vVv OrganicBear

The Smite Community Goals Thread

My Goals:

• Become a better jungler, with people who recognize my name second guess themselves when they are against me.
  • Get as good at my favorite god, Fenrir, as the best Fenrir player in NA (Okami) and show people that he is a viable option for jungle.
  • Reach Gold in ranked by summer.

How I plan to acheive these goals:

• I am currently watching videos from top jungles, as well as vids from Hinduman where he watches player games and critiques them. I also plan on having sessions with Tayto and other jungles to perfect my game. 
  • I have been in contact with Okami to help me learn more about fenrir. I am also playing him more than any other god to get as much practice in as possible. I plan on taking notes while watching Okami play and study them. This is a long term goal, but I am aiming for the end of summer.
  • Play a lot of ranked, and perfect my game.

@Minjaaa I agree, the community is starting to get stale and since we already have times for everyone to get together we can start building the SADL.  Next thing we need is feedback on is what that should look like, which I'm having Killshift put up a poll to get feedback on.

@Spazboy I hear you and I think I covered everything you mentioned, but make sure to let me know if I missed something in your post.

@INSOMNIAA I see you'd like to add having specific inhouses for learning new roles.  Could we expand that to be kind of a general "want to improve in a more comfortable environment"?

@Snap Thanks for the feedback!  Looks like the big thing you wanted to cover was making sure the people we bring in are high quality (non-toxic, don't rage, are accountable for their own improvement, etc.).  It wasn't clear to me if you wanted me to add anything else based on you other points, so I'd appreciate it if you could condense some of that down for me if I missed something!

@Shorlong So what I'm getting from that is you'd personally like help getting your jungle and specifically Fenrir up to the pro level.  As far as reaching gold I believe that's covered by my previous post. 

So did I miss anything? Does anyone else have anything to add?

My Current Goals are:

• To get to Gold V in conquest by May 10th (I am currently sitting at Silver II, and have been dancing beetween SI / SII for about six weeks now).
  • To Integrate 2 warriors/solo-assassins to my usual god pool, so I can perform better at solo lane if the need arises, (since I can currently do only mages), by the end of July.

How I plan to achieve these goals:

• To get to Gold V, Duo Queueing with known-by-me players, so there's less chance of getting a troll player.
  • To integrate 2 warriors/solo-assassins to my usual good pool, would be gaining 3 additional mastery levels on what I currently have by playing Casual Conquest.
Edited by Auden Lujan

My Current Goals are:

• To get to Gold V in conquest by May 10th (I am currently sitting at Silver II, and have been dancing beetween SI / SII for about six weeks now).
  • To Integrate 2 warriors/solo-assassins to my usual god pool, so I can perform better at solo lane if the need arises, (since I can currently do only mages), by the end of July.

How I plan to achieve these goals:

• To get to Gold V, Duo Queueing with known-by-me players, so there's less chance of getting a troll player.
  • To integrate 2 warriors/solo-assassins to my usual good pool, would be gaining 3 additional mastery levels on what I currently have by playing Casual Conquest.

Thanks for contributing!  One more vote for playable character diversity and improvement!

@Sugarbear Nah, I'm good as far as adding things.  I think that as far as trying to add points, we've got enough without me trying to nit pick more out ;)  Frankly I feel very good about where the clan is going and I feel that people should be held accountable for their skills and growth.  If I were to make a point, I'd say that improvement will come by playing and suggestions from more experienced members.  Listen to the people who've been playing this game since beta.

Also, Spoiler alert, But i'm currently working on an encyclopedia of everything people may or may not know about characters. Just things that I've picked up by playing them... Like combo's and little known facts ;)

My goal for the upcoming month is to get myself as prepared as possible before doing my qualifiers and entering league play.  This means I need to get comfortable enough with the current meta, familiarize myself better with the draft system (counter picks, who's strong and weak against who, etc..), and be comfortable playing any of the 5 roles.  I am currently at max level and 23 mastery, which is enough to enter league play, but I had read on the Smite forums that a player really needed to have at least 4 gods for each role mastered before thinking about entering their qualifiers.  Any help or advice that will help me achieve this goal would be greatly appreciated.

My goal for the upcoming month is to get myself as prepared as possible before doing my qualifiers and entering league play.  This means I need to get comfortable enough with the current meta, familiarize myself better with the draft system (counter picks, who's strong and weak against who, etc..), and be comfortable playing any of the 5 roles.  I am currently at max level and 23 mastery, which is enough to enter league play, but I had read on the Smite forums that a player really needed to have at least 4 gods for each role mastered before thinking about entering their qualifiers.  Any help or advice that will help me achieve this goal would be greatly appreciated.

