Sign in to follow this  
statuskwoh

Suggest a build

Mentioned in another thread that experienced players were willing to chime in with potential class/builds for newer players. Figured (since I need advice) I'd throw down a thread and take advantage of said services.

In past MMO's I've drifted towards Warriors or Casters. Wow was Fury Warrior, Enh Shaman, and Ele Sham. GW2 was warrior and elementalist, Wildstar was warrior, etc.

Tried out archer in archeage during beta and it definitely wasn't doing it for me. Thoughts based on the above and what you guys see that we need?

There are several viable warrior type classes and caster type classes. Each of them ranging from glass cannon to tanky. Here are some of the class I can think of at the moment, I most likely have missed some,  I can give you a more detailed list later tonight showing their strengths and weaknesses and how they play. I am headed off to play some ball golf with my dad for his birthday.

Here are some of the warrior type classes.

Darkrunner(Battlerage/Shadowplay/Auramancy)

Shadowblade(Battlerage/Shadowplay/Witchcraft)

Hexblade(Battlerage/Defense/Witchcraft)

Blighter (Battlerage/Defense/Shadowplay)

Abolisher(Battlerage/Defense/Auramancy)

Paladin(Battlerage/Defense/Vitalism)

For casters:

Daggerspell(Sorcery/Witchcraft/Shadowplay)

Arcanist(Sorcery/Witchcraft/Auramancy)

Revenant(Sorcery/Auramancy/Occultism)

Cultist(Sorcery/Occultism/Vitalism)

Reaper(Sprcery/Occultism/Shadowplay)

Defiler(Occultism/Defense/Witchcraft)

Shullknight(Occultism/Defense/Auramancy)

Edited by vVv Khaela

Khaela mentioned pretty much all for the 2 play styles you listed, but I find the best way to choose (or atleast the way i came up with the class I wanted to play) is decide one class at a time, in this manor.

First, pick your primary play style. For melee DPS, Battlerage or Shadowplay are your best choices; For caster, Sorcery or Occultism.  Next you want to pick a class that complements it well. Picking the other of the two for the ones i already listed works just fine, or you can also take Auramancy or Defense for melee, and casters can go for Shadowplay or Auramancy. Finally you want to pick a class that provides some sort of heavy support/CC. Witchcraft, Songcraft, Auramancy are probably your best bet here, although to a lesser extent Defense, Vitalism and Occultism work as well.

If you are unsure of what each class does, check out this character builder: http://arche-base.com/builds/generator

Edited by vVv Blazek

Out of all the builds there, anything with Shadowplay will be very rogue-ish because you get a stealth ability and bursty melee. Which is very good to gank and to run tradepacks when there're enemies around.

We need a build discussion area.

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/80439/

I like to mess around with unpopular builds. This one is like a ret paladin from WoW, I can imagine using a long spear/polearm with this build. You can also pick whatever third spec you want based on the name. Not sure if just two will work but it should.

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/80425/

Alternative: http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/80431/

This one's weird and I'd like your thoughts. It's pretty much a pure heals pvp spec, which I'm not sure can actually work. 

I need to play this game now >_<

Edited by Chibigoat3

You have 23 points at lvl 50. The builds you linked have 28 which is for the max level of 55

I heard before that the launch level was 55 but just looked it up, guess I have some tweaking to do. Thanks for letting me know.

Edited by Chibigoat3

I think I'm looking for a 2h melee unless thats absolutely terrible. Wandering around with a giant axe sounds really appealing right now. Reading around, maybe thats best with Bloodreaver?

For a 2h melee build, it is between shadowblade, darkrunner, or a bloodreaver. Bloodreavers sacrifice a lot of mobility compared to shadowblades and darkrunners for cc. It depends on what you want to do, only thing I would suggest is to level and try it out for yourself. If you are wanting a personal opinion, I prefer shadowblade mostly because the witchcraft tree is amazing.

There are multiple build variants but I usually am heavy in the witchcraft tree, witchcraft has a heal, more health regen and mana leech to better substain in leveling. Play dead is amazing. Shadowblade is also one of the few melee that can great benefit from the dual wield passive in the battlerage tree since they dont use the attack speed from the auramancy tree, therefore you can play with multiple weapons. It will depend if you are playing it as a 2h, 1h and shield or 2 weapons which skills you will take. Remember that you can weapon swap by putting your weapons on your hot bar to switch them, also remember you can spend gold to reset you tree and try something else.