Welcome to vVv Gaming

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• vVv Bagzli

We have moved to Discord   08/04/2016

There has been a strong desire among the community to migrate to Discord for quite some time. As of today, our community will be using Discord and as a result, we will no longer be actively using our TeamSpeak Server.  The TeamSpeak server will temporarily stay active to help inform all of our move to Discord. Within the next couple of months, it will be shut down completely.  For a quick invite to our new Discord server, you can click here.  
      For a full detailed guide visit http://www.vVv-Gaming.com/Discord
    • vVv Bagzli

New Supersonic Series Start Time   10/17/2016

We would like to thank everyone who participated in our recent survey regarding the start time of our tournaments.  After reviewing responses from the survey sent out to tournament participants we have decided to make changes to the start time of our events to try to better accommodate everyone.  Beginning on Monday, October 24th, all of our tournaments will start an hour earlier - at 8PM Eastern.  This means that registration will close at 7:30 EST, and that check-in starts at 7:30 EST and closes at 7:45 EST.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alki

Recent Developments.

8 posts in this topic

First of all, let me say im sorry for being away for so long. I have been having many problems that I may or may not share with you but I want you to know that I havent just left off and done nothing. The last post on here was made almost a year ago and I want to make posting in here a more regular thing. With that out of the way, lets get to Star Citizen!

Recently Star Citizen 1.1.1 has been released. This patch allows almost every pledge fighter ship or single person craft to be flown in AC or in the private match system. You can now also do free flight with your friends by using a friend code that will be prompted at the AC loading screen as you load into the simulation.

Another big things that is right around the corner for SC is the FPS shooter module. CIG has been hard at work squaring away all of the things to please thousands for backers. The zero-g gameplay is a revolutionary new system that makes your character interact with the environment in ways that were never thought to be possible on the cry engine. For example, when you are fighting in zero-g and float into a wall, your character will not just become a static object and bounce off of the wall like it is nothing. You will be able to interact with the wall in a seem-less way allowing you to hold onto it, push off of it, and use it to your advantage in combat. This is interesting because in many games that have FPS such as Call Of Duty (yeah its not really the same thing at all but hey its FPS) you cannot interact with walls aside from running into them over and over. Every wall that you have in your ship in that in a space station will work with the combat in zero-g to give the player the most realistic experience( as realistic as zero-g combat can be) as allowed by the current game engine.

Also, with the release of Star Citizen 1.0, they as that you install SC all over again because a lot of unused things have piled up over the year or so of constant updates and patches. Much of the code is rendered useless by some of the newer code that helps improve SC.

This is basically all ive got for right now guys. But stick with me and there will be more regular updates on SC and the development process behind it!

If you are looking for more information on Star Citizen, or want to purchase your first ship, head over the www.robertsspaceindustres.com  . There is a lot of good information over there and the community is always willing to help you even on the dumbest of questions!

As always guys, thanks for reading and Ill see you around the 'verse!

And just so everyone knows, this was typed off the top of my head in about 5 minutes so please excuse the lack of content. I promise the posts in the future will be more quality than this!

Edited by vVv Alki

I will probably end up picking this up, I've been keeping an eye out for this and Elite: Dangerous....but SC looks a lot more promising. 

Elite: Dangerous is what a lot of people are playing while waiting for SC to become a more complete product. Any idea what you might want to do in the game? If you have any questions feel free to ask me! And once you do pick it up, if you are interested in joining the organization that myself and 2 other vVv members are in, just tell me and ill give you the name and send you an invite!

Not sure yet what I want to do, but I like small fast ships. So probably something that relates to that.

Well you could always race if thats what youre into. The Origin Jump Works M50 is pretty much what you described. You could also run information with something like the Drank Interplanetary Herald. If youve got questions Ill help you with anything you need

Awesome, I probably wont pick up the game until a while later though.....but if I see a good sale maybe I'll buy a ship.

Well when you decide, let me know