When playing league for the first time be prepared to play any role you never know. Master these gods and you are golden.

Agni,Scylla,Anhur,Artmis,Athena,Bastet, Bellona, Chang'e, Chronos, Cupid, Geb, Herc, Hun Bats, Isis, janus, medusa, Poseidon, Rama, Serqet, sun wukong(Not very very important but it is nice) Sylvanus, Thor, Tyr, Ullr, Xbal, Ymir. You master those 26 you should be good. They are the most played atm in ranked.

Also try not to be toxic. My games have went alot better when teammates are not fighting. Also if you are laning and you know the other player is better then you. Just sit in tower and hit the minions.  Let the tower help you. Try to stay away from ADC or Jungle( Unless your good just because if someone is very good with them roles they can carry the game.) Always ward Gold Fury and Fire giant. Never push a tower when you do not know the enemy team is. You playing mid? SCylla goes left. Go left with her unless you team says they are fine and you can get tower. Just communicate it's the best thing. Install and use curse. Don't play screaming or anything in backround of curse because they will mute you. :/ Try to be at all the team fights. Look up on youtube or watch pro streams to see the builds they are taking so you do go building something like mail of renew. Call missing in your lanes. Ummm I cannot think of anything else. Just learn the roles a bit and learn the builds and give it a swing. As long as you don't feed then you team will not be yelling and that is always nice :D

Edited by Sylence

All great advice, thank you very much.  The list of gods to concentrate on is especially helpful.  I have quite a few on that list mastered already, but this helps me decide on which ones to work on next.  As far as the roles go... I'm comfortable playing support and think I understand all the responsibilities there just fine.  I'm comfortable playing ADC as well, though not that great at it.  I'm fine with mid as well, and understand where to ward and that I'm supposed to rotate and help left lane.  I think I just need a little help on when I should be rotating as well as what gods are the best picks for mid.  I would normally pick a Nu Wa, Posidon, Zues, Kukulkan, or Anubis (basicly any mage with good clear).  I think I understand the solo lane responsibilities, but I never know what god to pick when I get stuck in this lane.  I'm not very good playing warriors so I usually try to go with a pick like Hel or Hades.... something with strong sustain and a good 'poke.'  Jungle is probably where i need the most help.  I have no clue what camps I should be clearing and when.  I've honestly only tried to jungle once after watching a short 'how-to' guide on youtube.  I figured any assassin would be a good pick so I took my favorite arena assassin, which is Awilix.  Well it was such an awful attempt that I've never wanted to try it again lol.  Now, however, I guess its time I buckle down and learn it.

All great advice, thank you very much.  The list of gods to concentrate on is especially helpful.  I have quite a few on that list mastered already, but this helps me decide on which ones to work on next.  As far as the roles go... I'm comfortable playing support and think I understand all the responsibilities there just fine.  I'm comfortable playing ADC as well, though not that great at it.  I'm fine with mid as well, and understand where to ward and that I'm supposed to rotate and help left lane.  I think I just need a little help on when I should be rotating as well as what gods are the best picks for mid.  I would normally pick a Nu Wa, Posidon, Zues, Kukulkan, or Anubis (basicly any mage with good clear).  I think I understand the solo lane responsibilities, but I never know what god to pick when I get stuck in this lane.  I'm not very good playing warriors so I usually try to go with a pick like Hel or Hades.... something with strong sustain and a good 'poke.'  Jungle is probably where i need the most help.  I have no clue what camps I should be clearing and when.  I've honestly only tried to jungle once after watching a short 'how-to' guide on youtube.  I figured any assassin would be a good pick so I took my favorite arena assassin, which is Awilix.  Well it was such an awful attempt that I've never wanted to try it again lol.  Now, however, I guess its time I buckle down and learn it.

Mid lane normally goes like this. Well most games I play in ranked. Someone gets pos and to counter that get isis.( Starting to test a Scylla build to counter him early) If they go Scylla Janus or nuwa or Vulcan etc go angi he is very strong as sawna for help on that one. Now jungle. Normally stay in lane till 4 go mid for that wave then tell mid to go back lefts or rights to split then go mid for the lane farm. After that mid camps should be up. Clear mids and then go from there. Just keep splitting back camps with mid and clearing waves where ever you are don't sit in jungle you will miss farm. Corroborate ganks with team also.