24th, all of our tournaments will start an hour earlier - at 8PM Eastern.  This means that registration will close at 7:30 EST, and that check-in starts at 7:30 EST and closes at 7:45 EST.
Angry Doktor

Member Application - Angry Doktor (Brian Boyle)

24 posts in this topic

• Name: William J. Rebman I.
  • Steam profile link: 
  • Battle.Net Tag: AngryDoktor#1593
  • What is the game you are currently most active in and why? (only name one game)  The most current game I have been actively playing is League of Legends.  I find this game to have something new to offer each match and enjoy the cooperative play, especially with friends.
  • What are some other games that you currently play? To name a few: World of Warcraft, Runescape, Hearthstone, Diablo 2, Pokemon Go, Pokemon Insurgence, etc..
  • How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom?  I initially heard of vVv Gaming from vVv Ballack.  While vVv Bardo was the first to urge me to apply, vVv Ballack also recommended it.  Most recently, I was asked to apply via vVv Yui.
  • Who do you currently know in vVv Gaming? How did you get to know them?  To date, I know the following members of vVv: Ballack, Eternal, Yui, and Bardo (Though I do not believe I've actually played League with Bardo..).
  • Why are you interested in joining vVv Gaming?  I am interested in joining vVv gaming not only to be a part of their competitive gaming scene but also for the comradery you all continue to offer.
  • What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming?  Outside of video games, I draw (sketch), Hike, Play baseball, Run, Play pool, Work Out, Throw Darts, and Drink Beers.
  • How do you plan to add value to vVv Gaming?  I plan on adding value to vVv Gaming by offering myself as someone who is reliable and would work hard to achieve goals set forth by those in charge.  I will offer input, as requested, and strive to educate and play alongside existing and new members of the community.  I already have an immense amount of passion for gaming, in general.  I feel it would be suiting to use an organization, such as this, as an outlet and conduit for working alongside those who share similar ideals.
  • Do you attend LAN Events?  I have never attended a LAN event but am willing to do so, schedule permitting. 
  • Will you be meeting with us in person at PAX SOUTH in January of 2017?  Come January 2017 I will likely be deployed in the Airforce.  If scheduling permits, I would enjoy meeting more of you in person.

Post Script: This is my second time applying.  My first application was closed due to inactivity over a year ago.

Hi William, thank you for applying again!

Runescape, omg, now I feel like logging back in and chopping some wood lol.  Anyhow, I would love to see some of your sketches!  I tried doodling in the past but I was never that good at it. I could never draw things out of my head, always had to look at something and copy it.

When you get a chance, please check out  this page.  If you have any questions in regards to the application process, don't hesitate to ask. I personally don't play LoL but if you ever pick up Rocket League or Overwatch, hit me up for a game!  If you ever just wanna hangout, feel free to drop in my channel and say hi.

Ehyyyyyyy, its my boy Brian!  Welcome!

As you know, I'm Yui, the vVv Game Manager for League of Legends!  I look forward to playing some games with you and helping you progress.  Let me know if you need anything, I'm on discord most of the days I have off.

Thanks!

If you're truly interested: https://imgur.com/gallery/5gRDZ those are some of my sketches, although there are more if you poke and prod around in my profile submittals.  If you log back on let me know your ign :]

I discovered pokemon insurgence only recently.  Apparently its a fan built game with a different plot and contains all 6 generations of pokemon, including "delta" pokemon.  I assume these are made by the creators, definitely worth a download: https://p-insurgence.com/

Thanks all for the warm response!

I used to rely more heavily on the G2 pilot pen.  These days I typically use your average mechanical pen, occasionally a shading stump

Thanks!

Welcome to vVv William, I wish you the very best with your application. Those sketches are really nice. If you ever want to play some Rocket League or Overwatch hit me up, I'll be down to play.

Angry Doktor likes this

My boy right here... I love this guy, we go way back.... He'd be a great addition to vVv and plays with most of the members who are active. Keep up the activity and I'm sure you'll be accepted Will. 

Angry Doktor likes this

I, vVv Yui, endorse Angry Doktor

How much time have you spent with the applicant, in-game or out? 

• I have played for a month or two with Will in League of Legends.  I have managed to play norms, Ranked Dynamic Que, and Ranked 5s with him.

What was your first impression of the community member? Did it change at all over time? If so, how?

