Sign in to follow this  
TheAmpeD

Land Grab Techniques & Focus

The initial land grab right out of the gates is the most important start to the game for every guild member.

Following is the initial rough technique to securing spots for guild members' farms:

1.) Your plan is to gather 15 Gilda Stars as soon as possible.  To do this, skip ALL YELLOW quests and ONLY ACCEPT AND PERFORM GREEN (Story) quests.

2.) Upon receiving 15 Gilda Stars, move to the closest Mirage Isle Portal as shown below.

0.jpg

3.) Once within Mirage Isle, head to either the Nuian nor Harani Homes areas and purchase a 16 x 16 House/Cottage with the 15 Gilda Stars.

4.) Take any Mirage Isle Portal from within Mirage Isle to return to your previous location.

5.) From here, rush to one one of the 4 points shown on the map linked below.  (**NOTE: Locations 1 & 2 are the MOST IDEAL)

HOUSE LOCATIONS MAP

Note: For those who purchased the Archeum Founder's Pack, upon opening the 6x Daru Chests there is a chance to receive upwards of 30+ Gilda Stars.  If you are lucky enough to receive 30 stars, skip step 1 and proceed to purchase 2x 16 x 16 houses then proceed with the following steps.

Edited by vVv AmpeD

Is it smart to plant it right away, if we have a lot of houses planted that's  A LOT of mats to get together for every house, and now that people know how precious wood and stone is I see some peoples houses getting destroyed since they can't get mats done right away...leaning more towards the casual players on this. 

Edited by JayC

Is it smart to plant it right away, if we have a lot of houses planted that's  A LOT of mats to get together for every house, and now that people know how precious wood and stone is I see some peoples houses getting destroyed since they can't get mats done right away...leaning more towards the casual players on this. 

You don't have to finish the house, it's only to reserve your large plot of land. It only takes the blueprints to set it down, no mats.

You don't have to finish the house, it's only to reserve your large plot of land. It only takes the blueprints to set it down, no mats

I know, but isnt there a certain amount of time before it can become destroyed? I dont remember the length of time 

I know, but isnt there a certain amount of time before it can become destroyed? I dont remember the length of time

Houses will remain unfinished if you pay the tax for any amount of time. I believe boats have a 3 day timer.

Do we have numbers on how many of us are going to do this or have headstart? Or plan to be there from as soon as the servers go live?

We will be covering all things head start/launch at the next guild meeting which will be this Sunday the 7th at 2pm PST

Do we have numbers on how many of us are going to do this or have headstart? Or plan to be there from as soon as the servers go live?

Not in the guild yet, but my buddy and I applied and both have head start. 

Why the 15 gilda house? Why not the 50 gilda farmhouse that I believe is 24x24(much larger)? If you place the 15 gilda house you wont be able to buy the 50 gilda farmhouse that you can get from doing the main quests as easily. I already have it timed to get the farmhouse within 4 hours of the start of the game. And there are areas that only allow farmhouses and above.

If you are using a small house to reserve a large plot you will be screwed because people will build right next to you and you wont have enough space to plop down anything larger than what is already there.

Edited by SlyFX

The small house was for the large scarecrow farm as both are 16 x 16. We are currently timing 50 Gilda star rush for the farmhouse since people feel 15 Gildas are going to waste buying the small house that most likely will not be used. We are also current experimenting reserving an extra 16 x 16 spot with placement tactics for those that cannot be on at headstart.

I'm on east doing the ferrin quests which typically take longer than 90 minutes to get to the 50 gilda :( thats also solo without any help so when launch starts im sure i'll be able to get close to that mark. Such is life.

Recorded land rushing that myself and pherzghul did.  It took us about 48 minutes until I had the house plot in my inventory, so if you have no idea what to do, the video will show you all the quests I took to get to level 10 and 14 Guilda Stars.  Doing the small farm quest gives you the last guilda star that you need for the house design.  If anyone recorded doing a different set of quests with a faster timer or better quality, please feel free to share!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ7_GGA8Enk&feature=youtu.be