• First impression of Will was that he was a competitive player that was looking to get better.  He may not have been the best player that I'd ever played with but he was willing to take criticism and work on his play to improve.  

What was your favorite moment with them (in-game or out)?

• Dem Lux bindings are on point :D 

What makes this applicant a good fit for vVv Gaming?

• Angry Doktor is a solid vVv applicant because of his desire to improve.  Like I've said before, he is always looking to improve his play and willing to work as a teammate to improve.  He is open to criticism and doesn't shut down when you point out what he is doing wrong.  He also works well as a team player and brings a great attitude to the table.  Overall a solid gamer and a person in general.

How could they improve to be a better potential community member?

• Attend the ADL when you can.  I know that you work Friday nights but make an effort to show up to the Sunday night ADL's.  Not only is it a great way to remain active in the community, but it is also a great way to learn and improve.  Its a lower pressure system and allows for you to play with and against higher elo players without the risk of losing LP.  And as always, post on the forums!

Anything else we should know about this applicant? Any skills or talents that no one else knows yet?

• He has a pretty solid southern accent, kappa
vVv PretzL likes this

1 hour ago, vVv Ballack said:

Probably filming Double M Day 2009, particularly this scene where Will enters at the one minute mark. 

What did I just watch? XD

Unfortunately, Ballack's endorsement is not valid.  Applicants cannot receive a second endorsement for a week after receiving the first one.  Please follow the rules to the endorsement system.

My boy Bwill! This guy is a solid player and great addition to the community! He's a super clean GP player too... Kappa.

Lets try this again...

I, vVv Ballack, endorse Angry Doktor

• I've known Will since 2007, we've played a ton of baseball in highschool together, including on travel teams all over the country. Besides that we play league pretty much daily. 

What was your first impression of the community member? Did it change at all over time? If so, how?

• Will is the kind of guy who gives his all in everything he does. It's sometimes awkward to meet someone new in highschool, but once he moved to our school, he fit in almost immediately which was quite rare. He's a competitive guy, but doesn't take things over the top.

• Probably filming Double M Day 2009, particularly this scene where Will enters at the one minute mark. 

• Will is a good person overall, heavily active with our group on league and is always looking to improve.

• I think the most important thing is to just stay active and involved with the community. He does a good job in game but will need to continue being active here as well.

Anything else we should know about this applicant? Any skills or talents that no one else knows yet?

• He once dropped the middle finger when he was catching me at a national tournament we played in... which was weird because I was thinking the same thing. ESP moment. haha
Yui likes this

I, vVv Eternal, endorse Angry Doktor

• I have been playing with him for about 6 months now in League.

• My first impression of my boy Bwill was that he was a strong player with a learning mind set for the game, and a pretty laid back demeanor. 

• The Brand ults, oh the Brand ults. 

• Angry Doktor is a solid player who is constantly improving his gameplay abilities. He is also one of the most chill players that I have had the pleasure to meet in League, and I think that he would be a great player to represent our League Division and vVv in general.

• Participate in the ADL when possible, and potentially communicate with some of the other members of the community outside of League as well.

• Cynthia Dringus

Hey AngryDoktor!

I hope all is well. We have made some changes to the application process that you should check up on here (you dont need to put in a new app).

You haven't been very active on the forums :( which is okay, but let's change that :D. One of the biggest changes made to the app process is that by the end of your application, all applicants need to have a minimum of 35 posts. You seem to have no problem gaining endorsements, which is awesome! Yet to have an app that really stands out, LET'S GET TO POTING! :) 

Hey y'all,

ive been going through a bit of a rough patch with family lately and haven't had much internet access. I understand I haven't been posting or active, whatsoever, but I hope you can understand. When I'm able to have stability, I will be back in full force. Until then, best of luck to everyone. 

Apologies,

Will

As a side note, anyone who knows me, especially Ethan, knows how difficult it is to be without Internet and thus, my friends. I just hope for understanding. 

I was going to post something similar about Will dealing with some personal stuff that has effected his activity. Once he gets things ironed out I'm sure he'll be back in full force again.

Application closed. Applications are closed for the following reasons: -Requested by applicant -Inactivity -Failed to upload a Pic -Failed to COMPLETELY fill out Forum Personal Profile and "About Me" Page -Applied to another organization -Inappropriate conduct Please contact me or another staff member if you feel this has been done in error. If you do not contact staff within 3 days, this application will be filed away as "Closed/Not Admitted." Thank You.